P1000 Mid panel and windshield question P1k5

J

Jakey

May 30, 2016
San Francisco Bay Area
Ownership

1. 1000-5
i just returned from an elk hunt on a very large ranch. I used my rig to get across the property and access remote spots. Drove over 200 miles. It was 20’s in the mornings, 60’s mid day. I have a honda half windshield.
I want a full windshield to keep the cold morning air and mid day yellowjackets out of my face, but the dust with the half was already too much. Speeds are always under 30, usually 15-20. I know I need a mid panel to go with the full windshield, my question is, will the fabric one suffice, or is the hard panel much better at sealing? I want the glass windshield, I dont care to look through plastic. I’d like to keep my full length top if possible. I have the seat fan installed, as well as the heat shield and honda retrofit heat kit, so I don't think I need to worrk about heat during the day too much.
On a side note, I took this rig into places that are difficult to walk in order to recover elk, and it was amazing. Never even challenged its abilities. Perfect hunting rig in my opinion.

sugarray

sugarray

Is this a game show?
Lifetime Member
Feb 17, 2016
WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have the Honda glass windshield and it is great. I am running the EMP longer hand crank windshield wiper with a 22" blade and it covers well. I run the fabric mid panel and it is plenty to keep the dust down and the heat in. I do not have any sort of improved or new door.

I'd look at CEC enclosures on FB. His fabric panels are great and would work well if you wanted more.

J

Jakey

May 30, 2016
San Francisco Bay Area
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Can anybody elaborate on the benefits of the hard mid panel vs the soft when paired with a full glass windshield?

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Can anybody elaborate on the benefits of the hard mid panel vs the soft when paired with a full glass windshield?
Are you planning on installing upper soft doors? Full size hard doors?
If soft uppers, I would go with the soft mid panel, if going full hard doors ($2500+) I would go with the hard mid panel.

Reactions: 0860silverado
N

Ned

May 12, 2015
West Kentucky
Ownership

1. 1000-5
i just returned from an elk hunt on a very large ranch. I used my rig to get across the property and access remote spots. Drove over 200 miles. It was 20’s in the mornings, 60’s mid day. I have a honda half windshield.
I want a full windshield to keep the cold morning air and mid day yellowjackets out of my face, but the dust with the half was already too much. Speeds are always under 30, usually 15-20. I know I need a mid panel to go with the full windshield, my question is, will the fabric one suffice, or is the hard panel much better at sealing? I want the glass windshield, I dont care to look through plastic. I’d like to keep my full length top if possible. I have the seat fan installed, as well as the heat shield and honda retrofit heat kit, so I don't think I need to worrk about heat during the day too much.
On a side note, I took this rig into places that are difficult to walk in order to recover elk, and it was amazing. Never even challenged its abilities. Perfect hunting rig in my opinion.

I run both the glass windshield and the hard mid panel and I don't have any dust issues to complain about. I am very happy with both. The only minor negatives would be 1)you will lose the open four wheeler feel as a traded off to a cab feel . And 2) If you run in hot weather, not much air blows through and the cab stays hotter (in cold weather it is much better.) They work really well in keeping out the dust.

J

Jakey

May 30, 2016
San Francisco Bay Area
Ownership

1. 1000-5

I run both the glass windshield and the hard mid panel and I don't have any dust issues to complain about. I am very happy with both. The only minor negatives would be 1)you will lose the open four wheeler feel as a traded off to a cab feel . And 2) If you run in hot weather, not much air blows through and the cab stays hotter (in cold weather it is much better.) They work really well in keeping out the dust.
Great info, thx Ned! I have no desire for upper doors at all. At that point I will get an old Samurai or Jeep. I am just trying to determine if the hard panel is significantly better than the soft at sealing the front seat from the dust vortex.

rubicon05

rubicon05

Dec 24, 2015
Southern, IN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The soft mid panel attaches to the roll bar so there is about a 2” go between roll bar and roof. The hard panel goes all the way to the top and fits fairly snug with the gasket that is included.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!