Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Anyone have any experience with Napa batteries?
Only batteries we run in the fleet, good batteries. Battery Outfitter is good, but you need to watch which group size they sell you, my original lasted four years, the one from BO lasted two, wrong size group.

C

coleman4868

Only batteries we run in the fleet, good batteries. Battery Outfitter is good, but you need to watch which group size they sell you, my original lasted four years, the one from BO lasted two, wrong size group.
What size group am I looking for? My factory battery is a gyz16h, the Napa battery has a 14 in the number. My last pioneer, I ordered a battery with a 14 in the numbers, and it half the size of the original. But when looking up part numbers, they all call for batteries with a 14.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
What size group am I looking for? My factory battery is a gyz16h, the Napa battery has a 14 in the number. My last pioneer, I ordered a battery with a 14 in the numbers, and it half the size of the original. But when looking up part numbers, they all call for batteries with a 14.
Do some checking? There will be some expert battery member experts by in a little.

Mopower58

Mopower58

CST is the Best!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2017
Crystal Springs,Ms.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Call your local napa, the counter guys get paid to figure out what battery you need.

Just confirm polarity before hooking up. Recently another member installed a battery with the posts reversed and smoked a 20 fuse.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Call your local napa, the counter guys get paid to figure out what battery you need.

Just confirm polarity before hooking up. Recently another member installed a battery with the posts reversed and smoked a 20 fuse.
I was on the Club Store site today and reading about the dual battery config and mixing the pri. lead batt with the second lith. battery, if @Hondasxs sees this he can shed some knowledgeable insight into this.

JMynes

JMynes

Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2021
Augusta, Maine
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Power sports batteries are a PITA to figure out. I usually take the ‘bad’ battery to Sam’s Club and start opening boxes to compare.
The numbers on the battery don’t seem to correlate between brands, nor do they indicate physical size.

C

coleman4868

advertisement
SILVER_ALERT

SILVER_ALERT

HONDA SXS Club Flounder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 6, 2016
Route 66 Oklahoma
Ownership

1. 500
If they have a Batteries plus Bulbs in your area, you might try them. They carry powersports batteries. I have their AGM batteries in 2 cars and one pickup, and have had no problems with them.

C

coleman4868

Power sports batteries are a PITA to figure out. I usually take the ‘bad’ battery to Sam’s Club and start opening boxes to compare.
The numbers on the battery don’t seem to correlate between brands, nor do they indicate physical size.
I was hoping to find a replacement without taking the original out. But it’s looking like that’s what I’ll have to do.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!