P1000 Mesh or plastic rear window?

showme69

showme69

Dec 25, 2020
Washington, MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Any updates yet? Anyone actually receive their mesh panel? I am hoping to order if it works well.
We picked up the new P1KD yesterday and I’ve gotten the windshield, mirrors and the back screen installed. Only been on pavement and some trails in the woods so no report on keeping the dust down but when I was installing it the sun was hitting the back of the SXS and it made me think how it will also be nice for backseat riders on a hot sunny day to keep the heat down a little with the shade. Next month I’ll be on a lot of gravel roads and can see how it does with the dust. I’ve included a photo of the final product installed and the size I ordered. It turned out slightly larger than ordered. And I picked up some canopy tie bungee cords from Walmart that are about 7” long. But can’t beat the 10/$3.88 price. With grommets on three sides, there’s a total of 18.

83A36654 DCC0 4688 A6FA 029D6138B8AF F0BF8A37 1AD1 493C 8B29 68E35710E667

Reactions: Lady01 and Wellzy
showme69

showme69

Dec 25, 2020
Washington, MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Where did you order this from?
I bought bungees at Walmart. They were about 6-7” long.

1E9D6C6F F34E 43AE 82D1 CBD78CDF0578

Reactions: Lady01
PJon

PJon

Lifetime Member
Dec 9, 2020
Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
What mesh are ya'll using or talking about using?
I purchased a mesh rear panel (MotoRoof) to go with an 801 UTV glass windshield. I never have anyone in the back, so I installed it in the mid position. The dust is dramatically reduced in the cab. I don’t have to stop and clean the windshield as the glass doesn’t attract dust. It’s also easy to blow the dust off the instrument panel. Doesn’t collect any where near as much.

Reactions: Lady01 and showme69
grabbe123

grabbe123

Sep 3, 2020
Paris, IL
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Just ordered mine... went with 4'6 x 2'2. Thanks to everyone who posted on this topic! Obviously I'll post a picture once it comes in.

Reactions: Lady01 and showme69
grabbe123

grabbe123

Sep 3, 2020
Paris, IL
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Mine says it will be in on May 5th (ordered April 5th... takes about a month then.

Wellzy

Wellzy

Dec 9, 2020
SW Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I just logged in to the seller's website and found my order was on hold. They had a question about my comments that I did not want grommets along the bottom. They needed my clerification so I guess that's my reason for not receiving it yet. This is the pic I just sent so they know how I want it based on the example picture.

1613988488353309555 LI

Wellzy

Wellzy

Dec 9, 2020
SW Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well my rear screen came in but I was not prepared and I haven't purchased the bungee balls to hold her on. I have them ordered and will post a pic ASAP this next Tuesday when the bungees come in. More to come...

Reactions: Lady01 and TripleB
Wellzy

Wellzy

Dec 9, 2020
SW Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
These are the bungees I ordered, I held up the screen and did not see a 4 inch bungee being long enough to get around the roll bar and get to the grommet 2 or so inches away. I guessed at the six inch, 25 for a cheap price so I have extras if they break.

Bungee

Reactions: Lady01 and toddvdh
Wellzy

Wellzy

Dec 9, 2020
SW Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Likes and dislikes?

Likes - This is quality and made very well. The grommets are stronger than they need to be, very hefty. I can see through it just fine. Price too, as it is nice to buy something to try and not have it be $150. And I guarantee the backseat passengers like the sun shade it will give them.

Dislikes - I hadn't considered the bungees at the top have nothing to fight against so they pull the screen right up tight against the roll bar. This made the gap at the bottom bigger than I expected. I may loosen the top by removing the 6 inch and getting a few longer ones, or putting a carbiner in the grommet to create a space, then bungee the beener to the bar. This may also bring in back current dust storm which is what I was trying to avoid. And it would have been nice to get grey, to match my roof screen, but black matches everything.

I went for a quick run around town to get gas and I can say I did notice the rear intake of wind to be reduced. Is this going to affect the amount of dust it brings in? Time will tell after a few rides but it's too cold here now to go far.

Thank you to jsodep5338 for the recommendation!!👍

Last edited:
William

William

If you ain’t first, you’re last...
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Flowood MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Likes and dislikes?

Likes - This is quality and made very well. The grommets are stronger than they need to be, very hefty. I can see through it just fine. Price too, as it is nice to buy something to try and not have it be $150.

Dislikes - I hadn't considered the bungees at the top have nothing to fight against so they pull the screen right up tight against the roll bar. This made the gap at the bottom bigger than I expected. I may loosen the top by removing the 6 inch and getting a few longer ones, or putting a carbiner in the grommet to create a space, then bungee the beener to the bar. This may also bring in back current dust storm which is what I was trying to avoid.

I went for a quick run around town to get gas and I can say I did notice the rear intake of wind to be reduced. Is this going to affect the amount of dust it brings in? Time will tell after a few rides but it's too cold here now to go far.

Put that bottom bungee around the net mount bracket thing to keep the screen lower.

William

William

If you ain’t first, you’re last...
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Flowood MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I swear I think the sizes are not true... mine is not exactly the length I ordered...

• Haha
Reactions: Lady01 and toddvdh
PJon

PJon

Lifetime Member
Dec 9, 2020
Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Likes and dislikes?

Likes - This is quality and made very well. The grommets are stronger than they need to be, very hefty. I can see through it just fine. Price too, as it is nice to buy something to try and not have it be $150. And I guarantee the backseat passengers like the sun shade it will give them.

Dislikes - I hadn't considered the bungees at the top have nothing to fight against so they pull the screen right up tight against the roll bar. This made the gap at the bottom bigger than I expected. I may loosen the top by removing the 6 inch and getting a few longer ones, or putting a carbiner in the grommet to create a space, then bungee the beener to the bar. This may also bring in back current dust storm which is what I was trying to avoid. And it would have been nice to get grey, to match my roof screen, but black matches everything.

I purchased and installed a rear screen from MotoRoof and installed it in the mid position. Probably paid more, but it’s doing the job. It was in conjunction with the UTV 801 windshield installed at the same time and I feel that the amount of dust has been reduced by 80%. No need for goggles or face mask. Unfortunately, it’s warming up in Arizona. Had to run into Tucson today and the temp reading in the vehicle said 100 degrees going down the interstate. Another sxs ride Friday a little farther north and I’ll get to see if the windshield vents make the ride bearable. Good luck with your setup.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!