Michigan ORV Trails

C

ctb1950

Sep 11, 2022
Florida
Ownership

1. 700-2
Good evening, I see that many members are from Michigan and perhaps you can answer a question for me. I have a deposit pending on a 2023 700–2 Dlx. The dealership called yesterday & has a new 2022 520 (Brown) that I can pick up immediately. I know it’s a matter of personal choice, size, usage, etc. The 520 would meet my needs for hunting and general riding, but the 700 is more comfortable. We live in Florida, I hunt two leases totaling 8k+ acres w/ATV trails, in Maryland, and my son has a cabin outside of Grayling Michigan. Honda markets the 520 as being able to use 50 inch trails. Is that a factor in Michigan I do intend to take it to Grayling and leave it there most of the summer next year but if My usage there is severely limited by the 50 inch width limit I’m thinking of buying the 520 instead. Either machine will meet my needs, the 700 with power steering would be easier for my wife! I’m unfamiliar with the 50” limit, I’ve never encountered that anywhere, perhaps since I’ve always had ATVs, this will be my first SxS! Thanks for any assistance! Tom

P1K5Dave

P1K5Dave

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 11, 2020
Petoskey, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Here's a snapshot of all "ATV" trails for most of the LP. ATV is 50". It's a tiny percentage of places you can go.
Screenshot 20220911 214931 Opera

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Good evening, I see that many members are from Michigan and perhaps you can answer a question for me. I have a deposit pending on a 2023 700–2 Dlx. The dealership called yesterday & has a new 2022 520 (Brown) that I can pick up immediately. I know it’s a matter of personal choice, size, usage, etc. The 520 would meet my needs for hunting and general riding, but the 700 is more comfortable. We live in Florida, I hunt two leases totaling 8k+ acres w/ATV trails, in Maryland, and my son has a cabin outside of Grayling Michigan. Honda markets the 520 as being able to use 50 inch trails. Is that a factor in Michigan I do intend to take it to Grayling and leave it there most of the summer next year but if My usage there is severely limited by the 50 inch width limit I’m thinking of buying the 520 instead. Either machine will meet my needs, the 700 with power steering would be easier for my wife! I’m unfamiliar with the 50” limit, I’ve never encountered that anywhere, perhaps since I’ve always had ATVs, this will be my first SxS! Thanks for any assistance! Tom
Welcome from south Florida

I can't be of help with your questions but I would highly recommend taking a test drive in either of the machines so can get a real feel for them. Good luck and post some pics of whatever buggy you end up with 👍

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Thank you! I did see a link on here somewhere for some company V.V. something that sells ORV and Snowmobile trail maps for Michigan.
Yes vv mapping is what you want for our trails. You are limited to 50” trails but there more of a motocross atv like trail. Logging roads and snowmobile trails are what most people drive To get to point A & B.
power steering is your friend And you will want it know matter what u get. Heres a vidgea of my old P5 on our 50” trails in my area near Gaylord Just north of Grayling To give u an idea if what its like on most 50’s

Reactions: ChadD and Smittyp
C

ctb1950

Sep 11, 2022
Florida
Ownership

1. 700-2
Yes vv mapping is what you want for our trails. You are limited to 50” trails but there more of a motocross atv like trail. Logging roads and snowmobile trails are what most people drive To get to point A & B.
power steering is your friend And you will want it know matter what u get. Heres a vidgea of my old P5 on our 50” trails in my area near Gaylord Just north of Grayling To give u an idea if what its like on most 50’s
Thats great... almost makes me want to go with the 520 instead! Thanks so much!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!