P1000m5 Metallic Silver Painted?

K

Kyle

Jun 11, 2015
Does anyone know if the plastics are painted on the Metallic Silver, I cant find any info on it and this really is the decision maker on whether or not I wait for one to come in or buy a red or white one.

Thanks guys,

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
@Kyle,
No, there not.
What made you think that? Anyways, there no different then the red being red other then its Metallic Silver.
Now the camo on the other hand is a sand color with a camo overlay. Kinda like a high level hydro-dip.

K

Kyle

Jun 11, 2015
Just thought they might have been because the metallic I didn't know they could get that look with plastic figured it must have been painted. Shows how much I know....

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
This video shows it very good. Watch it in HD!
You can see its more of a dark metal gray.

dale5740

dale5740

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 4, 2016
mt airy md
I think that is a good question wanted to know that myself not sure how they could do metallic with just plastic. wish they did do paint like polaris much nicer. I had the 700 xp silver and that paint was the toughest painted plastic I have ever seen!!!!! actually amazing!!!! Honda should have done that also

Reactions: Remington
Deer-hunter

Deer-hunter

Feb 19, 2016
Effie,Louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I was curious about the same thing if it was painted or not. I'd rather it not be painted.

dale5740

dale5740

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 4, 2016
mt airy md
I hate painted plastic also but give credit where credit is do polaris is bad ass when it comes to painted plastic. It can't be painted more like powder coated plastic u can bend and twist it and have it hold up like my ranger did that stuff was bullet proof and never faded one bit in 9 years. amazing really

Last edited:
S

Serial_Fordicator

Oct 14, 2015
I had a can am outlander with painted silver metallic plastics. Believe it or not, the paint held up great.

Vaden01

Vaden01

Jul 4, 2018
Callahan, FL.
Ownership

1. 500
When using proper wash solvents and adhesion promoters it is very possible to get an automotive quality paint job on plastics.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
On The 2019 line up video, the guy introduces some of the colors as PAINT. But other colors as just there color name. The metallic silver is introduced as PAINT. Maybe he just said it not knowing what he said Or those colors are? Just thinkin.

advertisement
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
On The 2019 line up video, the guy introduces some of the colors as PAINT. But other colors as just there color name. The metallic silver is introduced as PAINT. Maybe he just said it not knowing what he said Or those colors are? Just thinkin.

For the 1000 lineup , the 2016YM Nemesis Silver is NOT paint, I waited and picked up a remaining 2016YM in 2017 because it was Silver and I didn't want to add that to the list of swaps before I started riding, as well as it came with the Black wheels and it was a GOOD bit cheaper being Honda discounted the 2016YM units to get them out of the warehouses.

As of 2018YM the LE is the only painted plastic on a 1000 Pioneer.

For 2019YM on the 1000, [Edit: From this video]It looks like there is still just the matte silver on the LE being painted [for the 1000 lineup.]

Last edited:
Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
For the 1000 lineup , the 2016YM Nemesis Silver is NOT paint, I waited and picked up a remaining 2016YM in 2017 because it was Silver and I didn't want to add that to the list of swaps before I started riding, as well as it came with the Black wheels and it was a GOOD bit cheaper being Honda discounted the 2016YM units to get them out of the warehouses.

As of 2018YM the LE is the only painted plastic on a 1000 Pioneer.

For 2019YM on the 1000, It looks like there is still just the matte silver on the LE being painted.
Myself, I really don’t care if it’s painted or not cuz I’m not buying a new one lol. I just stumbled on this thread and remembered hearing the dude from the video say the word paint With some colors and just wondered if he misspoke? True or WTH? If u listen to all models you’ll see a pattern in his discription to some of the colors. I was just thinking that’s might have ben when the first guy on the thread thought and it mislead him that’s all. I do Remember the 2018 LE matte being painted.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I am ROUGH on plastics scratching them, its an off-road machine not a show pony....I use mine as much around the house doing work as I do in the woods, I won't upgrade to a sport until I have the space and cash for both.

I PlastiDipped my 700 front plastics and I had to put 6 cans (2) on each fender and (2) on the hood to make it thick enough to stay.

I keep mine in a semi-conditioned garage/shop and it was fine, I plastidipped my chevy wheels because at 10k miles they started to corrode(I'm in the south no salt) and after a year or so outside it was brittle and peeling off.

I worry about paint on plastic in a pure offload environment and with people who store their machines outside. Oxidation from sun and rain seems like it would kill the paint I am used to seeing on this kind of machine. The painted LE plastics are pricy but the colored plastics are not bad at all, which is another reason I wouldn't like them.

Seeing the Nov, redline schedule, that makes me wonder IF they announce a new SxS will it be all shiny and painted like the popo?

Fro

Fro

Lifetime Member
Jan 28, 2016
Ardmore
Painted plastics may be OK for the dunes, but they would be all scratched up quickly on the trails.

Reactions: ohanacreek

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!