Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
The
@Bcavin351 isn't that what you bought? If so it'll work fine. Any of the Samsung tablets will work.
The Tab S, Tab S Lite, and Tab A tablets work well. Tab A Lite, not really recommended.

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
I used it all week at take over running ORUX and I didn't have any issues. The battery last all day running maps and music.
A couple others reported issues, but if it works for you, I'll just chalk it up to THEIR ignorance! :)

Reactions: Backwoods
KyGal83

KyGal83

Duchess Sheldon, Daisy, KGB, Natasha, SNS
Lifetime Member
Feb 3, 2021
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 500
Alrighty fellas.. Life is finally letting me get back around to this.

I have the tablet, a case.. now trying to find the best mounting location. I am not a fan of mounting it to the dash. I would like to mount in above my head in front of me on the cross ROPS bar, red box in the picture is approximately. Is there a mount out there that I can do this with?

Any suggestions.. or thoughts?

IMG 8523

Reactions: Rayger143
KyGal83

KyGal83

Lifetime Member
Feb 3, 2021
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 500
I have a passing thought of using the same arm that comes with the rear view mirror. Mounting a ram mount on that so.. I can adjust the angle. Is that unrealistic?

IMG 8521

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
I have a passing thought of using the same arm that comes with the rear view mirror. Mounting a ram mount on that so.. I can adjust the angle. Is that unrealistic?

View attachment 420365
You mean using the arm and modifying it to mount the RAM mount or using that little socket for the RAM Mount?

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
I want to start venturing out more with my P5. Looking for advice on a navigation setup for it. Starting completely from scratch here. I know many of you have tablets and use maps. I looked at a couple of setups at TO.

Do you care to share your setups? Offer advice on a tablet, apps, maps, mounts for inside the P5. Everything I currently own is Apple based. This will be used exclusively for riding so not opposed to Android for this. I am not a complete novice.. I have been using Garmin Explore for Jeep navigation wheeling on trails & county roads and mapping some on a local lake. I like that I do not need cell service to run it. Can anyone offer some advice?

@lee @The Green Goat @TripleB @JACKAL @Hondasxs @Tramguage1 ANYONE?

(@Remington .. Already did a search. Read that info. Looking for more. ;))
Sorry I missed you tagging me in this months ago. I am still using a 2018 Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" 32GB which had USB C -cutting edge for it release year. Software I purchased Lifetime Trail Maps in spring of 2019 and it updates for free every year. I have used it all over in TN, WV, UT, CO and has always been spot on. My humble opinion the LTM software for $260 is a bargain for an all in one solution that just works for the costs.

That said will a little research you can source files and maps for the areas you ride for free and they will run in ORUXMAPS app that LTM is based of of at no cost beyond your time. However, when was the last time the files for free were updated, will they take you to closed trails or private property? Just food for thought.

Now fast forward to 2024 - Tablet have changed big time, still the best there is are the Samsung Galaxy series from a GPS and performance standpoint, especially if you are going to use the tablet to concurrently as a GPS and stream music via Bluetooth to speaker / soundbar etc. These are my picks, note the current A7 & A8 models are sub par for GPS, they will work just nothing like those linked below. downside is tablets have grown in screen size and the better ones start at 11" easier to read but big in a P500 dash area.

Galaxy Tab A9 11" $199:

Galaxy Tab S9 FE 11" $449:

Bought my wife the above back in November, she loves it, very fast plenty of storage 128GB + 1TB with SD Card The S9 FE will be my replacement tablet for my aging 2018 model mentioned above which can still be had for around $199 64GB but its showing its age and no longer gets OS or security updates FYI:

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

View attachment 420365
Here is what I use attached to Roll Bar:

And attach this adjustable Tablet holder been using this on 3 SXS since 2019

KyGal83

KyGal83

Lifetime Member
Feb 3, 2021
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 500
You mean using the arm and modifying it to mount the RAM mount or using that little socket for the RAM Mount?
Sort of.. I have looked at several of the RAM mounts that would fit around the bar, reviews say they tend to move. I was thinking of adding the socket to the arm, it is attached to a Honda clamp. I used the same clamps to mount my JBL extreme speaker.

Reactions: JenElio
KyGal83

KyGal83

Lifetime Member
Feb 3, 2021
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 500
Reactions: JenElio
KyGal83

KyGal83

Lifetime Member
Feb 3, 2021
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 500
Sorry I missed you tagging me in this months ago. I am still using a 2018 Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" 32GB which had USB C -cutting edge for it release year. Software I purchased Lifetime Trail Maps in spring of 2019 and it updates for free every year. I have used it all over in TN, WV, UT, CO and has always been spot on. My humble opinion the LTM software for $260 is a bargain for an all in one solution that just works for the costs.

That said will a little research you can source files and maps for the areas you ride for free and they will run in ORUXMAPS app that LTM is based of of at no cost beyond your time. However, when was the last time the files for free were updated, will they take you to closed trails or private property? Just food for thought.

Now fast forward to 2024 - Tablet have changed big time, still the best there is are the Samsung Galaxy series from a GPS and performance standpoint, especially if you are going to use the tablet to concurrently as a GPS and stream music via Bluetooth to speaker / soundbar etc. These are my picks, note the current A7 & A8 models are sub par for GPS, they will work just nothing like those linked below. downside is tablets have grown in screen size and the better ones start at 11" easier to read but big in a P500 dash area.

Galaxy Tab A9 11" $199:

Galaxy Tab S9 FE 11" $449:

Bought my wife the above back in November, she loves it, very fast plenty of storage 128GB + 1TB with SD Card The S9 FE will be my replacement tablet for my aging 2018 model mentioned above which can still be had for around $199 64GB but its showing its age and no longer gets OS or security updates FYI:

Thank you for the info! 11 is definitely a bit much real estate to give up in a P5. But the info is very handy for the Jeep Wheelin. I will prolly order a bigger tablet for that.

I have the Samsung A7, I got it for a steal of $68 on Black Friday.

Reactions: JenElio and JACKAL
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Reactions: KyGal83
KyGal83

KyGal83

Lifetime Member
Feb 3, 2021
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 500

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!