PaulF

PaulF

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
Lifetime Member
Jul 1, 2019
Utah
Ownership

1. Talon R
Is this a sub trans IGR that reduces low and reverse only? Do you know of a way to communicate with RBE other than Facebook?
No, this is at the primary drive (clutch) and reduces everything. The OP asked about regaining top speed with bigger tires so he would need to reduce high to do that.

As far as the sub-trans reduction, I have been watching another forum and the guy has been waiting months for parts from the Morris brothers. They are having some sort of "supply issues". The guy grenaded his sub-trans and had to cobble it together to get back on the trail. He only has high gear and still waiting for his parts from Zach. As you stated in another thread, you refuse to do business with the Morris brothers and now I see why :)

Reactions: CID and Montecresto
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
No, this is at the primary drive (clutch) and reduces everything. The OP asked about regaining top speed with bigger tires so he would need to reduce high to do that.
I see, thanks Paul. I’m still awaiting the arrival of a sub trans IGR., and yeah from somewhere other than them...

Just keeping hope alive...😊👍

M

McCarthy

Aug 13, 2020
Canada
Ownership

1. Talon X
Same here. Imagine a wreck at 70 in a SXS......

View attachment 260754

You're 100% right, but that's the case with a lot of motorsport stuff... Just a risk you have to be willing to live with, or sell the thing. I used to spend a LOT of time on track (road course time attack) and people were so paranoid about it, and while I get it, 160mph down the front straight into a 35mph corner is sketchy even with brand new high temp fluid, full depth pads and such, where if you're brakes failed you're into a concrete wall at 150+ mph, (read: insta death) but it's part of the risk. I will not live in a bubble my whole life and if it costs me it is what it is.

Even something like some of the insanely steep skiing we used to do, there were zones that if you fell, you were dead. Talk about living on the edge, the feeling of doing 80mph in a side by side is childs play compared to the knowledge that you slip one ski once and it's a long ride over some nasty rocks and off a 1500ft cliff onto more rocks...

Reactions: Hometeam
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
You're 100% right, but that's the case with a lot of motorsport stuff... Just a risk you have to be willing to live with, or sell the thing.
Nah, it’s an off road vehicle, not built for asphalt at those speeds and lacks all the safety equipment that vehicles built for asphalt at those speeds have. We all bought them for the trail and that’s where they shine....😎

Reactions: Blownzuki
M

McCarthy

Aug 13, 2020
Canada
Ownership

1. Talon X
Nah, it’s an off road vehicle, not built for asphalt at those speeds and lacks all the safety equipment that vehicles built for asphalt at those speeds have. We all bought them for the trail and that’s where they shine....😎

We can't ride on asphalt at all, but regularly see speed limiter on the fast roads that intersect trails.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4

As far as the sub-trans reduction, I have been watching another forum and the guy has been waiting months for parts from the Morris brothers. They are having some sort of "supply issues". The guy grenaded his sub-trans and had to cobble it together to get back on the trail. He only has high gear and still waiting for his parts from Zach. As you stated in another thread, you refuse to do business with the Morris brothers and now I see why :)
Reduction Boss tells me that IGR for sub trans isn’t possible, so I’m going for overall reduction of 25%

Reactions: Blownzuki

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!