P500 More than 2 riders

T

tlbarnett1

Nov 12, 2017
Georgia
Ownership

1. 500
I realize it’s designed for two people but would like real world experiences. I have two boys and I’m curious of the space. I plan to use it for hunting. My property has nothing serious, mostly logging roads. I also plan to use it around the neighborhood. Is it wide enough for a driver and 2 kids or 2 adults and 1 kid?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

C

Chooglin

I realize it’s designed for two people but would like real world experiences. I have two boys and I’m curious of the space. I plan to use it for hunting. My property has nothing serious, mostly logging roads. I also plan to use it around the neighborhood. Is it wide enough for a driver and 2 kids or 2 adults and 1 kid?

It's possible but would be pretty tight!

Some have actually made/or bought golf cart seats for the back.

Reactions: rocmar and Mudder
Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Last edited:
Reactions: Chooglin
R-Lamm

R-Lamm

Lifetime Member
Sep 27, 2017
South Carolina
Ownership

1. 500
Just a stock P500...two adults fill it up. One adult and two small kids is possible. I do that with my kids...but they are tiny though. If you are wanting them buckled...would need to add a middle buckle unless they are really tiny and you squeeze two on the passenger buckle...but not too comfy. Golf cart mode would be best for multiples on the 500s.

Reactions: Mudder
R

Rustell

I put an additional seatbelt in the middle for our 8 yr old grand daughter. I can't see her sitting in the middle for much longer tho. They grow to fast.

Reactions: R-Lamm
R-Lamm

R-Lamm

Lifetime Member
Sep 27, 2017
South Carolina
Ownership

1. 500
Well I’m about to find out if it’s to small. Pulled the trigger on a red 2017. GO DAWGS!!

That is AWESOME!!!! Welcome to the P500 club!!! You will no doubt be happy!

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Congrats! Search this site for heat shield matting, that center middle gets hot with engine heat. Sent you a PM also.

HUCK

HUCK

Lifetime Member
Jun 21, 2016
ARIZONA
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon X

NO . I have 4 grand daughters , I can fit myself 1 of the 3 normal size 7 yr olds and the one that ways 40lbs (tiny lil thing) and thats it .

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
This thread reminded me of my old Subaru Brat rear seats.

BB26B063 A203 4F49 B7B6 6DBED685093A

lee

lee

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 4, 2013
Springfield Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
BYes, and they where fantastic.
I have on occasion looked for a Brat just to have a mini truck with seats in the bed but it was just too long ago to survive the Ohio salt.

The US government charges a 25% tax on imported trucks.
Chicken tax - Wikipedia

This was done to hit VW in the 1960's.
All of the Japanese mini trucks from the '70 and '80s paid this.
With there all wheel drive system Subaru could not compeat on price so the threw in the back seats - boosted there price a littleut lost the tax.
I think big H should have used this as the model for the P700 but what do I know.

Reactions: Mudder
Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
You guys remember well. Saw some BRAT seats on ebay, would like to see them photoshopped on back of P500 just for fun for 2 passengers. Since @tlbarnett1 is a new member, this should be worth a good laugh, one of the better old threads. P500 - Introducing the NEW Pioneer 500s, I-ARC

D75A5451 3EF7 491B 9F20 E9F1041948AA

Last edited:
Reactions: lee
L

LeeB

Lifetime Member
Aug 2, 2017
NM
Ownership

1. 500
Bought a bench seat from I think it was UTV HQ for back; seats 2 adults with seat belts; fits in my basket nicely. Does fill entire basket with room under the seat for storage; bench seat even folds up for taller storage area if need be. I like it. Attaches to frame plus I use extra strapping.

rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Bought a bench seat from I think it was UTV HQ for back; seats 2 adults with seat belts; fits in my basket nicely. Does fill entire basket with room under the seat for storage; bench seat even folds up for taller storage area if need be. I like it. Attaches to frame plus I use extra strapping.
Remember..ya got heat...& exhaust. ..
where your placing that back seat...
something to keep in mind...

Reactions: R-Lamm and trigger
HUCK

HUCK

Lifetime Member
Jun 21, 2016
ARIZONA
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon X
No pics , it didnt happen .

Reactions: Rustell and trigger

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!