NE Alabama Riders?

Daolin

Daolin

Nov 27, 2016
Florida
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Are there any people on here that ride around the FOrt PAyne, Mentone, Desoto Park ALabama areas?

We are heading up there in June and are looking for places to ride. We will be trekking over to Highland Park in Georgia but was hoping there'd be someone somewhat local that might know of some other places?

Thanks

Reactions: drfubar and sharp
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Busted Knuckle Off Road Park Stevenson, AL
The Ridge, Springville, Al
Stoney Lonesome, Cullman,Al

Reactions: sharp
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Possibly me too!

(Delton) "I HATE light scratches too. Makes me think I left some fun on the table. So I go back out there and cover them up with deep scratches. Works every time lol."

Reactions: ohanacreek
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
May want to look at top trails also.

Unless they have made MAJOR improvements in the last 12-18 months I would avoid it. They closed the good trails because of disputes with neighbors.

Daolin

Daolin

Nov 27, 2016
Florida
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I'm fairly positive I could meet y'all at any of the three given enough warning.

Busted Knuckle Off Road Park Stevenson, AL
The Ridge, Springville, Al
Stoney Lonesome, Cullman,Al
Thanks for the response!
Are there any local roads or anything else that you may know of around Fort Payne, Mentone, Dekalb county?

We did plan on hitting Stony LOnesome and probably Highland Park, but was just looking for even just leisure riding in Dekalb county.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks for the response!
Are there any local roads or anything else that you may know of around Fort Payne, Mentone, Dekalb county?

We did plan on hitting Stony LOnesome and probably Highland Park, but was just looking for even just leisure riding in Dekalb county.

Not sure about that police generally frown upon it. I have been harassed in Talladega National Forest for being on a dirt road.

Busted Knuckle is RIGHT there within maybe 30mins of Fort Payne, Stoney is probably at least 90mins

advertisement
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I want to give Busted Knuckle a try soon. 600+ acres with some pretty knarly stuff available. It's roughly 45 mins from me (bout the same distance as Coalmont).

Daolin

Daolin

Nov 27, 2016
Florida
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Not sure about that police generally frown upon it. I have been harassed in Talladega National Forest for being on a dirt road.

Busted Knuckle is RIGHT there within maybe 30mins of Fort Payne, Stoney is probably at least 90mins

Thanks for your input. SO I think we are going to do Stony Loneysome one day, The Ridge and Highland Park. Busted Knuckle sounds fun, but my wife probably doesnt want to attempt a lot of rock crawling although Id love to try it out. We only have a stock P1000-5 so Im just not sure how it would do there?

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks for your input. SO I think we are going to do Stony Loneysome one day, The Ridge and Highland Park. Busted Knuckle sounds fun, but my wife probably doesnt want to attempt a lot of rock crawling although Id love to try it out. We only have a stock P1000-5 so Im just not sure how it would do there?

Sounds good let us know as soon as you can , I'll make sure I have a free day.

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Busted Knuckle's FB page says they have all kinds of different trails not just rock crawling. Soon as I get mine repaired I'll check it out and give a report on it. And don't sell your stock rig short. They are very capable right out of the crate. But personally I'd make sure it was snorkeled, winched, and had a skid plate before anything too crazy lol. Hopefully we can ride together soon. Love meeting new Pioneer people.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Busted Knuckle is only open at certain times. Call before you haul.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!