P1000 Muffler Heat Shield

S

symphony

Jan 17, 2021
Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Three weeks into ownership and I'm already removing "unnecessary" parts...LOL

The stock muffler heat shield and plastic cover hangs down quite a bit and so there isn't much clearance between it and the ball of my tow hitch.

I removed the plastic cover and larger heat shield and left the smaller heat shield which increases the clearance enough such that I can now hook my trailer up without any interference between the coupler and heat shields. I'm hoping I won't run into any problems with heat causing damage to the bed?
Image0
Image2
Image3

Last edited:
Reactions: Homer
Mopower58

Mopower58

CST is the Best!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2017
Crystal Springs,Ms.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I installed a black powder coated metal plate where the plastic was and converted my trailer hitch to a bulldog type hitch for more top access.

Reactions: Smitty335
ToddACimer

ToddACimer

Pioneer 1005-2
Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2016
Oshkosh, Wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
HMF makes a muffler that gives you plenty of clearance or even room for a rear winch.

PXL 20220123 185948929

Reactions: GovtMule
D

Dasmoeturhead

HMF makes a muffler that gives you plenty of clearance or even room for a rear winch.

View attachment 361807
How does the HMF sound?
As far as removing heat shields, not sure I'd want to back into a bank of dry Poplar leaves. I guess it must not be an issue, because all the after market exhausts for the p1000's don't come with shields. Since there still in business I guess it's a non-issue. I'm tempted to get the HMF.

Reactions: Smitty335
ToddACimer

ToddACimer

Pioneer 1005-2
Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2016
Oshkosh, Wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
How does the HMF sound?
As far as removing heat shields, not sure I'd want to back into a bank of dry Poplar leaves. I guess it must not be an issue, because all the after market exhausts for the p1000's don't come with shields. Since there still in business I guess it's a non-issue. I'm tempted to get the HMF.
It's louder than stock with the quiet core but at cruising speed it's not annoying. Without the quiet core, it was too loud for me

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!