P500 My 2016 P500 3 month Review

Nathan_HogsFan

Nathan_HogsFan

Dec 21, 2015
NE Arkansas
Well I have had my P500 roughly 3 months and have put roughly 400 miles on it. During that time it was taken to the shop twice once for just maintenance and secondly for a problem with my paddle shifters. My paddle shifters just randomly wouldn't down shift one afternoon and it was pretty inconvenient, but I think a majority of it was my Honda service department in my area is extremely slow. Turned out something just got wet apparently and after it dried out it worked fine and has worked fine since. As far as performance goes it really just depends on what you're wanting it for. This was my first sxs and my brother has a polaris ace 325 and my dad has a Can-am 800 sxs. If you want something just just go around through the woods with in tight places or something to work on a farm in this thing is great. If you want something that truly performs this really isn't the right rig for you. Me and my brother have gotten really big into trail riding and dune running and my brothers 325 Ace out performs mine by a long shot while maintaining the minimum width which was big for me. The P500 suspension is just fine for riding around on, but when it comes to small jumps and things of that nature its not designed for that. Not knocking it for it because it was my fault for getting the wrong rig. Some other things I don't like about the p500 is the ground clearance and the lack of locking differentials. It seems like I get high centered a lot that is like the only time I get stuck and bigger tires would definitely help I am still running the stock 24's . Also a lot of the time I feel if I could've had all four tires turning it would've helped out a lot. Overall this thing is a great rig I trust it although I had a hiccup with the paddle shifters and it has done a great job doing things it is not meant to do. Given the price of this machine you really can't go wrong I love the looks of it and everything. If I had to go back I would've went with the Polaris RZR 900 Trail EPS just because I want something that performs better and that has some get up and go as the P500 tops out at 41 mph. I know owning a Polaris means more maintenance, but I would sacrifice that for better performance. Once again I am not knocking this rig it is great for it's intended purpose unfortunately that intended purpose wasn't what I actually wanted it to do. I actually love Honda and if they came out with a sportier P500 I would be willing to pay a higher price for it if it remedied all my issues and had better seats. I hope this helped someone trying to make a decision on what to get! I will mention I have a 2500lb winch a 7 in light bar and an led interior light and on the P500 with the wiring harness it was fairly easy to get everything hooked up.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Sorry that you didn't check the various Honda P-500 forums before you bought. The P-500 answers perfectly to the needs of most who own them. I have a Polaris Ranger 800 also but would never make any comparisons between the two.

Reactions: joeymt33

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!