Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Yep, don't use it in the boat, lawn mower, trimmers, chain saws nor sxs!

K

Kilroy

Apr 1, 2016
Missouri
Most gas around me is 10% ethanol. I always use Sta-bil marine with ethanol treatment in all my small engines, motorcycles, and my pioneer. I haven't had any problems and they all start up right away no mater how long they sit.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
Alan aka Davinci

Alan aka Davinci

Mr. Meme Master
Lifetime Member
Apr 25, 2015
Grand Junction, CO
Ownership

1. 500
ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Yea, and ethanol robs gas mileage and horse power as well. No matter what it's a lose, lose situation unless you grow corn.

Alan

At least the newer machines like ours our built to handle the alcohol in the fuel, as it it won't damage the fuel system components like on the older carbuerated machines. I had a Honda Magna and the ethanol fuel messed it up. But yeah, ethanol gas is no good for mileage and power for us. Lots of stations around me sell 90 and 91 octane ethanol free gas, but it is more expensive. The P500 is made for low octane gas, so I probably wouldn't see any benefit to the ethanol free gas since it's a higher octane.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Most gas around me is 10% ethanol. I always use Sta-bil marine with ethanol treatment in all my small engines, motorcycles, and my pioneer. I haven't had any problems and they all start up right away no mater how long they sit.
I use Stabil, but didn't know about the marine version with ethanol treatment. Good to know, thanks!

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
At least the newer machines like ours our built to handle the alcohol in the fuel, as it it won't damage the fuel system components like on the older carbuerated machines. I had a Honda Magna and the ethanol fuel messed it up. But yeah, ethanol gas is no good for mileage and power for us. Lots of stations around me sell 90 and 91 octane ethanol free gas, but it is more expensive. The P500 is made for low octane gas, so I probably wouldn't see any benefit to the ethanol free gas since it's a higher octane.
Well that's an interesting analysis!!

ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Well that's an interesting analysis!!
I left out the most important detail that there is a maximum percentage of ethanol that our machines will handle. I believe it is 10% (it's in the manual, but i don't remember exactly what the percentage is)

Reactions: Sledge
S

Sledge

I left out the most important detail that there is a maximum percentage of ethanol that our machines will handle. I believe it is 10% (it's in the manual, but i don't remember exactly what the percentage is)

That was the point of my post. The percentage is going UP, by Imperial Obama/EPA order, and small engine experts say they can't handle it.

Read the linked article, gentlemen!

Joe

Edit: I hate the idea that one who posts a thread has some kind of ownership of it. Threads are conversations, and they go where they go. Not my point at all.

But y'all are arguing about current corn alcohol in gas, and my point was that it is about to get worse. Maybe over-the-top worse.

And don't think that these zealots would be sad to see our machines seize up. They would not.

They would love it.

Joe

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: ehart814
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Right, and Joe's article states that the Obama administrations new rule will be over that. I appreciate everything you said, don't get me wrong, I just think we should keep ethanol out of our P-5's. (Well, out of mine at least, lol)

Reactions: ehart814
advertisement
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
That was the point of my post. The percentage is going UP, by Imperial Obama/EPA order, and small engine experts say they can't handle it.

Read the linked article, gentlemen!

Joe

Edit: I hate the idea that one who posts a thread has some kind of ownership of it. Threads are conversations, and they go where they go. Not my point at all.

But y'all are arguing about current corn alcohol in gas, and my point was that it is about to get worse. Maybe over-the-top worse.

And don't think that these zealots would be sad to see our machines seize up. They would not.

They would love it.

Joe
Joe, I went right to the article and read it before I posted anything. Thank you for bringing it to our attention amigo! Btw Joe, it's 74 degrees, clear, slightly breezy and very low humidity where I'm at here in the southern Rockies of New Mexico, probably similar in Durango!!!

wyo700

wyo700

Lifetime Member
Sep 26, 2013
I always run at least 91 octane as the ethanol has less effect on higher octane fuel. I've always ran 91 in my pioneer and everything I own small engines. My Onan generator in my camper says in about three different areas in the manual. NON ETHANAL FUEL ONLY. Not much I can do as no where around me has ethanol free fuel. I always use a stabilizer. I've never had any issues. Yet

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!