P1000 Need assembly pic of axle boot pls

txsurfer

txsurfer

Sep 2, 2016
Santa Fe , TX
Ownership

1. 1000-5
finishing up putting my driver side rear axle back together and need to verify where on band the small inner band. Looks like there are two options and I think the passenger and driver sides are diff lengths so dont want to use that for a ref. If someone can pop a pic of this I'd much app it..

ghost

ghost

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2015
BC
I got factory on the left -outer and inner pics. All Balls on the right.
IMG 3515 IMG 3516 IMG 3517

Reactions: AKRider
ghost

ghost

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2015
BC
No problem.
Not sure what you meant about the second notch. I put a bit of oil it so you can see better. In this pic there are 2 notches visible
IMG 3519

Reactions: AKRider
txsurfer

txsurfer

Sep 2, 2016
Santa Fe , TX
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I just wasn't sure if it banded by the taper or further down the shaft

Reactions: ghost
txsurfer

txsurfer

Sep 2, 2016
Santa Fe , TX
Ownership

1. 1000-5
BTW went to my local Honda shop no axle snap ring or O-ring ( the one by wheel bearing) on hand. Any issue with re-using these items? Machine only has 300 miles and neither is damaged.

ghost

ghost

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2015
BC
BTW went to my local Honda shop no axle snap ring or O-ring ( the one by wheel bearing) on hand. Any issue with re-using these items? Machine only has 300 miles and neither is damaged.
I'm no expert but I reused mine too.
My dealer would probably be charging $20 a piece for those items.:mad:

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!