B

buckett10

Nov 1, 2022
Dallas
Ownership

1. Looking to buy

2. 700-4

3. 1000-5
Have a local dealer selling a low mile 2016 1000-5 deluxe. I’m trying to become a Pioneer man and found one for $16k with around 1k miles. Anything new on the 19-21s that would be worth the extra $5k? Rig looks super clean.
New poster but have been lurking to try and learn and understand.
Appreciate any advice.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Have a local dealer selling a low mile 2016 1000-5 deluxe. I’m trying to become a Pioneer man and found one for $16k with around 1k miles. Anything new on the 19-21s that would be worth the extra $5k? Rig looks super clean.
Appreciate any advice.
Does it have all the improvements, clutch cover is the most important.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Appreciate any advice.
For a 2016 model year at $16K I would say a hard pass. You should be able to find a 2018+ model with similar miles for around that price. The days of too high on used machines is closing, a little patience and the market should resume normalcy for the buyers.

2018 and newer have many improvements from the factory learned from the first two model years. the 2022 my has considerably more changes if not out of your price range.

For example, 2018 1000-5 Deluxe models could be bought for $13,800 brand new during 2019 in TN & MS. The added accessories should not change the value much unless it is EXACTLY what you would have put on, that and you never know the quality of the install done especially important in the electrical system and the voltage sensitivity of the DCT & EPS systems on these machines. I wouldn't pay more for a used machine than it could be bought for new in that model year. Especially a toy.

B

buckett10

Nov 1, 2022
Dallas
Ownership

1. Looking to buy

2. 700-4

3. 1000-5
For a 2016 model year at $16K I would say a hard pass. You should be able to find a 2018+ model with similar miles for around that price. The days of too high on used machines is closing, a little patience and the market should resume normalcy for the buyers.

2018 and new have many improvements from the factory learned from the first two model years.

For example, 2018 1000-5 Deluxe models could be bought for $13,800 brand new during 2019 in TN & MS. The added accessories should not change the value much unless it is EXACTLY what you would have put on, that and you never know the quality of the install done especially important in the electrical system and the voltage sensitivity of the DCT & EPS systems on these machines. I wouldn't pay more for a used machine than it could be bought for new in that model year. Especially a toy.
Very very helpful. Thank you very much. Being patient sucks. Hahaha. Just no inventory down here in Texas. But just gotta keep watching.
Thanks for the help.

TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5

2018 and newer have many improvements from the factory learned from the first two model years. the 2022 my has considerably more changes if not out of your price range.

X2. Also If buying new or near new prices, make sure you get the 2022.

Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Appreciate any advice.
I’d buy a new one, I paid $15,300 for mine. It’s a 2019 purchased in November of 19.

C

Chucker06

Oct 23, 2022
Florida
Ownership

1. Looking to buy
I guess I will be the odd man out here but have you guys seen the used market lately? I am not saying the OP should jump on the particular sxs he is looking at but the days of getting a good deal on a used sxs,truck,boat,rv etc. I believe are in our rear view mirror, At least in my area. I disagree with the used market pricing going down. If it does it won’t be very significant because someone isn’t going to lose 5k on a machine just to get out from under the payment. In my area some used rigs are more than new, before you factor in taxes etc.

Before I decided to get the 1000-6 I looked in to a couple of used 1000-5 units and not one of them were willing to go more than $1k below their listed price. Reason being with everyone was they were upside down on the units and would rather just keep it and pay the monthly payments than lose thousands of dollars by selling at a significant loss. One guy said I would rather the bank take it back than pay 3k out of pocket to settle the loan. Again in my area of SW FL prices on every thing are still very high and show no trend in slowing. Even the housing market here is full steam ahead and not slowing down. Maybe it’s a different scenario in other parts of the country but that’s what I’m seeing here.

I’m seeing the same thing in the high end 1911 market. These are toys or luxuries just like a sxs and guys are wanting to sell a used Nighthawk or Alchemy for $5k or $6k because they bought them used for that price when the market was high. Now the market has cooled and they are trying to recoup that money but aren’t having much luck because you can buy a new one for around the same money. Difference with this is these guys didn’t take out high interest loans to buy the 1911‘s so they are willing to take a hit to get some money back. If you have a loan that you will have to pay the difference on if you sell below what you owe a lot of people are just gonna sit on them because They won’t or can’t take the hit.

Here is a used rig from a dealer I have been talking with. Was quoted from this dealer $23k for a new 1000-5 compared to this used one for $21k with over 1000 miles why would you go with the used option for that price difference? Yes there are some add ons for the used rig but not worth the sales price and they weren’t willing to come off their price. This again is just what I am seeing in my area.

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I guess I will be the odd man out here but have you guys seen the used market lately? I am not saying the OP should jump on the particular sxs he is looking at but the days of getting a good deal on a used sxs,truck,boat,rv etc. I believe are in our rear view mirror, At least in my area. I disagree with the used market pricing going down. If it does it won’t be very significant because someone isn’t going to lose 5k on a machine just to get out from under the payment. In my area some used rigs are more than new, before you factor in taxes etc.

