P1000 Miles per tank estimate please

ofrcboy

ofrcboy

Lifetime Member
Nov 27, 2015
Oregon
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The 1000 says 7.9 gallon tank including reserve. Seems small for a 1700+ pound machine. Any ideas how many miles we can expect out of a tank of fuel on a normal trail ride.

P

PKent

Oct 14, 2015
As I take my red 1000-5 in for the 100 mile service it has about 1/3 of a tank. I started out with a full tank, so my guess is that it will be about 160 miles per tank.

AppleCreek

AppleCreek

Lifetime Member
Oct 28, 2015
Illinois
Ownership

1. 700-2

2. 1000-5
I think I'm getting 10-12 miles per gallon depending on what I'm doing. So I'm getting around 70 miles before the blinky light comes on that indicates you have 1.9 gallons left. By the time I hit 100 miles I would be out of gas on a tank. Interested to see what others are getting.

ofrcboy

ofrcboy

Lifetime Member
Nov 27, 2015
Oregon
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks Pkent and AppleCreek. I am hoping for at least 100 as I do not ride hard. Thank You both for your quick responces.

MaleRN28US

MaleRN28US

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Dec 1, 2015
Roanoke, Indiana
Thanks Pkent and AppleCreek. I am hoping for at least 100 as I do not ride hard. Thank You both for your quick responces.
Is that a "normal" range? I do mean across the whole SxS market. I do notice that some manufacturers put 10+ gallon tanks on theirs. Are there any aftermarket extended range tanks available? I only ask because I have had to "push" my share of motorcycles from the middle of nowhere to a gas station because I thought I could make it to the next town. Don't want to try that now at my age and with that heavy beast.

Hometeam

Hometeam

Lifetime Member
Nov 26, 2015
Normal, IL
I haven't run mine down to the end of tank yet, but I live about 20 miles or so from my parents house and decided to drive there on thanksgiving day. By the time I got there and took all the kids on rides I figured I would fill up just to be sure before I headed back. So with mostly road riding and going between 45-60mph I only put 2.2ish gallons in and the odometer said I had gone 45 miles. I am very happy with that if is really what it's gonna do on the road. I will run some more test soon and get back....

Reactions: ofrcboy
ofrcboy

ofrcboy

Lifetime Member
Nov 27, 2015
Oregon
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Is that a "normal" range? I do mean across the whole SxS market. I do notice that some manufacturers put 10+ gallon tanks on theirs. Are there any aftermarket extended range tanks available? I only ask because I have had to "push" my share of motorcycles from the middle of nowhere to a gas station because I thought I could make it to the next town. Don't want to try that now at my age and with that heavy beast.

I ride with all kinds of machines and if we go further than 100 miles on a ride we bring extra fuel. On one ride this year we forgot, the 2009 Kawasaki and 2008 RZR ran out just over 120 miles. My 2015 RZR made it 140 miles with fuel to spare so to answer your question in my experience to answer your question I would say yes in mose cases. My older Rubican quads were the worst going only 60 to 70 miles per tank.

DTAGG

DTAGG

Sep 11, 2015
ST GEORGE UTAH/ACCORD LAKES SEVIER COUNTY UTAH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I ride with all kinds of machines and if we go further than 100 miles on a ride we bring extra fuel. On one ride this year we forgot, the 2009 Kawasaki and 2008 RZR ran out just over 120 miles. My 2015 RZR made it 140 miles with fuel to spare so to answer your question in my experience to answer your question I would say yes in mose cases. My older Rubican quads were the worst going only 60 to 70 miles per tank.
I have been averaging 20-22 mpg. I have not used my lucas additives yet but will in the summer when i get most of my riding in.The first few tanks were not as good. I considered the break in period. She's starting to wake up and get better.
My Polaris Ranger XP 900 was like this for the first couple of tanks and finally was getting 25 mpg out of it and it had a 10 gallon tank. "Ride Red"

Reactions: ofrcboy
MaleRN28US

MaleRN28US

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Dec 1, 2015
Roanoke, Indiana
Really good info to know. Thank you.

MaleRN28US

MaleRN28US

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Dec 1, 2015
Roanoke, Indiana
I have been averaging 20-22 mpg. I have not used my lucas additives yet but will in the summer when i get most of my riding in.The first few tanks were not as good. I considered the break in period. She's starting to wake up and get better.
My Polaris Ranger XP 900 was like this for the first couple of tanks and finally was getting 25 mpg out of it and it had a 10 gallon tank. "Ride Red"
This is actually closer to what I was hoping for. I do understand the heavier your foot is, the worse the mileage will be. Its just pretty flat here in N. Indiana and I don't forsee any 100+ mile days for me.

advertisement
AppleCreek

AppleCreek

Lifetime Member
Oct 28, 2015
Illinois
Ownership

1. 700-2

2. 1000-5
Hopefully mine will get better! I've ran 3 tanks through it and I have 200 miles on it. It would probably help if I kept my foot out of it, but where's the fun in that?

MaleRN28US

MaleRN28US

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Dec 1, 2015
Roanoke, Indiana
Hopefully mine will get better! I've ran 3 tanks through it and I have 200 miles on it. It would probably help if I kept my foot out of it, but where's the fun in that?
I can only relate because of my Mustang. Cruising on highway, I can get 27-28mpg. With my foot in it, 15-16mpg. I know that bliss!

Reactions: AppleCreek

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!