My Touch Screen Setup for Honda Talon with Backup Camera, Music Control, Maps, MPH and more!!!

• Thread starter Reaction Offroad UTV
  • Start date
Reaction Offroad UTV

Reaction Offroad UTV

Feb 20, 2021
Colorado
youtube.com
Ownership

1. Talon X4
@SXS ADVENTURES - In your video, I see you have onX Offroad set up for navigation. When I go to choose a navigation app, that's not in the list. Can you link to navi apps that are not in the list that pops up? Have onX, OruxMaps and a few others - have not decided which one I want to use, but not all are in their list.

Oh, and it's from Russia (.ru). What could possibly go wrong? LOL
The way it worked for me, it let me pick my own apps to link to it. It wasn't OnX from a prepopulated list. It was my own app

Reactions: CID and Biteme
Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
The way it worked for me, it let me pick my own apps to link to it. It wasn't OnX from a prepopulated list. It was my own app
Yea, I finally figured that one out ... 😜

The only navi apps that are *integrated* are those in the dropdown when setting up NAVI from the settings menu.

I *believe* that the few "integrated" navi apps will work with displaying the directional arrows and such right on the main Agama launcher screen (when the navi app is in the background or something).

Reactions: Biteme
G

grizzly660fan

Jul 17, 2017
Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Nice you gave me some new ideas, thank you!

We have a Pioneer 1000-5 and I already use an 8" Android tablet in a similar way that fits exactly where I wanted it on our dash but I set ours up in 2018 and wasn't aware of the magnet mount idea. I got a ruggedized type case and put velcro on the dash and back of the tablet case to accomplish the same thing.

I use Avenza (free) for mapping because I am able to find free maps of where we ride in Utah and Idaho in the Avenza store and they are also free. Nothing against Gaia just prefer Avenza and thought I would share that option out there for those that might be curious of mapping options.

We do a lot of really long all day type rides and I power the tablet with a 12 volt connection. This allows me to keep the screen alive and not going to sleep every 5 minutes like on battery power.

Thanks again for the ideas!

Reaction Offroad UTV

Reaction Offroad UTV

Feb 20, 2021
Colorado
youtube.com
Ownership

1. Talon X4
Nice you gave me some new ideas, thank you!

We have a Pioneer 1000-5 and I already use an 8" Android tablet in a similar way that fits exactly where I wanted it on our dash but I set ours up in 2018 and wasn't aware of the magnet mount idea. I got a ruggedized type case and put velcro on the dash and back of the tablet case to accomplish the same thing.

I use Avenza (free) for mapping because I am able to find free maps of where we ride in Utah and Idaho in the Avenza store and they are also free. Nothing against Gaia just prefer Avenza and thought I would share that option out there for those that might be curious of mapping options.

We do a lot of really long all day type rides and I power the tablet with a 12 volt connection. This allows me to keep the screen alive and not going to sleep every 5 minutes like on battery power.

Thanks again for the ideas!
Nice! I power mine from the 12V USB adapter and make sure its set to "Screen Always On" and good to go! But yeah, check out the magnets. They work great! :)

Reactions: Biteme and JenElio
gauspohl4305

gauspohl4305

Supporting Member
Aug 25, 2020
Kentucky
Ownership

1. Talon X
Awesome write up and video, are you able to incorporate the LifeTime Trail maps app into it?

Reactions: Biteme

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!