Before I decided to get the 1000-6 I looked in to a couple of used 1000-5 units and not one of them were willing to go more than $1k below their listed price. Reason being with everyone was they were upside down on the units and would rather just keep it and pay the monthly payments than lose thousands of dollars by selling at a significant loss. One guy said I would rather the bank take it back than pay 3k out of pocket to settle the loan. Again in my area of SW FL prices on every thing are still very high and show no trend in slowing. Even the housing market here is full steam ahead and not slowing down. Maybe it’s a different scenario in other parts of the country but that’s what I’m seeing here.

I’m seeing the same thing in the high end 1911 market. These are toys or luxuries just like a sxs and guys are wanting to sell a used Nighthawk or Alchemy for $5k or $6k because they bought them used for that price when the market was high. Now the market has cooled and they are trying to recoup that money but aren’t having much luck because you can buy a new one for around the same money. Difference with this is these guys didn’t take out high interest loans to buy the 1911‘s so they are willing to take a hit to get some money back. If you have a loan that you will have to pay the difference on if you sell below what you owe a lot of people are just gonna sit on them because They won’t or can’t take the hit.

Here is a used rig from a dealer I have been talking with. Was quoted from this dealer $23k for a new 1000-5 compared to this used one for $21k with over 1000 miles why would you go with the used option for that price difference? Yes there are some add ons for the used rig but not worth the sales price and they weren’t willing to come off their price. This again is just what I am seeing in my area.
The market is cooling off. As soon as the banks start taking units back…fire sales! Can’t wait. The housing market has cooled off considerably as well. Rates going from below 3 to over 7 made a huge difference and the rates are still going up.

I don’t claim to be a financial genius but the writing seems to be on the wall.

advertisement
C

Chucker06

Oct 23, 2022
Florida
Ownership

1. Looking to buy
That might be the case in Ohio but in Florida nothing has slowed down. Still bidding wars on home sales, car lots have over half the incoming vehicles sold before they hit the lot. In my business I deal with large developers and they are still actively pursing land acquisitions and developing communities and homes. So much money coming in from New York, California and the like they can’t keep up with the demand. Just what I’m seeing down here. Maybe when the fire sales start I will take a ride north and see what I can bring back. My wife has family near Troy

TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
The market is cooling off. As soon as the banks start taking units back…fire sales! Can’t wait. The housing market has cooled off considerably as well. Rates going from below 3 to over 7 made a huge difference and the rates are still going up.

I don’t claim to be a financial genius but the writing seems to be on the wall.
Fo sho. Housing sales have been down 8 months in a row. That hasn't happened since 2008 when it all crashed last time. I pass by 2 sxs dealers and 2 car dealerships every day and they are filling up fast. Inflation is hitting the average Joe's hard. Alot of people are behind on their bills and ain't gonna have a choice but to give up these toys so they can pay mortgage, car payments and utilities. Plus a man's gotta eat.
Bad times are coming for a lot of people.

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That might be the case in Ohio but in Florida nothing has slowed down. Still bidding wars on home sales, car lots have over half the incoming vehicles sold before they hit the lot. In my business I deal with large developers and they are still actively pursing land acquisitions and developing communities and homes. So much money coming in from New York, California and the like they can’t keep up with the demand. Just what I’m seeing down here. Maybe when the fire sales start I will take a ride north and see what I can bring back. My wife has family near Troy
It’s not just an Ohio thing…Redfin just had its second set of layoffs…

Backwoods

Backwoods

Ambassador of Crocs / Speaker of truth & facts /
Lifetime Member
Mar 2, 2018
Douglasville ga
Ownership

1. 700-2
Be patient the others are correct, it’s coming and it won’t be long. You may have to make a road trip but better deals are coming.

Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Appreciate any advice.
What is your location you are searching in?

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
You just need to travel to the poorest state, Mississippi. Ramey motor sports in Purvis, MS and I69 Motorsports in Union City, TN have been historically the lowest prices in the country for a Honda. Often $4-$5K off MSRP for Pioneer 1000 & Talons depending on the models. Now this is when they had dozens in inventory. Honda isn't keeping up with demand but for past 24 months.

Still used car market wholesale prices are down 20% in past 6 weeks, but dealers aren't passing on the savings to buyers yet. Just like gas prices, it never goes down as fast as they raise it.

C

Chucker06

Oct 23, 2022
Florida
Ownership

1. Looking to buy
I think I should clarify that I 100% agree that the economy as a whole is trash and about to catch on fire to create the ultimate dumpster fire. The current administration has and continues to cripple the American economy to the point it will take years to return to its former economic glory. I’m just saying that there are economic micro climates throughout the country that aren’t seeing what the majority of Americans are seeing such as Florida and Texas where the OP is from. Which in turn makes buying new a better value than used right now in these areas. If the repo man does get really busy in the coming months then there may be opportunities for some to capitalize on others misfortune unfortunately. However I don’t think they will be as good as some think and definitely not like it was pre 2021. Good luck OP, I would be buying new if I were you, I am actually lol!

Reactions: 906UP

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!