WagginTail

WagginTail

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Oct 13, 2020
SC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have a 2014 Pioneer 700-4 and I just purchased four 28x10x14 ITP Blackwater tires on four 14x8 ITP SS212 wheels with 5+3 offset. Also installed a 2.5" Strongmade lift kit. The tires on the front are rubbing on the corner of the floor on both sides. Everything I have been researching says 27" tires would fit without any lift so I figured the 28"tires should fit with the lift with no issues. Has anyone had this problem? I was thinking about trying the Super ATV 2" lift.

Alan_Vander

Alan_Vander

Mar 19, 2019
rosepine,la
Ownership

1. 700-4
If its hitting the outside rail plastic then it is probably your rim offset most are running a 5+2 rim. Yours is like running a 1 inch spacer on it. I tsn 27x10 for yrs with 2.5 strongmade an it would rub the fender when tweeked. But that as on stock rims and alot of tweeking and turning to get it to rub. But it never touched the outer rail

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Backwoods
Backwoods

Backwoods

Ambassador of Crocs / Speaker of truth & facts /
Lifetime Member
Mar 2, 2018
Douglasville ga
Ownership

1. 700-2
I think it's your wheel offset also. I run 27s on 5+2 offset From two different manufacturers and it will bottom out before it rubs. I have no lift.

Reactions: Smitty335
WagginTail

WagginTail

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Oct 13, 2020
SC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
20201106 171940
Rubbing on the corner of the floorboard. I wouldn't think the wheel offset would make a difference. The 5+3 would be sticking out 1" further than the 5+2 but still a 10" wide tire on either rim would be the same tire width right?

Alan_Vander

Alan_Vander

Mar 19, 2019
rosepine,la
Ownership

1. 700-4
View attachment 233890
Rubbing on the corner of the floorboard. I wouldn't think the wheel offset would make a difference. The 5+3 would be sticking out 1" further than the 5+2 but still a 10" wide tire on either rim would be the same tire width right?
Its the same width on either rim but from your ball joints out. Your 1 inch further out. Than the 5+2.

Alan_Vander

Alan_Vander

Mar 19, 2019
rosepine,la
Ownership

1. 700-4
View attachment 233890
On stock rims thats exactly where my 27sx10s would rub when i tweeked it aat full turn. Id say 85-100% full turn just to get it to rub right there. Are you rubbing just turning only or is it doing it while being off camber only

Alan_Vander

Alan_Vander

Mar 19, 2019
rosepine,la
Ownership

1. 700-4
You can stack the puck lift ontop of your lift if you want to go higher but dont do the satv one. Its way overpriced you can get them off amazon for 20 bucks plus tax give or take and just put on front shocks alot of people do that to level the machine out. And they range from 1.5-2.5 inch lift when you buy them.

WagginTail

WagginTail

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Oct 13, 2020
SC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
They are rubbing when turning on flat ground. And rub worse off camber. I thought about the puck lift but didn't want to go higher

WagginTail

WagginTail

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Oct 13, 2020
SC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
These wheel offsets are confusing to me. I still just don't see how the 5+3 would rub and a 5+2 wouldn't rub. I feel like the tire width would be the culprit. I could see just in theory a 4+4 or 3+5 rim making the tires rub.

Alan_Vander

Alan_Vander

Mar 19, 2019
rosepine,la
Ownership

1. 700-4
These wheel offsets are confusing to me. I still just don't see how the 5+3 would rub and a 5+2 wouldn't rub. I feel like the tire width would be the culprit. I could see just in theory a 4+4 or 3+5 rim making the tires rub.
Its the (+3) thats what the difference is. 5+3 has 3 inches from the outside of the rim to the hub and is 8 inches wide. The 5+2 is just 2 inches from the hub to the outside and us only 7 inch rim. Tell you the truth i know why its rubbing but i have no clue what the stock rims are for these machines. I just know most the guys are running a 5+2 and some are running spacers which would put them at the same spot you are. Only other thing i can think of is your shocks are wore out. (Springs are weak). I have a 14 and i bought it new and i know my rear ones are about shot but the front ones are okish right now. But i have the strongmade and pucks on front and back and portals so its hard to really tell cause iv slowed down alot.

