Need SHORTER P1000. Won't fit in toyhauler!

popeye

popeye

Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2016
kapowsin, Wa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
How much were you able to compress the suspension ?

You know I never measured the exact amount, just pulled up the ramp until it lightly rubbed hoped out deflated tires, squated the suspension and drove in. Guessing... maybe 5” in the suspension and 2-3” in the side wall

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: CumminsPusher
C

Crunch86

Apr 17, 2017
SW Florida
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Does the RV have double beds that retract up to ceiling? If so, like mine, I had to remove the upper bed and its brackets so the lower bed could touch the ceiling. As for total height, as the front enters it actually drops in height as it goes onto rv floor. Then, as more body goes up it gets tight on the 72 inch opening. I have a 2017 P1000-3, so the rear roll bar isn't there. With a P1000-5 you will have to shorten the last 2 feet of the roll bar. (at rear) Like one other reader said, try it before you buy it. As for pulling down suspension I decided it was too much work. In Nevada I unload every 50 miles to go on another trail, so I'd spend most of my day farting around with the suspension.
No beds in the back, it does have some overhead cabinets and a loft over the garage.

Currently haul around a Scion IQ.
Upload 2018 5 3 12 23 25

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Is the plan to replace the scion with the Pioneer?
Is towing on a trailer completely out of the question to take both with you?

C

Crunch86

Apr 17, 2017
SW Florida
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Is the plan to replace the scion with the Pioneer?
Is towing on a trailer completely out of the question to take both with you?
Yes, the plan is to replace the Scion or at least only use it on specific trips. I have no desire to pull a trailer if I don’t have to, although it is capable. The main reason I got the class A toyhauler is so I wouldn’t have to tow a trailer.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!