P1000 My new pioneer 1000-5 forest

L

Laughlin74

Sep 23, 2022
Indiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Last week picked up my forest. Actually called around found one dealer that just unloaded it off truck. So I went straight there and wanted it. Had to wait on final assembly few days. Added the roof and satv flip up windshield myself. Looking to add more accessories. But after reading a lot sounds like I need to do the dual battery setup first. But I honestly have no clue what I all need. Any help appreciated.

5D0A19E5 3777 4C8B BA4B BEB7DD3A849C

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I need to do the dual battery setup first. But I honestly have no clue what I all need.
Welcome from Michigan!
nice rig!

use the search up top for your battery install. Its been discussed with pics at nausea on here.
most of your questions have been answered there. If your still stuck after that, then ask away!

Mark in Northern Iowa

Mark in Northern Iowa

Club Contributor
Oct 20, 2021
Floyd County, Iowa
kramnella.wixsite.com
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Howdy and welcome from Northern Iowa
Nice looking ride
A well explained dual battery hookup with parts required is from @RobSparre .
After reading through the thread and watching his video, you will be the expert.
Have a good day

Buggyman

Buggyman

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 3, 2020
ne. ohio
Ownership

1. 700-2
Last week picked up my forest. Actually called around found one dealer that just unloaded it off truck. So I went straight there and wanted it. Had to wait on final assembly few days. Added the roof and satv flip up windshield myself. Looking to add more accessories. But after reading a lot sounds like I need to do the dual battery setup first. But I honestly have no clue what I all need. Any help appreciated.

View attachment 357253
welcome from Ohio and nice buggy

S

SaltwaterSlick

Jul 20, 2022
Southeast Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I went with the mighty max and many others on here did as well... The odyssey has a higher ah rating, but the mighty max has performed flawlessly for me with the true idolator system. I didn't see the need to spend the money.
Welcome to the forum from SE Texas... When you get a chance, get on the introduction forum and post up some info and pics there for folks to get to know you a bit better...
Very welcoming group here and the knowledge base is beyond compare!

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5

View attachment 357253
Nice Buggy! Welcome from NW Arkansas!

T

tamillion

Oct 18, 2022
Houston Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hey. Just got the 1000-5 Forest myself. Did you have to do any modifications to make the SATV flip up windshield work? I was told it was not compatible with the OEM roof..... Thanks.

Bama-Daniel

Bama-Daniel

Lifetime Member
Feb 25, 2021
Priceville, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Welcome from North Alabama. As others have said check the club store. Lots of good products at good prices. Biggest thing I would suggest is search and read in this site. Tons of information. Rob‘s video will get you the info you need for a dual battery set up. Also club store has a key on plug that I used that I don’t think is mentioned in the video.

Reactions: Biteme
bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It's likely they fit and work well together. The key to arriving at that marriage is to loosen both roof and windshield mounts as they are both mounted to the same front top roll bar. Some of what I say is assumption, as I have an OEM windshield on my 21 SE (the SATV is not doubt better).

T

tamillion

Oct 18, 2022
Houston Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It's likely they fit and work well together. The key to arriving at that marriage is to loosen both roof and windshield mounts as they are both mounted to the same front top roll bar. Some of what I say is assumption, as I have an OEM windshield on my 21 SE (the SATV is not doubt better).
no doubt better or not better?

T

tamillion

Oct 18, 2022
Houston Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

View attachment 357253
Any issues getting the SATV windshield to work with the OEM roof?

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!