P1000 My New P1K5 in the shop electrical issues.

Stevo

Stevo

Apr 8, 2017
Illinois
Ownership

1. 1000-5
View attachment 125922
This is the current state of my machine
U should do a iTunes U video of what your basically new machine looks like so other potential pioneer buyers can see what they might be up against. I think Honda has a major quality control issue along with there r and d. You should be told in my opinion what number is attached to there reasonable time frame.. I think Honda was a better company 20 years ago then they are now. And doubt if I will ever buy another new product of there’s.

WOT-Outdoors

WOT-Outdoors

Supporting Member
Mar 26, 2019
Rochester NY
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Mine has kinda of fixed it's self!!!! One day when engaging low range I heard my tranny jump some teeth then engage
After that my indicator gauge seems to work. I have no issues with the drive mod it was only the gauge cluster

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

H

HondaTech

Man I've been deep inside a P1K and never had that much torn off one before.

Last edited:
Reactions: JTW
Sjc3081

Sjc3081

Jan 16, 2017
Wappinger NY
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I’m am fxxking pissed. I want a new machine and the dealer and Honda are saying no. I’ll realistically would be satisfied with a extra 48 month Honda Warranty. I doubt I’ll get anything.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I’m am fxxking pissed. I want a new machine and the dealer and Honda are saying no. I’ll realistically would be satisfied with a extra 48 month Honda Warranty. I doubt I’ll get anything.
Damn it dude.....:eek::eek:
This sucks!

D

dilligaff82

Jan 24, 2017
New Hampshire
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Rightfully so. Seems like a 48 month warranty would be the least they could do, especially after tearing that deep into your machine.
Mine had a similar problem. The indicator on the dash worked when it was new, and only stopped working after I had them adjust the drive mode cables during the 20hr service. I asked them to look at it when I brought it in for the clutch update, but I forgot to check their work when I picked it up from them and didn’t notice it was still not working till after my warranty was expired. I’ve tinkered around with adjustments a few times but no luck. As long as it actually shifts into the drive mode that I want it to I’ll just deal with it as is.

Sorry to hear you’re going through all this bulls***. I’d be irate.

Sjc3081

Sjc3081

Jan 16, 2017
Wappinger NY
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well the machine is repaired, 5/2/19 in the A.M. I should get it back. I haven’t found out what Honda will comp me. Today I ordered my Ricochet complete aluminum skid set and an Axon 45 winch kit. Next are some Blackwater Evos 27/9/12 and 27/11/12.

MMW

MMW

Sep 5, 2018
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Well the machine is repaired, 5/2/19 in the A.M. I should get it back. I haven’t found out what Honda will comp me. Today I ordered my Ricochet complete aluminum skid set and an Axon 45 winch kit. Next are some Blackwater Evos 27/9/12 and 27/11/12.
SJC read this thread to see a bit of what I went through.
P1000 - Speed Sensor trouble, will not shift
Call your SoS (Secretary of State) and find out if the lemon law covers your machine. My SoS told me that they believed my machine was covered (1000 Pioneer). The lemon law does not cover motorcycles and atvs but my state views UTVs as being covered. There are clearly stated rules as to how many days your machine has been in the shop and how many times it has been in the shop.
You have to have given the shop 3 attempts to fix the problem and the machine has to have been in the shop for a certain number of days (sorry I can't remember how many days that is. Mine had spent so much time in the shop it was ridiculous)
One important thing to consider......the machine has to be less than 2 years old, and still under warranty when the repairs were started to be covered by the lemon law.
You can't force them to give you a new machine but you can force them to give you your money back.
But you do have a bit of leverage when you threaten to use the lemon law. Once the lemon law has been invoked and the three attempts has not solved the issue, you can force them to take the machine back and give you your money back. The leverage you have, once they take the machine back, under the lemon law, they have to disclose, in writing to any new owner\buyer that the machine was returned under the lemon law. That reduces any resale price considerably.

Your state laws may differ. A call to you SoS will give you all the information you need. It is a really simple process to go through.
A couple of tips, keep good records of the dates the machine is in the shop (I did that by sending a text to the service manager any time I picked up the machine or dropped the machine off). Any settlement or accommodation you and the dealer come to.....get it in writing!

I hope this helps

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
SJC read this thread to see a bit of what I went through.
P1000 - Speed Sensor trouble, will not shift
Call your SoS (Secretary of State) and find out if the lemon law covers your machine. My SoS told me that they believed my machine was covered (1000 Pioneer). The lemon law does not cover motorcycles and atvs but my state views UTVs as being covered. There are clearly stated rules as to how many days your machine has been in the shop and how many times it has been in the shop.
You have to have given the shop 3 attempts to fix the problem and the machine has to have been in the shop for a certain number of days (sorry I can't remember how many days that is. Mine had spent so much time in the shop it was ridiculous)
One important thing to consider......the machine has to be less than 2 years old, and still under warranty when the repairs were started to be covered by the lemon law.
You can't force them to give you a new machine but you can force them to give you your money back.
But you do have a bit of leverage when you threaten to use the lemon law. Once the lemon law has been invoked and the three attempts has not solved the issue, you can force them to take the machine back and give you your money back. The leverage you have, once they take the machine back, under the lemon law, they have to disclose, in writing to any new owner\buyer that the machine was returned under the lemon law. That reduces any resale price considerably.

Your state laws may differ. A call to you SoS will give you all the information you need. It is a really simple process to go through.
A couple of tips, keep good records of the dates the machine is in the shop (I did that by sending a text to the service manager any time I picked up the machine or dropped the machine off). Any settlement or accommodation you and the dealer come to.....get it in writing!

I hope this helps
That’s great information!!!! :cool:

advertisement

0860silverado

Lifetime Member
May 25, 2017
louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3
View attachment 125922
This is the current state of my machine
JAAYZUSSS!!! Take as many pictures as you can. No way they'll get all those pieces put back together correctly. Maybe supply them with a box to put all the "extra parts" in when they finish. Sorry that you are going through this.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
JAAYZUSSS!!! Take as many pictures as you can. No way they'll get all those pieces put back together correctly. Maybe supply them with a box to put all the "extra parts" in when they finish. Sorry that you are going through this.
ROTFLMAO you big kidder you. You know how to make a fella feel good.....:D

Reactions: 0860silverado
D

dilligaff82

Jan 24, 2017
New Hampshire
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Did they tell you what it was that finally fixed it?

Sjc3081

Sjc3081

Jan 16, 2017
Wappinger NY
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yes rear differential. Picked it up today. Took it for a five mile run,so far all is well.

Reactions: dilligaff82

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!