P700 My shot at a DIY roof panel

Memorypill

Memorypill

Mar 13, 2021
Maine
Ownership

1. 700-4
So I couldn’t get myself to cough up for an OEM Honda roof for my 700-4. I saw Waggintail’s diamond plate roof and wanted to see if I was able to make something similar. $108 later it’s not perfect but I like it.
FEC1006B 1128 489F 900F 98C9DF04C660

Memorypill

Memorypill

Mar 13, 2021
Maine
Ownership

1. 700-4
Looks good!! Where is you get black diamond plate from?
I did an order from

Since that photo I’ve had to put in a support across the front for wind from trailering.

The main issue with this set up is overall height. With the spare tire on the roof rack and lift/tires means there isn’t a branch you aren’t hitting.

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
I did an order from

Since that photo I’ve had to put in a support across the front for wind from trailering.

The main issue with this set up is overall height. With the spare tire on the roof rack and lift/tires means there isn’t a branch you aren’t hitting.
🤔.....time to look at chopping the top 😉 makes it look wheeeeeyyy better 👍

Memorypill

Memorypill

Mar 13, 2021
Maine
Ownership

1. 700-4
its held up well actually. I would do it a bit differently now but all in all it was well worth the money.

Reactions: CID
R

Reloder28

Oct 21, 2018
Deer Park, Tx
Ownership

1. 700-2
🤔.....time to look at chopping the top 😉 makes it look wheeeeeyyy better 👍
I purchased my 2018 700-2, brought it home to discover it was too tall for my garage door. Within two days I took it to the local fab shop and had the top chopped 6”. Now it fits my garage & my cargo trailer/camper/toy hauler. The trailer door has about two inches of clearance, but it works. And, it doesn’t look goofy & disproportionally tall anymore.

I am in the phase of my life that I am averse to concessions, so I do what needs to be done to make me happy with the project.

Last edited:

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!