William

William

If you ain’t first, you’re last...
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Flowood MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well my poo-lan weed eater died today so I decided to try a good brand this time. I am absolutely amazed at how good this stihl feels in the hands and it runs so smooth! I felt like when I first got my p500. Just feels right.... hopefully it's as reliable as the Honda! Now I'm kinda hoping my echo blower will quit so I can replace it with a stihl also!!! LOL

IMG 7789 IMG 7790

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That's what I broke down and got last year. Tired of replacing weedeaters every couple years. Which model did you get? I got the FS90R. 4 stroke but still mix oil. Weighs alot less than most 4 strokes. Sucker will cut through anything.

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That's what I broke down and got last year. Tired of replacing weedeaters every couple years. Which model did you get? I got the FS90R. 4 stroke but still mix oil. Weighs alot less than most 4 strokes. Sucker will cut through anything.
Never mind. I finally blew up your picture and seen the model number. Nice

J

JTW

I've been considering the echo srm 225 weedeater.. used an fs85 for years and it's still going.. so I'm not sure that I should even switch.

O

oldfortyfive

Lifetime Member
Dec 6, 2015
Illinois
Ownership

1. 500
I run Echo for pretty much everything and have had no issues to speak of over the last 30 years. You guys may also want to check out the new high voltage battery trimmers and saws. I've got the Echo 58v trimmer and saw. You can actually hold a conversation while sawing. The batteries tend to last long than me.

Reactions: JTW and joeymt33
FuzzyGrub

FuzzyGrub

Sep 19, 2014
Rural NY
www.joefishin.com
Ownership

1. 500
I'm still leery of battery power for those type of implements, at least when/how I use mine. I doubt my Stihl chainsaw or Husky trimmer will need replacing anytime soon, so by time I need another there should be plenty of proof out there. ;)

Reactions: JTW
500oneer

500oneer

15,000 mile club
Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
Central PA
Ownership

1. 500
Honda makes four stroke wackers. I sort of wanted one but didn't want my chainsaw gas to go bad over the summer,so I bought a two smoker.

doolin64

doolin64

Oct 16, 2014
Nothing but good things to say about my Stihl equipment. I've got a BR55 backpack blower, FR55 Weed Wacker and an MS something Chainsaw. I had the exhaust modded on my saw. Nice power increase. Only issue I had is after 7 seasons, I had to clean the carbon off the spark arrester on my weed wacker.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

O

oldfortyfive

Lifetime Member
Dec 6, 2015
Illinois
Ownership

1. 500
I have no problem with Stihl, just have friend who is an Echo dealer . You guys really need to try one of the newer high voltage battery saws. They will really surprise you.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!