P1000 Need a real roll Cage 2017 1000- 5 Deluxe

D

deej54

Jun 5, 2021
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hi, a bought a used 2017 1000 5 with the rear roll cage removed by original owner. I need to find one to make things safer for grandkids riding in the back seats. Please let me know if you have one for sale or can pass me on to one. I live in Winnipeg Canada and am willing to pay for shipping.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Living in Canada, your better off going to your dealer or a dealer and ordering one. or if you cant fabricate, try and find a fabricator to make you a custom one.
shipping cost and time to get it to you will be crazy From the states.

slowdryrider

slowdryrider

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 14, 2013
Canada
On and off chance try calling a few of the Dealers around the area. Never know what they might have sitting around or even know of someone who has removed there's. I can name a few Dealers around seeing I'm just North of you.

D

deej54

Jun 5, 2021
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Living in Canada, your better off going to your dealer or a dealer and ordering one. or if you cant fabricate, try and find a fabricator to make you a custom one.
shipping cost and time to get it to you will be crazy From the states.
Hey thanks for the reply. The dealer price is crazy expensive so that is why I am putting it out there on this site. I think paying someone who has removed their cage and wants some cash for it plus shipping and paying in US dollars still might be cheaper. So I am hoping it might happen or maybe a Canadian will see the my post.
I have looked on the partzilla site and they will ship from their US and come in cheaper than a Canadian dealer price but still expensive.
I am going to check with a local weld shop and see if they will take it on.

D

deej54

Jun 5, 2021
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Ownership

1. 1000-5
On and off chance try calling a few of the Dealers around the area. Never know what they might have sitting around or even know of someone who has removed there's. I can name a few Dealers around seeing I'm just North of you.
Hey thanks for replying. I got a quote from the dealer in Selkirk... really expensive. I think they would all be similar... they just check on the Honda parts website. Sure would be great if I could find someone close who has removed theirs.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Hey thanks for the reply. The dealer price is crazy expensive so that is why I am putting it out there on this site. I think paying someone who has removed their cage and wants some cash for it plus shipping and paying in US dollars still might be cheaper. So I am hoping it might happen or maybe a Canadian will see the my post.
I have looked on the partzilla site and they will ship from their US and come in cheaper than a Canadian dealer price but still expensive.
Sounds like u got it handled. I wish u luck friend. let us know what happens! 👍

TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Check rockymountainatvmc.com because they are normally cheaper than partzilla.com.

Last edited:
bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Can't blame you for trying, I would if I was in your position. However, I'd guess most -5 owners, even if they remove their rear roll bar for some reason, would hang on to it in case they ever sell the machine. Most buyers for the -5 probably want the option of using the rear seats, otherwise they'd get the -3. Curious, did the seller tell you why it was removed and what he did with it?

Rayger143

Rayger143

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 5, 2020
Winfield, BC Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Try Motosport also. You can look up oem parts and it will give you the price in CDN. Less than half the cost of getting factory parts from my local dealer in Kelowna BC. Shipping is very reasonable. Good luck.

Reactions: Biteme
P1K5Dave

P1K5Dave

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 11, 2020
Petoskey, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
A fabricated back-end will not only likely be cheaper, it'll definitely be stronger and offer better protection for your little ones. As a bonus, a strong rear bar will probably help reduce the collapse of the front cage as well.

advertisement
ClayWelder

ClayWelder

Lifetime Member
Nov 4, 2021
Atlanta, GA
Ownership

1. 1000-3
IF you still need the rear ROPS bars, I have a set down here in Atlanta, GA.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!