P1000 My Tailgate Fix and Extension

Plowboy1466

Plowboy1466

Lifetime Member
Feb 11, 2018
Ashland, Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I know it's a OLD thread. I bought farmers longer cables a few years ago and they've been great until today. Thank goodness I can go back to these old topics and see what other peeps did. And l'm also glad that l'm a packrat and keep my old parts. Except for the sway bar......... worthless!!!!!
l had to drill a different hole but it works.
828CE177 10DF 49B2 964C 3F0BFA063550

Reactions: Lady01 and Buggyman
Farmer

Farmer

🚜🔨🚛🔧
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 22, 2014
Southern MO
Ownership

1. 700-2
One snapped while l was loading a tile saw into the back of my service truck. No biggie. They've definitely lived a hard life with me.

Must be LOL! That's the 1st I've heard of any breaking in all these years I've been selling them. I'd like to make it right and take care of you. Check your messages.....
I don't give warranties just because
1. Nobody's ever complained and
2. There's some people out there who can break just about anything......

Had one guy tell me he broke his Honda cables..... when I asked how, he said he was stuck in a water hole and had two buddies jumping up and down on the tailgate and.....it had a loaded cooler on it! 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

Last edited:
Wellzy

Wellzy

Dec 9, 2020
SW Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well, I was sitting at the tailgate in my garage watching a late movie, using the tailgate to eat my sammiches from, and I looked at the tailgate cable ends. I thought I would just try putting a washer in there and BINGO, it worked. One washer, the smallest that would go on was enough to make the shoulders of the bolt release pressure off of the eyelet so it can swivel freely.

IMG 0229

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!