P1000 Might have a problem

A

aquatic1998

Dec 23, 2015
If you guys are sure this is water related I would put my money on water intrusion at a connector, module, wire or some other component. This is not a fun thing to fine.. hopefully its a loose pin in a connector. Good luck guys!
Ya I took every pin and connector apart a dielectric greased when i first bought it. Had no problems for a couple months. I just took everything apart again and blew it out with air and regreased. Hoping that fixes it. On a lighter note a did check to see if my clutch was shifting at the same rpm every gear and it does so looks like no clutch issues yet. And I am running a 3in catvos lift with 31in outlaws.

Reactions: itsleo
A

aquatic1998

Dec 23, 2015
Just because it running doesn't mean you don't have a voltage problem. You could have a bad pin connection at any connector a bad wire (etc.) that is critical to charging, running, driving that would cause voltage drop while the vehicle is running.

Don't mean to but in on you tho.. sorry aquatic1998
No worries man , I was thinking more the battery dropping to low because of the winch. (If the charging system is working right) he shouldnt have to low of a voltage drop. I have a volt gauge to monitor my volts and that definitely wasnt the problem I was having .

Reactions: itsleo
rinconmark

rinconmark

Feb 29, 2016
Sudbury , Ontario , Canada
No worries man , I was thinking more the battery dropping to low because of the winch. (If the charging system is working right) he shouldnt have to low of a voltage drop. I have a volt gauge to monitor my volts and that definitely wasnt the problem I was having .
Thanks everyone , I had done all electrical connections when i bought it also . For sure mine has nothing to do with water as i was on dry land . I put a second battery in series to give a boost in amperage . I will go get it stuck good and winch it out and see if it will do that again .

Reactions: Smitty335
A

aquatic1998

Dec 23, 2015
Thanks everyone , I had done all electrical connections when i bought it also . For sure mine has nothing to do with water as i was on dry land . I put a second battery in series to give a boost in amperage . I will go get it stuck good and winch it out and see if it will do that again .
Let us know what happens. I have a spare battery setup as well. Mine acted up just randomly. Once I get it home it doesn't do it anymore.

Reactions: dale5740
Buckrocker

Buckrocker

Jan 5, 2016
Rock, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well definitely have a problem, called the dealer and they suggested the grounds were dirty or loose , so I took them apart ,cleaned and greased and tightened back up. Still doing the same thing . It doesn't do it all the time but when it does the bike will not move at all. It seems electrical to me but not sure what it could be . When it does it the oil light comes on and the bike stops moving and revs up. I can turn the bike off and start it again and it will go for alittle bit and do the same thing. Taking it up to the dealer tomorrow.
Did you get an answer from the dealer?

A

aquatic1998

Dec 23, 2015
Did you get an answer from the dealer?
Ended up not taking it on, washed it up and got ready to take it and it wouldn't do it again . Pointless to take it in if they can't see what it was doing. I did call them and tell them what what was going on ,they suggested it might be a ground issue. I took all my grounds off cleaned and greased and eventually it did it again. I brought it home and took all my connections apart cleaned and regreased to see if that was the problem. I'll keep you guys posted if that worked

Buckrocker

Buckrocker

Jan 5, 2016
Rock, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ended up not taking it on, washed it up and got ready to take it and it wouldn't do it again . Pointless to take it in if they can't see what it was doing. I did call them and tell them what what was going on ,they suggested it might be a ground issue. I took all my grounds off cleaned and greased and eventually it did it again. I brought it home and took all my connections apart cleaned and regreased to see if that was the problem. I'll keep you guys posted if that worked
I found it interesting about the exposure to water and issues you had. I might expose mine to some water and see what happens. I had the same problem but cleared up after the ground issue was "fixed" at the dealership. I have put another 100 miles on it but haven't exposed it to water.

rinconmark

rinconmark

Feb 29, 2016
Sudbury , Ontario , Canada
Well got stuck really bad in 3 feet of snow on a angle and I had to winch for 10 minutes . Oil light never came on and the transmission did not disengage once while winching . Leaves me think that my second battery wired in parallel may have solved issue .

Will keep a Eye on it to see if ever happens again . But man was that a good test yesterday .

Mark

Reactions: JACKAL
A

aquatic1998

Dec 23, 2015
Well got stuck really bad in 3 feet of snow on a angle and I had to winch for 10 minutes . Oil light never came on and the transmission did not disengage once while winching . Leaves me think that my second battery wired in parallel may have solved issue .

Will keep a Eye on it to see if ever happens again . But man was that a good test yesterday .

Mark
Good to hear. Hopefully that takes care of it.

J

jdspeed99z

Jun 26, 2014
Be careful with the dielectric grease, it can "leak" voltage across pins if you slather up the actual pins and not just the gaskets. Some electronics are very sensitive and dielectric grease can transmit a couple of volts causing erratic and intermittent problems.

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Sorry haven't really kept up with this thread due to not much free time lately. The piggyback controller I have on my turbo Neon required 3 separate grounds. I called just out of curiosity to find out why. In short (and because I dont really understand some of the technical stuff), there's a chance different electronic components can "cross talk" with each other. Those are the techs words not mine. I'm guessing fuel injection systems probably have the same problem. Which doesn't make sense to me due to all the grounds eventually ending up at the ground post on the battery (via the frame). Thought I'd share that info. I just had an electrical problem but won't bog down this thread with it. And it was user fault (user being me lol). I'm gonna start a thread so others can learn from my screw up lol.

PioneerPete

PioneerPete

Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2016
Chattanooga, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I started to ask why cause it was a somewhat small problem but I see where you're going with that......you saying I have alot of screwups??? Lmao. Id have to agree with you there buddy.
dang, you figured me out... come on buddy, you gotta keep up... (=

Reactions: CumminsPusher
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I see a lot of posts about a second battery, why not just up grade to a larger battery (1) and be done with it?

PioneerPete

PioneerPete

Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2016
Chattanooga, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I see a lot of posts about a second battery, why not just up grade to a larger battery (1) and be done with it?
one benefit of the second battery is that you can completely drain a battery (listening to a radio all night or leave a light on) and still have a full battery to get your cranked back up and on your way...

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
one benefit of the second battery is that you can completely drain a battery (listening to a radio all night or leave a light on) and still have a full battery to get your cranked back up and on your way...
I have a boom box and i pod full, all of Blue Grass 2,000 + songs

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!