WagginTail

WagginTail

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Oct 13, 2020
SC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Its the (+3) thats what the difference is. 5+3 has 3 inches from the outside of the rim to the hub and is 8 inches wide. The 5+2 is just 2 inches from the hub to the outside and us only 7 inch rim. Tell you the truth i know why its rubbing but i have no clue what the stock rims are for these machines. I just know most the guys are running a 5+2 and some are running spacers which would put them at the same spot you are. Only other thing i can think of is your shocks are wore out. (Springs are weak). I have a 14 and i bought it new and i know my rear ones are about shot but the front ones are okish right now. But i have the strongmade and pucks on front and back and portals so its hard to really tell cause iv slowed down alot.

Thanks for all the info. Just don't know what I'm going to do. I did take a 1" wheel spacer off of my rincon just to see what it would do and it seemed to make it worse. I was planning on buying some fox shocks later on. But I'm not sure the shocks are wore out. Mainly use it on the farm and don't ride it hard but they are going on 7 years old so they could be. Sounds like i should have just went with 27x10x12 with the 5+2 offset

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Thanks for all the info. Just don't know what I'm going to do. I did take a 1" wheel spacer off of my rincon just to see what it would do and it seemed to make it worse. I was planning on buying some fox shocks later on. But I'm not sure the shocks are wore out. Mainly use it on the farm and don't ride it hard but they are going on 7 years old so they could be. Sounds like i should have just went with 27x10x12 with the 5+2 offset
Your brand new shocks were/are poop, get some shocks and check ride clearance before buying lift?

Alan_Vander

Alan_Vander

Mar 19, 2019
rosepine,la
Ownership

1. 700-4
Anyone reading this with 28s and 2.5 inch strongmade post some numbers up for ground to frame measurement. The shocks could still be good but the springs weak or sagging. Thats my problem im not sure if im just going to buy some springs or new shocks or some shocks off a new one that are getting rid of them.

WagginTail

WagginTail

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Oct 13, 2020
SC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Figure this one out.... I took the lift off the front and the tires didn't rub as much

Alan_Vander

Alan_Vander

Mar 19, 2019
rosepine,la
Ownership

1. 700-4
Figure this one out.... I took the lift off the front and the tires didn't rub as much
When you lift it it sucked the tires in a hair so what your doing is puting the tire between the floor pan and the outside rail by taking it off. Its different from adding spacers cause your moving your all joint in and out when you lift o take it off. So your pivot spot is in a different spot. But you shocks are till good if that happened for sure.

WagginTail

WagginTail

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Oct 13, 2020
SC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well I ordered the puck lift off of Amazon last night since that seems like my cheapest option right now. I'll see if that helps.

Reactions: Alan_Vander
WagginTail

WagginTail

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Oct 13, 2020
SC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well I got the puck lift put on the front. Helped out a lot. The tires rub just barely in off camber situation but not enough to worry about. Thanks for the help.

Dockman

Dockman

Lifetime Member
Jul 5, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 700-2
Well I got the puck lift put on the front. Helped out a lot. The tires rub just barely in off camber situation but not enough to worry about. Thanks for the help.

So you have 4.5" lift total with puck and strong made?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WagginTail

WagginTail

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Oct 13, 2020
SC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So you have 4.5" lift total with puck and strong made?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm not sure but I really doubt I got that much lift. I forgot to measure the stock height before I installed everything. I feel like the strongmade lift didn't do much. This weekend I think I'm going to take the strongmade lift off just to measure the difference.

Alan_Vander

Alan_Vander

Mar 19, 2019
rosepine,la
Ownership

1. 700-4
I'm not sure but I really doubt I got that much lift. I forgot to measure the stock height before I installed everything. I feel like the strongmade lift didn't do much. This weekend I think I'm going to take the strongmade lift off just to measure the difference.
strongnade gace me 2 up front and about 2.5 on rear when i put mine on. the pucks on the front were 2.5 but gave me 3. and backs gave me 2.5 on my 700-4.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!