P1000 More heat questions P1000

tincangob

tincangob

Nov 30, 2017
Central Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-3
So much info on P1000 heat....... A lot to wade through for sure. I have a 2018 P1000m3 with a full Honda windshied and roof.I have three questions that may already be covered somewhere, but I can't seem to find the answers.

My question are:

1. My next step to reduce the cab heat will be to remove the doors on my machine (M3) for the summer. Has anyone tried this? I realize the dust problem will increase, but I think it would significantly provide ventilation which I DESPERATELY need.

2. I bought a roll of insulation to go under the seat based on a recommendation on this forum. The insulation has reflective foil on one side and paper covered, sticky 3/8 inch foam rubber on the other. I assume the foil side goes down, towards the heat source. I cut it to size with extra running up under the back of the seats, and it helps a little but it's not very neat or easy to remove. Are there commercial kits that would be a better solution?

3. Finally, I've not looked into the fan solution that seems to be the real, ultimate solution due to the cost and wiring challenges. Are they relatively easy to install? What is the source of the best fan? Where do you mount such a fan?

Thanks so much for any feedback.

Redmoon

Redmoon

Feb 21, 2019
Prescott Az.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So much info on P1000 heat....... A lot to wade through for sure. I have a 2018 P1000m3 with a full Honda windshied and roof.I have three questions that may already be covered somewhere, but I can't seem to find the answers.

My question are:

1. My next step to reduce the cab heat will be to remove the doors on my machine (M3) for the summer. Has anyone tried this? I realize the dust problem will increase, but I think it would significantly provide ventilation which I DESPERATELY need.

2. I bought a roll of insulation to go under the seat based on a recommendation on this forum. The insulation has reflective foil on one side and paper covered, sticky 3/8 inch foam rubber on the other. I assume the foil side goes down, towards the heat source. I cut it to size with extra running up under the back of the seats, and it helps a little but it's not very neat or easy to remove. Are there commercial kits that would be a better solution?

3. Finally, I've not looked into the fan solution that seems to be the real, ultimate solution due to the cost and wiring challenges. Are they relatively easy to install? What is the source of the best fan? Where do you mount such a fan?

Thanks so much for any feedback.

Search Cab Heat solutions. Bilge Fan install heat fix. etc

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!