Narrower Tires on the Front

Lynn

Lynn

Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
Yakima,WA
Why do the manufacturers, in this case Honda put narrower tires on the front ? My opinion is that it makes the UTV or ATV steer easier, but I don't know if that's the reason or not. Has anyone talked to a factory rep or engineer and know for sure why they do that. It seems everybody wants wider tires on the front because the narrow ones; sink in the snow and mud, so everybody buys new tires and rims. Why doesn't Honda or any manufacturers make a UTV or ATV with the same size tires all around? It's a great deal for aftermarket suppliers. This ought to be a good discussion topic. Give me your thoughts.

bigc

bigc

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 16, 2013
its like you said lynn its for easier steering and less front end wear and tear

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!