BOX1

Need a list of site issue/problems/concerns!!!

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
If I Copy Image from the SmugMug site, I can't control the size, I'll get the full photo, some of which are huge. SM lets me choose only if I choose a size and then click on Copy JPeg URL (on the left). If I drag and drop from my desktop, I'll also get the full photo. Resizing all my pics before uploading means I have to keep a separate folder with all those resized photos, a PITA (BTDT, failed miserably).

I 9PnFk7m X2

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
Well, you have it figured out so I'll have another look. 👍

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well, you have it figured out so I'll have another look. 👍
Just right clicke on the image... then COPY IMAGE.
Then past here.
See what happens.
Dont worry about size. The site will downsize to 1000x1000 max.

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
Just right clicke on the image... then COPY IMAGE.
Then past here.
See what happens.
Dont worry about size. The site will downsize to 1000x1000 max.
That's what I needed to know. 👍 I did not go up this, maybe someday. :eek:

Reactions: ChadD
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So it worked?

I did find a problem with this exercise I need to check on.
One of your images (when downloaded) was only 300kb.
When I uploaded it, the site made it 800kb.
But when I copy/paste the same image, it was only 150kb.

• Wow
Reactions: Coeus and ChadD
CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
So it worked?

I did find a problem with this exercise I need to check on.
One of your images (when downloaded) was only 300kb.
When I uploaded it, the site made it 800kb.
But when I copy/paste the same image, it was only 150kb.
It worked - right click, Copy Image / Paste (ctrl V).

I'm a total luddite when it comes to software, good luck. If you want to post that pic, I can confirm that it works for me. There are one or two that I can't get to post more than a thumbnail (including other sites), no matter how hard I try.

Reactions: Mudwing and ChadD
PJon

PJon

Lifetime Member
Dec 9, 2020
Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ok, waking up this morning got a change on the site thats throwing me for a loop lol!
I use the dark theam since it was introduced but this red had to go! Lol its Psychedelic and I can’t read it. try like neon green or something.

View attachment 254391
The system doesn't work well on iPhones or iPads. Once you read something, you can't go back with your back or forward arrows because you can't find them. Also, if you're reading a certain page you can't just go to a certain page number, you have to skip ahead 2 pages at a time while waiting for a refresh. For example, if you're reading page 35 in general discussion, you can't pick up where you left off the next day and go directly to page 35. You have to start at page 1; hit page 3; then 5; then 7 etc; until you get to the desired page.

Reactions: Worse1
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
There are one or two that I can't get to post more than a thumbnail (including other sites), no matter how hard I try.
Post link to it... Not image link. The SM link.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
I saw a very long post of a bunch of dudes in the Meme Thread. That wasn’t very appealing. I’m thinking Jackal’s private collection got leaked out in there by accident.
hey $20 is, $20. Tires don't buy themselves 🤑

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
Reactions: Hondasxs
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The system doesn't work well on iPhones or iPads. Once you read something, you can't go back with your back or forward arrows because you can't find them.
I have tired to re-produce your issue with no luck on my firends i-phone.
Anyone have an i-phone that can reproduce the browser buttons going away on the site? I need some help figuring it out.

Also, if you're reading a certain page you can't just go to a certain page number, you have to skip ahead 2 pages at a time while waiting for a refresh. For example, if you're reading page 35 in general discussion, you can't pick up where you left off the next day and go directly to page 35. You have to start at page 1; hit page 3; then 5; then 7 etc; until you get to the desired page.
This is partly as designed. It want pick up where you left off. It will only Skip to UNREAD if you select that.
BUT.. you can (Click here see image), then enter your page #.

• Haha
Reactions: Mudwing
CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
The system doesn't work well on iPhones or iPads. Once you read something, you can't go back with your back or forward arrows because you can't find them. Also, if you're reading a certain page you can't just go to a certain page number, you have to skip ahead 2 pages at a time while waiting for a refresh. For example, if you're reading page 35 in general discussion, you can't pick up where you left off the next day and go directly to page 35. You have to start at page 1; hit page 3; then 5; then 7 etc; until you get to the desired page.

Anyone have an i-phone that can reproduce the browser buttons going away on the site? I need some help figuring it out.

This is partly as designed. It want pick up where you left off. It will only Skip to UNREAD if you select that.
View attachment 256192
I can page forward or back on an iPad Air II with the arrows in the upper left corner.

Coeus

Coeus

The General
Lifetime Member
Dec 9, 2019
Signal Mountain, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5

View attachment 256192
That is the behavior on iPhone for all websites. Generally if you tap on the bottom of your phone screen it will pop up along with the address bar.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: CID
Worse1

Worse1

Jul 14, 2020
Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Same here. Please fix. Thx!

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!