Need help finding stronger front upper and lower control arms and rear lower control arms

amelung45x

amelung45x

Nov 20, 2020
Chillicothe, Ohio
Ownership

1. Talon X
Hey everyone,

I was just curious if anyone knew where I could find stronger than factory front upper and lower control arms and rear lower control arms for a talon 1000x. Since i'm prone to breaking stuff, I might as well get the best bang for my buck. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Vondy

Vondy

Lifetime Member
Mar 10, 2015
Houston,OH
Ownership

1. Talon X4
L and w fab. Great product and customer service.
One ride and I had bends in my front and rear lowers. Swapped to l and w and no issues since. I did not do front uppers.

PaulF

PaulF

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
Lifetime Member
Jul 1, 2019
Utah
Ownership

1. Talon R
One ride and I had bends in my front and rear lowers. Swapped to l and w and no issues since. I did not do front uppers.
^^^ What he said. Their stuff is heavy duty!

You may also want to consider a frame stiffener for the front...

Reactions: Blownzuki
SLOWPOKE693

SLOWPOKE693

Supporting Member
Mar 10, 2020
Somewhere in Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
I'd go with the SATV front arms and their frame stiffener kit. I like their arms because of the camber adjustability feature of the lowers. Most companies arms are fixed, so if its a little off you are stuck with it.

Their frame stiffener kit is also a must have. I use one on my racecar. :cool:

Vondy

Vondy

Lifetime Member
Mar 10, 2015
Houston,OH
Ownership

1. Talon X4
I purchased the superatv arms first and did not care for them. I had one arm adjusted nearly all the way in and the other significantly out to get camber right. I also felt the 1 inch forward offset(the reason I chose them) made steering harder.

I bought L&W and put them right on and camber was great. Also noticed the L & W had much higher clearance than the SuperATV arms. With Super ATV arms you also have to buy the bushings separate or swap from stock arms. From what I have heard, swapping is not an enjoyable experience.

Reactions: TripleB
amelung45x

amelung45x

Nov 20, 2020
Chillicothe, Ohio
Ownership

1. Talon X
I do agree with having the frame stiffener kit. That was one of the first things I did when I put my taller tires on. Really happy with it.

amelung45x

amelung45x

Nov 20, 2020
Chillicothe, Ohio
Ownership

1. Talon X

Thanks for the info. I will check them out.

SLOWPOKE693

SLOWPOKE693

Supporting Member
Mar 10, 2020
Somewhere in Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
I bought L&W and put them right on and camber was great. Also noticed the L & W had much higher clearance than the SuperATV arms. With Super ATV arms you also have to buy the bushings separate or swap from stock arms. From what I have heard, swapping is not an enjoyable experience.

Not a fan of L & W anything.......

Resized 20200927 171100
Resized 20200928 100538

Zero penatration on their welds resulted in major damage to my buddies Talon after the arm snapped. They sent him some new parts to fix their screw up but only replaced the arm that broke. I guess they were confident the others were good....... I wouldn't trust any of them personally.

Lil_Steve

Lil_Steve

May 22, 2019
Gilbert, AZ
Ownership

1. Talon R
Wow, hadn't seen any L&W related failures, thanks for sharing that.

Vondy

Vondy

Lifetime Member
Mar 10, 2015
Houston,OH
Ownership

1. Talon X4
Not a fan of L & W anything.......

View attachment 239293View attachment 239294

Zero penatration on their welds resulted in major damage to my buddies Talon after the arm snapped. They sent him some new parts to fix their screw up but only replaced the arm that broke. I guess they were confident the others were good....... I wouldn't trust any of them personally.

That sucks! Maybe a fluke, maybe not. Been beating on mine on a 4 seater without issues so far. I kept my stock arms as spares.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!