BOX1

P700 Need help finding the speedo plug please!

Smoking Joe

Smoking Joe

Mar 27, 2021
Alaska
Ownership

1. 700-2
I put portals on my 700/2 and now I'm trying to install a speedo drd from 12 oclock labs but can't seem to find the speedo plug...I thought I found it but the tabs don't fit in the slots of the plug I got! Looks like it would fit otherwise...attached is a pic I thought would be the correct plug taken from the passenger side just behind the fuel tank. Would appreciate any help on this...@hondatech🤔
Maybe got the wrong part but someone here posted the link and the product description had my model as a plug and play fit!

20210605 162253

C

caverat

Feb 3, 2021
Montana
Ownership

1. 700-2
The one I bought I just unplugged it off the rear differential and put it in line. Totally screwed up my shift points so I pulled it out

Reactions: Smoking Joe
Smoking Joe

Smoking Joe

Mar 27, 2021
Alaska
Ownership

1. 700-2
Thanks I will look there! Instructions said look at the back of the trans for the plug. And I'm hoping it changes my shift points as right now it's shifting into 2nd at 5mph! With 30% portals and 28s I'm needing -23.7% correction

C

caverat

Feb 3, 2021
Montana
Ownership

1. 700-2
Thats the same thing I'm running 30% portals and 28 inch tiers mine would hit the rev limiter before it would shift

Smoking Joe

Smoking Joe

Mar 27, 2021
Alaska
Ownership

1. 700-2
Maybe your correction was wrong...plus instead of negative correction? -23.1% after redoing the math...maybe check your impedance mode?

C

caverat

Feb 3, 2021
Montana
Ownership

1. 700-2
Maybe your correction was wrong...plus instead of negative correction? -23.1% after redoing the math...maybe check your impedance mode?
I used the speedo healer and just used there app for all the corrections. when driving normally it shifted fine but when I NASCAR it was when there was a problem. It was shifting at the correct MPH just to high of RPM.
I did get to take a little ride last weekend. Loving the machine with portals done a little later evening rock climbing up in some water falls. The extra articulation and low gearing from the portals make the thing a beast. Thing will crawl 2 MPH and just hooks up like crazy. Just ordered some Fox shocks the stock ones bottom out when coming down and dropping off in a hole.

Smoking Joe

Smoking Joe

Mar 27, 2021
Alaska
Ownership

1. 700-2
I used the speedo healer and just used there app for all the corrections. when driving normally it shifted fine but when I NASCAR it was when there was a problem. It was shifting at the correct MPH just to high of RPM.
I did get to take a little ride last weekend. Loving the machine with portals done a little later evening rock climbing up in some water falls. The extra articulation and low gearing from the portals make the thing a beast. Thing will crawl 2 MPH and just hooks up like crazy. Just ordered some Fox shocks the stock ones bottom out when coming down and dropping off in a hole.
Yeaf after riding with the portals and not having to worry about bouncing my skids off every rock on the trail I've definitely thought about getting the fox shocks but man that price tag is hard to justify! If I drop down a steep bank while turning the stockers bottom and i get a slight rub...not sure how some people claim to have 2" lift with 30s and don't rub unless you're just pounding pavement!

Reactions: caverat
Smoking Joe

Smoking Joe

Mar 27, 2021
Alaska
Ownership

1. 700-2
Only complaint about the portals is when in 2wd the back end gets squirrely!

20210529 094717

• Haha
Reactions: caverat
C

caverat

Feb 3, 2021
Montana
Ownership

1. 700-2
ya well I just got an email Fox shocks are out of stock until Septembero_Oo_O wish I could charge my customers first then get around to the job 3 months later :mad:
Hope every one was ok in that little oops moment. My wife would probably beat me like a stray dog LOL

osobad

osobad

Lifetime Member
Nov 23, 2020
Tampa Bay Florida
Ownership

1. 700-2
They should refund your money Fox are not the only options.

Smoking Joe

Smoking Joe

Mar 27, 2021
Alaska
Ownership

1. 700-2
ya well I just got an email Fox shocks are out of stock until Septembero_Oo_O wish I could charge my customers first then get around to the job 3 months later :mad:
Hope every one was ok in that little oops moment. My wife would probably beat me like a stray dog LOL
Yep just a few bruises...I was the only one in the wheeler trying to keep up with my buddy in his p1000 won't make that mistake again!

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!