P1000 23' Trail Front Axle

Rocksteady2246

Rocksteady2246

Mar 25, 2023
Ohio
Ownership

1. Looking to buy

2. 1000-5
I'm looking for recommendations for an aftermarket axle for a 23' Trail 1000-5. I had ordered SUPERATV Rhino axles for the LE with i4wd. The axles fit in the front differential but the splines are too large to fit in the hubs. I can't find anything. I have a TTC 3" lift. Thanks.

20230708 085312

H

HondaTech

I'm looking for recommendations for an aftermarket axle for a 23' Trail 1000-5. I had ordered SUPERATV Rhino axles for the LE with i4wd. The axles fit in the front differential but the splines are too large to fit in the hubs. I can't find anything. I have a TTC 3" lift. Thanks.

View attachment 395971
Probably not going to find anything for awhile since they changed the spline size in 2022.

Rocksteady2246

Rocksteady2246

Mar 25, 2023
Ohio
Ownership

1. Looking to buy

2. 1000-5
What he👆 said......too new for any aftermarket axles I think.

🤔...looks like you could use some ball joints too...
Balljoints are good, off if a 3/4 ton truck I believe. I'm debating buying hubs off of an older model and seeing if they fit on my 23'. Rhino axles should fit if that's the case

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X

View attachment 395971
You need to send a PM to @SuperATV with your issue. Hes real good at getting to the bottom of your situation with there products.
Having a lift with arched arms is also an issue in your situation.
U can use stock length axels but u stand the possibility of busting them. I personally am not a fan of bracket lifts. Had one, changes your suspension geometry and other things giving u more ware and tear on certain parts

Rocksteady2246

Rocksteady2246

Mar 25, 2023
Ohio
Ownership

1. Looking to buy

2. 1000-5
Welp...good to know. We'll have to cut the fitment for the 2023+ LE front axles. I think OE is going to be the only option for now.
I emailed SUPERATV and my return was accepted. I did order hubs from a 2018 on ebay. I am going to see if I can use the hubs on a 2023 and if so, if I can use the Rhino axles.

Rocksteady2246

Rocksteady2246

Mar 25, 2023
Ohio
Ownership

1. Looking to buy

2. 1000-5
So, the Rhino axles do work on a 23 model. They just require some persuasion from a rubber mallet. They were so tight when I tried to install them before, I was afraid to break something. What I did that worked was removing the hub from the knuckle, installing the axles, then installing the hub onto the axle and simultaneously into the knuckle with a rubber mallet. Sorry for the confusion, the Limeted Edition axles do work on a 23 Trail.

20230722 182307

H

HondaTech

So, the Rhino axles do work on a 23 model. They just require some persuasion from a rubber mallet. They were so tight when I tried to install them before, I was afraid to break something. What I did that worked was removing the hub from the knuckle, installing the axles, then installing the hub onto the axle and simultaneously into the knuckle with a rubber mallet. Sorry for the confusion, the Limeted Edition axles do work on a 23 Trail.

View attachment 396809

Did you use the nut from an older model?
Honda increased the thread size in 2022.

Reactions: Scoop and Smitty335

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!