Motor is puttering

grabbe123

grabbe123

Sep 3, 2020
Paris, IL
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I just started my '21 pioneer 1000-5 for the first time since October, maybe November. I put fuel stabilizer in it, covered it with a huge tarp, strapped it down and haven't messed with it since. When I started it today, it fired right up and I let it run for a good 5 minutes probably. I put it in reverse to back it out of the garage and it didn't move really. Gave it a good bit of gas and it peeled out. Acted like it was stuck so I crammed on the brakes and it died! I started it back up and it's puttering now like it's not getting fuel and about to die. The engine light is on and the panel says I'm in GEAR I, or 1 maybe. This buggy was bought in July and only has 450 miles on it! I'm taking it in tomorrow because it's under warranty but I'm nervous they'll give me the not covered under warranty speech! Anyone had this issue or heard anything about it?

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I would drive it for an hour then top it off with fresh gas and see what happens.

P

pappyo

Dec 19, 2013
Ethanol Gas?? or Non Ethonal ??
When it sets & Tempeture Changes up & down Condensation forms especially when covered.
Try some dry gas or other fuel water/seperating additive.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!