P1000 Might have a problem

A

aquatic1998

Dec 23, 2015
Well I went out riding saturday night as I usual do and my oil light comes on and the motor revs up like it popped out of gear. I immediately turn the bike off and checked all my fluids , everything thing was fine and at the right level. Went crusing down the trail was fine for about 10 minutes and did it again. Stopped and checked everything again still good. I do ride in deep water so I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it or not. I ride the same trails every weekend and never had a issue before . Anyone else have something like this happen ? I'm going to drive it around the neighbor hood tomorrow to see if its still doing it. Its defintely has me alittle nervous

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Could be water ingress somewhere. I would check all electrical plugs and make sure they are tight.

Let us know if you find it.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
A

aquatic1998

Dec 23, 2015
Could be water ingress somewhere. I would check all electrical plugs and make sure they are tight.

Let us know if you find it.
I pulled every connection apart when i first bought it and dielertic greased everything. I guess its possible tho.

Buckrocker

Buckrocker

Jan 5, 2016
Rock, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Check the ground wires under and behind the drivers seat. There are two of them. The wire can be seen if you look where the safety belt comes up through the seat. I had similar issues including the transmission slipping, oil light and EPS light. They tightened and all problems seemed to be cured. Hope this is it.

Reactions: dale5740
A

aquatic1998

Dec 23, 2015
did they fix your axle under warranty?
Check the ground wires under and behind the drivers seat. There are two of them. The wire can be seen if you look where the safety belt comes up through the seat. I had similar issues including the transmission slipping, oil light and EPS light. They tightened and all problems seemed to be cured. Hope this is it.
Thanks for the response, mine were actually loose to, I found that out the first day I owned it. Already tightened up with alittle grease around them. I did take it out today for about 15 minutes and couldn't get it to do it again. Hopefully it was a fluke thing . And yes they did end up warranting the axle , (because the boot wasn't ripped). Also told me they will proble not warranty another one due to lift and tires.

Reactions: PioneerPete
Bayouownbeer

Bayouownbeer

Lifetime Member
Jun 3, 2014
Chauvin LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Where you slipping in all gears or just 1,3,5 and reverse like the burnt clutches post?

A

aquatic1998

Dec 23, 2015
Well definitely have a problem, called the dealer and they suggested the grounds were dirty or loose , so I took them apart ,cleaned and greased and tightened back up. Still doing the same thing . It doesn't do it all the time but when it does the bike will not move at all. It seems electrical to me but not sure what it could be . When it does it the oil light comes on and the bike stops moving and revs up. I can turn the bike off and start it again and it will go for alittle bit and do the same thing. Taking it up to the dealer tomorrow.

itsleo

itsleo

Apr 25, 2015
Palm Bay, Florida
Well definitely have a problem, called the dealer and they suggested the grounds were dirty or loose , so I took them apart ,cleaned and greased and tightened back up. Still doing the same thing . It doesn't do it all the time but when it does the bike will not move at all. It seems electrical to me but not sure what it could be . When it does it the oil light comes on and the bike stops moving and revs up. I can turn the bike off and start it again and it will go for alittle bit and do the same thing. Taking it up to the dealer tomorrow.

that sucks!! let us know what the fix is.

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I like fuel injected vehicles but they are very ground critical.

rinconmark

rinconmark

Feb 29, 2016
Sudbury , Ontario , Canada
Well I went out riding saturday night as I usual do and my oil light comes on and the motor revs up like it popped out of gear. I immediately turn the bike off and checked all my fluids , everything thing was fine and at the right level. Went crusing down the trail was fine for about 10 minutes and did it again. Stopped and checked everything again still good. I do ride in deep water so I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it or not. I ride the same trails every weekend and never had a issue before . Anyone else have something like this happen ? I'm going to drive it around the neighbor hood tomorrow to see if its still doing it. Its defintely has me alittle nervous
I have had the exact thing happen to me when really stuck and winching my self out , the oil light comes on and while spinning in first the clutch disengages ? Wondering if I was drawing to much power from battery system and getting a low voltage condition but now I wonder if I should check the grounds others are talking about .

Any info on this matter would be very helpful .

A

aquatic1998

Dec 23, 2015
I have had the exact thing happen to me when really stuck and winching my self out , the oil light comes on and while spinning in first the clutch disengages ? Wondering if I was drawing to much power from battery system and getting a low voltage condition but now I wonder if I should check the grounds others are talking about .

Any info on this matter would be very helpful .
If the bike was running shouldn't be a voltage problem. Definitely check the grounds there's 3 total. Two on motor one on frame I think mine electrical but not sure.

Stauvo

Stauvo

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 25, 2015
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Why 3 grounds? I'm not an electrician but did have one explain to me it was best to have all grounds lead to one single rod in the ground. I realize it was my house in reference but is there similarities or is it because of rubber isolation mounts on engine side?

Reactions: CumminsPusher
M

Montips

Feb 29, 2016
Garrisonville, Virginia
I work at a Dealership and have seen this problem. turns out in my case to have been the large ground strap going to the engine was loose. Good Luck.

M

Montips

Feb 29, 2016
Garrisonville, Virginia
I work at a Dealership and have seen this problem. turns out in my case to have been the large ground strap going to the engine was loose. Good Luck.

A

aquatic1998

Dec 23, 2015
Don't really know why theres three. Two go to the motor and the other is on the frame , pretty sure that's the main ground . Both motor grounds are on the drivers side one below the starter and the other kind of on front of it under the drivers seat . The frame ground motor is on the frame behind where your ecu is mounted. Mine were,all tight and cleaned and still having a issue. That being said I ride in Alot of water areas and it seems to only happen when riding in the water for awhile. The next morning I wash the bike and take it ,around the neighbor hood the problem goes away. Pretty sure my problem is a water/ connection problem. Not clutch related.

Bayouownbeer

Bayouownbeer

Lifetime Member
Jun 3, 2014
Chauvin LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Don't really know why theres three. Two go to the motor and the other is on the frame , pretty sure that's the main ground . Both motor grounds are on the drivers side one below the starter and the other kind of on front of it under the drivers seat . The frame ground motor is on the frame behind where your ecu is mounted. Mine were,all tight and cleaned and still having a issue. That being said I ride in Alot of water areas and it seems to only happen when riding in the water for awhile. The next morning I wash the bike and take it ,around the neighbor hood the problem goes away. Pretty sure my problem is a water/ connection problem. Not clutch related.
Yeah I seem think same thing. Mine started after going in water just above foor board. After drying out a few days has slipped since.

itsleo

itsleo

Apr 25, 2015
Palm Bay, Florida
If the bike was running shouldn't be a voltage problem. Definitely check the grounds there's 3 total. Two on motor one on frame I think mine electrical but not sure.

Just because it running doesn't mean you don't have a voltage problem. You could have a bad pin connection at any connector a bad wire (etc.) that is critical to charging, running, driving that would cause voltage drop while the vehicle is running.

Don't mean to but in on you tho.. sorry aquatic1998

itsleo

itsleo

Apr 25, 2015
Palm Bay, Florida
If you guys are sure this is water related I would put my money on water intrusion at a connector, module, wire or some other component. This is not a fun thing to fine.. hopefully its a loose pin in a connector. Good luck guys!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!