P1000 My 2022 P1K5 Trail accessories build

P

PDogRex

Supporting Member
Apr 19, 2022
Central MT.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have owned my 2022 P1K5 Trail Edition now for 3 weeks and since picking it up, I have been busy installing a boatload of accessories.
The following list is what I have added/installed:
Vent Kit from Bayouownbeer.
True AM Dual Battery Isolator
Plug-n-Play Auto Backup Lights (Dual)
Dual USB Charger
Several pigtail connectors for the Honda Fuse Box, all 4 items from the Club Store
2nd Battery, needed longer cables ordered them online from Battery Cables USA
KFI 72” steel snowplow, with hydraulic actuator for angle adjustment.
These are all Honda accessories:
Hard Roof
Glass Windsheild
Fabric Front Doors
Hard Mid/Rear Panel
New Heater
Rough Country Bed Mat
RB3 Offroad Antenna Mount

Installed the Fabric Front Doors after taking these pictures.

Changed the power leads from the primary battery to the secondary battery.
This is street legal for Montana.

That is what happens when you wait for 5 months for your “buggy, you read through everyone’s builds/post and compile a great list of
accessories! Thanks to everyone for posting their builds and add ons to their buggy’s.

D91BBED2 EB58 42B6 B700 3ECB7B951A12 1A175B66 9875 4D24 A66F 010175B8C8D9 750EA606 58FC 48C3 9C37 C0804C64BD7E 3D7D84EA AE96 4BD3 954C 16804F280FEF DF8C4B8F 9529 4F77 B2CA 22041C0180F3

P

PDogRex

Supporting Member
Apr 19, 2022
Central MT.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
You've been a busy bee!
looks good man! Keep up the good work
It has been fun and interesting, best part has been finding locations where components are, good familiarization.
There were a few ”cuss” words expelled, a few “grumbles”, and lots of beers consumed in order to get all these installed.

Last edited:
Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
It has been fun and interesting, best part has been finding locations were items are, good familiarization.
There were a few ”cuss” words expelled, a few “grumbles”, and lots of beers consumed in order to get all these installed.
Yes sir! Ben there done that with 3 machines. All worth it in the end

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Did you use the empty auxiliary switch for any of your accessories?
If so, how did you gain access to it?
If you have a deluxe, and the 3 switches that do nothing.
Edit: Fits trail edition as well.
Take a look at this.

GovtMule

GovtMule

NTC’s SoA, Chief Sarcasm Officer-Self Appointed
Lifetime Member
May 19, 2021
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Did you use the empty auxiliary switch for any of your accessories?
If so, how did you gain access to it?

If you have a deluxe, and the 3 switches that do nothing.
Take a look at this.

What he said...and FYI it works wonderfully when used.

Hogwild

Hogwild

Sep 21, 2022
Nor cal
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Nice setup! You mentioned your second battery needed longer cable and you ordered them from longer cables fromBattery Cables USA. What exactly did you order in length and cable size? I am looking to do the same dual battery set up on my trail edition. Any helpful insight would be appreciated.

P

PDogRex

Supporting Member
Apr 19, 2022
Central MT.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Nice setup! You mentioned your second battery needed longer cable and you ordered them from longer cables fromBattery Cables USA. What exactly did you order in length and cable size? I am looking to do the same dual battery set up on my trail edition. Any helpful insight would be appreciated.
All the cables were 6 Gauge (6 AWG) this is same size as factory. All we’re flexible cable, easier to route. Order red or black depending on where your attaching them. I would suggest that you measure the lengths that you need as I routed my cables around/under stuff. I also changed the winch cables from primary battery to the secondary battery so that needed a new cable. My battery isolator is on the right side of engine compartment.
I ordered 3 cables total, with shipping my total was just over $22.00, the shipping was very quick.

NewHere2

NewHere2

Village Idiot In Training
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 9, 2020
High Plains of SD
Ownership

1. 700-4

2. 1000-5
Looking Good, what did you do in your free time ?

Reactions: Smitty335
NorthernJoe

NorthernJoe

Feb 10, 2021
Northern Ontario
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have owned my 2022 P1K5 Trail Edition now for 3 weeks and since picking it up, I have been busy installing a boatload of accessories.
Dual USB Charger
Several pigtail connectors for the Honda Fuse Box, all 4 items from the Club Store
Hard Roof
Glass Windsheild
Fabric Front Doors
Hard Mid/Rear Panel
New Heater
Rough Country Bed Mat

That is what happens when you wait for 5 months for your “buggy, you read through everyone’s builds/post and compile a great list of
accessories! Thanks to everyone for posting their builds and add ons to their buggy’s.

