P1000 Mystery Wire

C

c10bonanza

Sep 25, 2017
Oklahoma
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hi everyone. New 2017 1000-5 Deluxe owner. I’m trying to install a Terra 45 Superwinch on KFI mount. I’m a bit stumped on the wiring. I was looking for a place to tap into the accessory key on lines without splicing. My 1000 has an unused cable (see pics). The dealer is clueless as to what this is for.

Can anyone shed some light on what this unused electric cable is for? Can I attach my winch in/out switch to it?

594ADDAF 6701 45E1 A3D7 2A825BEF915C 71822160 8AD3 4BCC A3CD 719A3BD9F395

C

c10bonanza

Sep 25, 2017
Oklahoma
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Might check your manual but I do believe this is an extra wire that is run to ground for winch hook up. Honda started doing this on the 17 models

Thanks - I looked but didn’t see anything. No one at the Honda dealer had a clue.

So this isn’t a powered cable? Instead, it’s just an alternative grounding wire?

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Correct, if you look thru my recent posts, I posted a screen shot of the grounding location on 16's and 17's with the ground wire.

Reactions: c10bonanza
C

c10bonanza

Sep 25, 2017
Oklahoma
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Correct, if you look thru my recent posts, I posted a screen shot of the grounding location on 16's and 17's with the ground wire.

Thanks. I’m new to this forum but will try to track your posts down!

S

Someguy

Jun 15, 2016
Krakow Wi.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Hi everyone. New 2017 1000-5 Deluxe owner. I’m trying to install a Terra 45 Superwinch on KFI mount. I’m a bit stumped on the wiring. I was looking for a place to tap into the accessory key on lines without splicing. My 1000 has an unused cable (see pics). The dealer is clueless as to what this is for.

Can anyone shed some light on what this unused electric cable is for? Can I attach my winch in/out switch to it?

View attachment 55183 View attachment 55184
There are two ways to tap into accessory wire that easy. One is to plug a wire between the accessory fuse leg and fuse block terminal, make sure it is on the out side of the fuse so the power has to go thru the fuse. or go to auto parts store an get a add a circuit Fuse holder that plugs into fuse block that holds a fuse that has a wire to it that you can run the wire from accesory to winch. I just plugged a wire behind fuse, works fine. If you use the fuse holder you might have to modify the fuse block cover for clearance. hope that helps.

S

Someguy

Jun 15, 2016
Krakow Wi.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
There are two ways to tap into accessory wire that easy. One is to plug a wire between the accessory fuse leg and fuse block terminal, make sure it is on the out side of the fuse so the power has to go thru the fuse. or go to auto parts store an get a add a circuit Fuse holder that plugs into fuse block that holds a fuse that has a wire to it that you can run the wire from accesory to winch. I just plugged a wire behind fuse, works fine. If you use the fuse holder you might have to modify the fuse block cover for clearance. hope that helps.
I believe the proper name for the fuse holder is a automotive fuse tap. The mystery wire as others have said is for a ground. Just ground directly to neg. Terminal on the battery.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!