P1000 Missing weld =broke down sxs

CopenHagen

CopenHagen

Aug 1, 2016
Southeastern Illinois
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hey guys had a bad weekend was riding my 1000 pioneer deluxe this weekend at the house I crossed the front ditch by the road (this ditch is shallow enough I mow it all summer with my zero turn so it's shallow and very tapered) and heardo my suspension bottom out and tire rubbed fender by my left foot!!! Honestly didn't give it much thought for some reason till the next day I went down and couldn't hold bike going straight down road so I pulled over for a examination and to my surprise the driver side top a arm was pulled away from Frame on the point right behind bumper after closer looking there was no weld whatsoever on the vertical upright by bushing...wth... I called dealer and the said bring it in they found same thing and thought the machine may have ran out of wire ...perfect! They are calling honda Tuesday when they reopen for options but mentioned maybe replacing new frame and shaping everything from mine to frame I'm less than thrilled with that solution . Also they said they could weld it back also less than thrilled because there not welders there at mechanics. And they will not be welding on the frame of my bike .so basically I'm waiting on Tuesday to find out how I'm getting screwed. Has anybody else found any missing welds on there bikes???

CopenHagen

CopenHagen

Aug 1, 2016
Southeastern Illinois
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Here's a pic line of rust is where it should be

Screenshot 20170108 200943

• Wow
Reactions: CID and Ridem32
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Wow! Thanks for the heads up. I'll be checking mine when I get home. Though, I'm pretty sure it's ok after a few rough landings.

CopenHagen

CopenHagen

Aug 1, 2016
Southeastern Illinois
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hey guys had a bad weekend was riding my 1000 pioneer deluxe this weekend at the house I crossed the front ditch by the road (this ditch is shallow enough I mow it all summer with my zero turn so it's shallow and very tapered) and heardo my suspension bottom out and tire rubbed fender by my left foot!!! Honestly didn't give it much thought for some reason till the next day I went down and couldn't hold bike going straight down road so I pulled over for a examination and to my surprise the driver side top a arm was pulled away from Frame on the point right behind bumper after closer looking there was no weld whatsoever on the vertical upright by bushing...wth... I called dealer and the said bring it in they found same thing and thought the machine may have ran out of wire ...perfect! They are calling honda Tuesday when they reopen for options but mentioned maybe replacing new frame and shaping everything from mine to frame I'm less than thrilled with that solution . Also they said they could weld it back also less than thrilled because there not welders there at mechanics. And they will not be welding on the frame of my bike .so basically I'm waiting on Tuesday to find out how I'm getting screwed. Has anybody else found any missing welds on there bikes???

20170107 122421

• Wow
Reactions: CID
CopenHagen

CopenHagen

Aug 1, 2016
Southeastern Illinois
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Wow! Thanks for the heads up. I'll be checking mine when I get home. Though, I'm pretty sure it's ok after a few rough landings.
I've had the bike since September or October have 550 miles mostly hunted off it and cruised around County very lightly trail riding a few times honestly don't know how it hasn't showed itself before now

Reactions: JTW
CopenHagen

CopenHagen

Aug 1, 2016
Southeastern Illinois
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I looked at 3 other bikes at dealer they were all welded not much weld very smooth hardly any build up ,,,but we're all welded

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

advertisement
R

rmk700

Mar 6, 2016
Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I looked at mine, couldn't see in there very good but it felt like it had a small weld bead going down it.

Reactions: CopenHagen
CopenHagen

CopenHagen

Aug 1, 2016
Southeastern Illinois
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ic what your saying, no I don't . But pretty sure Honda's warranty is not going to agree on there customers fixing it for liability sake no mater if there ability to fix it are capable. My solution that I'm going to recommend is there is a welding shop a mile from my dealer that I used to work for several years ago I trust there work 100% if they would remove upper a arm and front bumper for room to get whip in there . Haul it there let them weld it then bring it back to reassemble. I would be happy. But i don't know how Hondas going to like continueing warranty a frame that's been welded on

R

rmk700

Mar 6, 2016
Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Have you looked to see if your passenger side got welded?

AKRider

AKRider

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 31, 2016
Palmer, Alaska
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If they start giving you the run around call Honda support and open a ticket on it. Tell them you would rather have an experience welding shop do the work.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Ic what your saying, no I don't . But pretty sure Honda's warranty is not going to agree on there customers fixing it for liability sake no mater if there ability to fix it are capable. My solution that I'm going to recommend is there is a welding shop a mile from my dealer that I used to work for several years ago I trust there work 100% if they would remove upper a arm and front bumper for room to get whip in there . Haul it there let them weld it then bring it back to reassemble. I would be happy. But i don't know how Hondas going to like continueing warranty a frame that's been welded on

Reach into you pocket and get a pinch of snuff, take a chill pill, like I do HA! Production line must have had an issue, thats fancy for screw up. I think your right , it will be the warranty issue. I would think they would replace your unit, instead of disassembling and reassembling your rig.

CopenHagen

CopenHagen

Aug 1, 2016
Southeastern Illinois
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That would be fine but they don't offer the metallic gray anymore in deluxe just the limited edition ,I dunno il be back on Tuesday to let you all know what they say lol

Reactions: CID and AKRider
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
That would be fine but they don't offer the metallic gray anymore in deluxe just the limited edition ,I dunno il be back on Tuesday to let you all know what they say lol

Really? Well just settle for the LE

AKRider

AKRider

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 31, 2016
Palmer, Alaska
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Make them transfer your old plastic to the new machine

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Sorry to hear this. I know it sucks. But Honda will get it fixed. Problem will be if you want to wait and are ok with the solution.
Honda will not approve welding it. they will want to replace it. And by "it", we may be talking the entire frame and not just the front 1/3.
Honestly, many of us would fix it ourselves.
- No trouble of frame swap.
- And you can oversee it done CORRECTLY!

There is a good handful that have done it with there 700's.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!