P1000 Moab

Plongson

Plongson

May 18, 2017
Southern Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have a question I'm almost embarrassed to ask...Of you guys that have been to Moab, do you have recommendations on where to stay and cool/fun Pioneer rides?
I have an itch to make a run that way and check it out, but recommendations are appreciated from someone who's been there/done that!

I live in Southern Utah and as a technical analyst, had contract work with gas extraction facility's out in the boonies southeast of Moab...this was also 20+ years ago. Work kept me busy and I really never got to get out and explore too much...This place has also changed greatly from a sleepy ranching/uranium/natural gas town to yuppy ville...(just my opinion)

Anyway, recommendations are greatly appreciated. We'd like to drag the toy hauler over, camp somewhat remote and just have a good time.

What'ya think?

nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Friend of mine owns st Danes campground and cabins in Moab. Never been there but I know he is out there now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: sharp and JTW
S

Superthrill

Supporting Member
Oct 4, 2018
North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5
We always rented a house that had a garage. Near the golf course.

Hell's Revenge is an ABSOLUTE must!
Second is Poison Spider Mesa.

M

Montana

Oct 29, 2015
Are these two easy enough not to endanger two kids on the back and two adults in the front with an all stock 1000

S

Superthrill

Supporting Member
Oct 4, 2018
North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Are these two easy enough not to endanger two kids on the back and two adults in the front with an all stock 1000
These are very wide open trails. Hell's Revenge makes a giant loop. It has the Escalator, the Hot Tubs and lots of other stuff all with bypasses. Google Hells Revenge trail.

You will see how easily they could have faked the moon landing after doing that trail. The scenery is just unbelievable.

J

JCutah

Apr 20, 2017
Northern Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I bought this book below. It was a great help and I found it accurate enough for my needs.

https://www.amazon.com/ATV-Trails-Guide-Moab-UT/dp/0966497678?tag=sxsweb24-20

We picked some warm up trails and went bigger later.

where to stay is the tough part. I stayed at remote camping as you asked about and it was fun and we learned the immediate area very well. Next time we stayed at a rental house, picked a trail head and went for it each day. The second way was more flexible, gave us better rides for our desire that day. Some days a Redrock sunrise and arches feed the soul. Other days, it was some technical riding. I preferred this method.

Have fun. There is so many trails you can pick a trail by cool name, vistas, history and metal mashing (that's a trail).

Reactions: Dezrik and JTW
DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
I have a question I'm almost embarrassed to ask...Of you guys that have been to Moab, do you have recommendations on where to stay and cool/fun Pioneer rides?
I have an itch to make a run that way and check it out, but recommendations are appreciated from someone who's been there/done that!

I live in Southern Utah and as a technical analyst, had contract work with gas extraction facility's out in the boonies southeast of Moab...this was also 20+ years ago. Work kept me busy and I really never got to get out and explore too much...This place has also changed greatly from a sleepy ranching/uranium/natural gas town to yuppy ville...(just my opinion)

Anyway, recommendations are greatly appreciated. We'd like to drag the toy hauler over, camp somewhat remote and just have a good time.

What'ya think?
Make sure you check for what events are going down. Things like Easter Jeep Safari are best avoided unless you just want the experience, but there is lesser stuff like Interbike and other conventions you'll want to avoid unless you like rubbing elbows.

Reactions: JTW
Dezrik

Dezrik

Follow me for adventure!
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2018
MOAB, Utahhhhhhhh
Ownership

1. 1000-5
This is what I Would suggest. Buy these two books and mark out the Trails you've been on and just go down the list!! They are all fun trails. We've been to Moab a Handful of times and each time is better then the last. We are headed down on 3/29-4/5 and Plan on going for 5 days every month (Money permitting lol) until It gets cold again!!

https://www.amazon.com/Guide-Moab-Backroads-4-Wheel-Drive-Trails/dp/193483825X?tag=sxsweb24-20

IMG 2163 IMG 2258 IMG 1928 IMG 1924 46710868 2255182357825727 4768403070046437376 n

J

JTW

This is what I Would suggest. Buy these two books and mark out the Trails you've been on and just go down the list!! They are all fun trails. We've been to Moab a Handful of times and each time is better then the last. We are headed down on 3/29-4/5 and Plan on going for 5 days every month (Money permitting lol) until It gets cold again!!

https://www.amazon.com/Guide-Moab-Backroads-4-Wheel-Drive-Trails/dp/193483825X?tag=sxsweb24-20

View attachment 116855 View attachment 116856 View attachment 116857 View attachment 116858 View attachment 116859
I highly recommend the first book... I haven’t seen the second. Looks like I’ll add that to my list as well!

S

Superthrill

Supporting Member
Oct 4, 2018
North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5
WARNING! That place gets in your soul!
We were making yearly pilgrimages for awhile.
I second the books and a good GPS is a must. I have the first book.

We always went the week after the Easter Jeep Safari. Milder weather than the summer. More enjoyable. If you can catch it when the desert blooms, it is amazing. The small cactus come alive with blooms and it is neat.

Last edited:
Plongson

Plongson

May 18, 2017
Southern Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
THANKS ALL!! for the suggestions! I think we're gonna roll over there 4-1...week after next for a few days. I'm also thinking Sand Flat. Fortunately it's not ghastly far from Cedar City. We'd go next week but it's been pretty cold, wet and snowy here in So. Utah, but it can all change day to day this time of year. I'm REALLY hoping it's not a$$hole to elbow, I hate frigg'n crowds. I may get an enlightening...
I'll post pictures when we return with recon.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dezrik and JTW
Dezrik

Dezrik

Follow me for adventure!
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2018
MOAB, Utahhhhhhhh
Ownership

1. 1000-5
THANKS ALL!! for the suggestions! I think we're gonna roll over there 4-1...week after next for a few days. I'm also thinking Sand Flat. Fortunately it's got ghastly far from Cedar City. We'd go next week but it's been pretty cold, wet and snow here in So. Utah, but it can all change day to day this time of year. I'm REALLY hoping it's not a$$hole to elbow, I hate frigg'n crowds. I may get an enlightening...
I'll post pictures when we return with recon.

We can meet up at some point I will be there myself also until wednesday night

Last edited:

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!