P1000 Mesh or plastic rear window?

LapZ

LapZ

Feb 27, 2016
Illinois
Ownership

1. 700-4

2. 1000-5
Forgot to mention, simply type mesh into the search engine on their website.
Just ordered! For the price you cant go wrong. Kinda confused on the dimensions I put in, If i Put 2.5 is that 2 feet 5 inches or 2 and a half feet? Oh well i just put what you did, it think the mesh will be nice with my pop up window to let the air flow through. Thanks again!

J

jsodep5338

Mar 6, 2020
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Just ordered! For the price you cant go wrong. Kinda confused on the dimensions I put in, If i Put 2.5 is that 2 feet 5 inches or 2 and a half feet? Oh well i just put what you did, it think the mesh will be nice with my pop up window to let the air flow through. Thanks again!
You have to order in feet. If you put the same dimensions you’re good to go.

Reactions: Lady01 and Isaiah
Zeppelindad

Zeppelindad

Apr 14, 2020
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. Talon X
You have to order in feet. If you put the same dimensions you’re good to go.
Hey, I had a mesh on my Commander and loved it. Just ordered a Honda Talon and this is one of the first things I want to add and this custom mesh interests me. Could you provide more pics please of how it looks? Can you get a close up of the mesh. Is this more like a screen or would you say a mesh? I don't have my Talon just yet so can someone tell me if this screen dimension is the same for the Talon? thanks.

Reactions: Lady01
BJ_MC

BJ_MC

May 4, 2020
IOWA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
What size ball bungee did you use for this? I see there is about 5 different sizes. Thanks

T

Tommyp

Dec 2, 2017
Covington La
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I ordered one from covers and all, took over two months for them to make it. It is made in India. The address says Georgia but it’s not. Once it was shipped it took 6 days to my house. Haven’t tried it yet to see if it works.It is well made for $30.

• Wow
Reactions: Lady01 and CID
StewB

StewB

Jan 2, 2021
Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I really appreciate this info. Had a Teryx 4 for 6 years and never had this kind of issue.
Wound up driving my new Pioneer 1K 5 in a snowstorm for quite a while today, including with 4 passengers.
The snow drifted in through the back and I thought we were going to have to shovel our way out of the vehicle.
I understand there will be dust. There will be snow. It's part of the fun.
But if the rear mesh helps redirect the airflow, it should keep more dust and snow out.
I'd note that I have a full windshield, and my hunch is that those without windshields don't understand what we're talking about.
StewB
BTW: I'll never say anything bad about the Teryx 4, but I do like my Pioneer a lot.

Reactions: Lady01 and TripleB
William

William

If you ain’t first, you’re last...
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Flowood MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
They changed the measuring... I think when it did say 2.2’ they meant 2’2”... check my invoice out. I even went and measured to make sure. Thanks for this! This is going to help big time!

158EEBFE F39E 4A9B 981A C885265B8CCF

Reactions: Lady01 and TripleB
William

William

Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Flowood MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
What size ball bungees? 4 inch or 6 inch?

William

William

Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Flowood MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If I reorder this in the future, I would get it a little smaller... Like 2’ by 4’5”... it is a little wide. It works great, but I can’t really get it tight...

Reactions: Wellzy and Lady01
Wellzy

Wellzy

Dec 9, 2020
SW Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
the website is covers and all . com
Obviously all one word. I attached the dimensions that I ordered as well.

View attachment 190819
I am going to screenshot your photos and use them as I order one for mine, that is a great idea, and it will do the job for a cheap price. I have the Shadeidea top on mine, the grey rear screen will be a great match. I will go with the 4'5" width as it was noted to make it tighter. If that is what is recommended.

Last edited:
William

William

Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Flowood MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I am going to screenshot your photos and use them as I order one for mine, that is a great idea, and it will do the job for a cheap price. I have the Shadeidea top on mine, the grey rear screen will be a great match. I will go with the 4.5 width as it was noted to make it tighter. If that is what is recommended.
Yes and 2 ft height.

Reactions: Wellzy and Lady01
Wellzy

Wellzy

Dec 9, 2020
SW Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well it is done, my order is in. I went with the 4feet 5inch width and 2feet high. I added the grommets but in my comments I noted they do not need to be along the bottom edge except for the corners as they will not attach to anything on the tailgate. I didn't notice the discount code for %20 off my first purchase until after I submitted my order. I texted customer service who took care of that and added the discount. If anyone were to order, WELCOME20 was my discount code at checkout.

Coeus

Coeus

Major General
Lifetime Member
Dec 9, 2019
Signal Mountain, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R4 LV
Well it is done, my order is in. I went with the 4feet 5inch width and 2feet high. I added the grommets but in my comments I noted they do not need to be along the bottom edge except for the corners as they will not attach to anything on the tailgate. I didn't notice the discount code for %20 off my first purchase until after I submitted my order. I texted customer service who took care of that and added the discount. If anyone were to order, WELCOME20 was my discount code at checkout.
Keep us posted on how it works for you

William

William

Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Flowood MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I think that size will be perfect. Mine is definitely a little long and wide, but works... I just can’t get it very tight. Let me know how yours works. I may reorder the smaller size soon.

Wellzy

Wellzy

Dec 9, 2020
SW Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I think that size will be perfect. Mine is definitely a little long and wide, but works... I just can’t get it very tight. Let me know how yours works. I may reorder the smaller size soon.
I absolutely will. By the way, can you advise me on what bungies you bought, from where and how long? So If my rear panel is slightly smaller than yours, will the same size as yours work for me? I have the Shadeidea top and that came with the correct size so I didn't have to think about it. I would only put them on every other grommet or so. Also, to get yours tight, have you thought to use black zipties? pull it evenly tight between the two rear side poles?

Last edited:
William

William

Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Flowood MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I absolutely will. By the way, can you advise me on what bungies you bought, from where and how long? So If my rear panel is slightly smaller than yours, will the same size as yours work for me? I have the Shadeidea top and that came with the correct size so I didn't have to think about it. I would only put them on every other grommet or so. Also, to get yours tight, have you thought to use black zipties? pull it evenly tight between the two rear side poles?
Good idea on the zip ties... I got the Smart Straps bungee balls from Lowe’s. It’s a pack of 8 and they are adjustable.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!