Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ok, My reservations are made, I just asked for a RV spot with the group - even though I will not have an RV/camper lol... it will give me a place to park and spread out a little.

Looking forward to the ride. I got my winch all wired up (and cleaned up) this weekend and started figuring out what I need to take along with me on the trail. Recovery, repair, first aid and goodies. This will be a good adventure for me to learn from your experiences.

Planning on taking half a day that Friday so I can get down there before dark.

Reactions: sharp and Tigermark
nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ok, My reservations are made, I just asked for a RV spot with the group - even though I will not have an RV/camper lol... it will give me a place to park and spread out a little.

Looking forward to the ride. I got my winch all wired up (and cleaned up) this weekend and started figuring out what I need to take along with me on the trail. Recovery, repair, first aid and goodies. This will be a good adventure for me to learn from your experiences.

Planning on taking half a day that Friday so I can get down there before dark.

Best advice I can give you is "when in doubt, throttle out" haha. @Montecresto and @Tigermark know what I'm talking about!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Anything I need to make sure to bring with me on the trail? Is a helmet needed (probably need to get one anyway)? Assume I will want to bring extra gas, to the campsite anyways. I am a novice here lol.

Reactions: sharp
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Best advice I can give you is "when in doubt, throttle out" haha. @Montecresto and @Tigermark know what I'm talking about!

Lol!! You're in the DR but found time to get on the forum, bet it's balmy down there.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Anything I need to make sure to bring with me on the trail? Is a helmet needed (probably need to get one anyway)? Assume I will want to bring extra gas, to the campsite anyways. I am a novice here lol.
Probably one of the best trails for you to spread your wings on, relatively close to facilities, and plenty of other riders on the trails.

nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Lol!! You're in the DR but found time to get on the forum, bet it's balmy down there.

You aren't keeping up... never made it. Stuck in a hotel in Atlanta. Trying to figure out my daughters passport. We will either have a solution today or I will head home with her tonight or in the morning. Bad deal but me and her are making the most of it.
3bf256e9e453a836f9c034bd01d2141a

nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5

You don't need a helmet unless you want one. You won't need any gas unless it just makes you feel better. The Honda can make it one day pretty comfortably without refilling. If you were going to stay out day and night I would take some. You will need some in the cab back at camp though.

Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Probably one of the best trails for you to spread your wings on, relatively close to facilities, and plenty of other riders on the trails.

I figure I am with a good group! I learned from my competition shooting that it is best to bring what you have and learn from the guys with experience. Usually saves you money in the long run as it keeps you from buying and doing unnecessary stuff.

Reactions: sharp
Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
You aren't keeping up... never made it. Stuck in a hotel in Atlanta. Trying to figure out my daughters passport. We will either have a solution today or I will head home with her tonight or in the morning. Bad deal but me and her are making the most of it.
View attachment 29596

That bites... I lived in Atlanta for 5 years (a while ago) I hear the aquarium is really cool if you have time to kill while waiting.

advertisement
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
View attachment 29596

Wow, where'd I miss that at??????? Anyway, what a little darling!!! I hope that issue gets ironed out so you all can continue with your plans.

nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That bites... I lived in Atlanta for 5 years (a while ago) I hear the aquarium is really cool if you have time to kill while waiting.

I'm at the mercy of the passport office today. Misty left this morning to head on down to DR and the situation worsened after she left. I hope we make it now. We are watching movies on my iPad sitting in the hotel across the street from the passport office. Went to old navy yesterday and bought some black panties and a black tank to let Addison swim in the heated pool. 3rd day in these clothes is getting old... meh!

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
View attachment 29597
Ok @Montecresto, getting the 500 ready for the 8th. New winch and light bar.
Yep, I can see that you need to get that dirty. :) Btw, Saturday is the 7th. Have you decided if you'll stay the night? You can come Friday evening if you'd like, or just stay Saturday night, whatever floats your P5.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
HivoltageHonda

HivoltageHonda

Aug 6, 2015
Hernando, MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Cool, camping, or just a day tripper?
Well I thought I had a place booked with mulberry they sent an email confirming and everything then I get a call 2 days later saying that a guy an hour before me booked the cabin. So we are staying at Bryd's and will either trailer or ride on road to mulberry. According to Joshua with mid south rzr and utv they are leaving Friday at 10 and eating lunch at General store then riding trails back and then of course the main trail riding Saturday. So we will be there both days. Hopefully maybe I can meet some of you guys.

Reactions: Dp5hunter and sharp
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Well I thought I had a place booked with mulberry they sent an email confirming and everything then I get a call 2 days later saying that a guy an hour before me booked the cabin. So we are staying at Bryd's and will either trailer or ride on road to mulberry. According to Joshua with mid south rzr and utv they are leaving Friday at 10 and eating lunch at General store then riding trails back and then of course the main trail riding Saturday. So we will be there both days. Hopefully maybe I can meet some of you guys.
Well that bites. What are the accommodations at Byrd's. Yes, I hope we can meet up too! I see I had a missed call from Mulberry today, I better call them in the morning and see if I get told something similar. Do you live near by?

advertisement