View attachment 359178 View attachment 359179 View attachment 359180 View attachment 359181 View attachment 359182
That is the nicest looking Pioneer Honda has made yet, Has just enough red to satisfy those who think it makes it go faster, and a nice mix of black and silver to give it some pop. Ive been following what you are doing with your buggy. I got into messing with the acc fuse box. Once you get into it it is straight forward. Thought I would show you what I did for interior lightsIMG 8121IMG 8123

I used a couple of clear 3/4" clearance lights in the hard back to light up inside the bed and an LED license plate light on the ROP in the cab. I connected them to the courtesy light by your feet.
IMG 8120

I moved the heater controls up to the "you shall surely die" area of the dash and reorganized the switches. I cut into the factory harness and supplied direct power to the courtesy light instead of key on power this way I can turn the light on to see where the key goes

Hogwild

Hogwild

Sep 21, 2022
Nor cal
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That is the nicest looking Pioneer Honda has made yet, Has just enough red to satisfy those who think it makes it go faster, and a nice mix of black and silver to give it some pop. Ive been following what you are doing with your buggy. I got into messing with the acc fuse box. Once you get into it it is straight forward. Thought I would show you what I did for interior lightsView attachment 369681View attachment 369682

I used a couple of clear 3/4" clearance lights in the hard back to light up inside the bed and an LED license plate light on the ROP in the cab. I connected them to the courtesy light by your feet.
View attachment 369684
I moved the heater controls up to the "you shall surely die" area of the dash and reorganized the switches. I cut into the factory harness and supplied direct power to the courtesy light instead of key on power this way I can turn the light on to see where the key goes
Nice Cab lighting- I have been researching trying to find good lights for using as you did (interior dome lights) attached to the courtesy light. Do you have a part references for the lights you used? Nice use of the dash space - I did a similar mod to use that space as well.

C

cjparry2

Jan 25, 2023
California
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Dual USB Charger
Hard Roof
Glass Windsheild
Fabric Front Doors
Hard Mid/Rear Panel
New Heater
Rough Country Bed Mat

View attachment 359178 View attachment 359179 View attachment 359180 View attachment 359181 View attachment 359182
Hi PDogRex, the modifications to your 2022 Trail look amazing. I'm in the market to purchase a 2022 1000-5 unit and want to do a bunch of modification when it take delivery (better said, have the shop I purchase it from do the modifications). I have a few questions for you...
-What is the vent kit?
-Do you like the factory glass window? I'm thinking I will do the UTV 801 glass windshield with front vents...
-How do you like your snowplow?
Thank you! Any suggestions you could give me would be much appreciated.

P

PDogRex

Supporting Member
Apr 19, 2022
Central MT.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The “vent“ kit extends the vent lines from the fuel tank, differentials, gearboxes and front fan. It extends them up the the ROPS and ending them up under the roof. Google “bayouownbeer” on Amazon.
The windshield is great but rather expensive, I considered the UTV 801 as well.
The snowplow has worked excellent, it got a good workout when I helped plow the local high school football field to prepare for state playoffs and championships game! No problems, I did remove the winch cable and replaced it with the KFI strap it works a lot better and saves the cable from so much wear and tear.
As I had posted read through everyone else’s “builds“ this will give you some ideas.

Reactions: Rayger143
C

cjparry2

Jan 25, 2023
California
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The “vent“ kit extends the vent lines from the fuel tank, differentials, gearboxes and front fan. It extends them up the the ROPS and ending them up under the roof. Google “bayouownbeer” on Amazon.
The windshield is great but rather expensive, I considered the UTV 801 as well.
The snowplow has worked excellent, it got a good workout when I helped plow the local high school football field to prepare for state playoffs and championships game! No problems, I did remove the winch cable and replaced it with the KFI strap it works a lot better and saves the cable from so much wear and tear.
As I had posted read through everyone else’s “builds“ this will give you some ideas.
Thank you!!

Reactions: Rayger143
P

PDogRex

Supporting Member
Apr 19, 2022
Central MT.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Sorry my mistake on the vent kit, should be Bayouownbeer on EBay, and he is also a member on this site.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!