P700 Need suggestions for wheels

EastCoastCan700

EastCoastCan700

Nov 8, 2017
New Brunswick, Canada
Ownership

1. 700-2
How are you liking the tires after having them for 3 weeks ?
I’m thinking of going with the Terrabites.
Thx.

L2R

L2R

Understanding women Vol. 1
Lifetime Member
Feb 16, 2019
East of the Appalachians
Ownership

1. 700-4
I am very happy with them.
Hard surfaces rides MUCH better and quieter.
Doesn't chew up the grass working in the yard.
Looks great.
DOT if I ever decide to go that route.
No doubt better tires for mudding but those who use them for that too give good reports.

Bottom line- no regrets would do it again and that is coming from someone who was petty ticked off that I needed to replace brand new tires. These should be an option from the dealer.

EastCoastCan700

EastCoastCan700

Nov 8, 2017
New Brunswick, Canada
Ownership

1. 700-2
I am very happy with them.
Hard surfaces rides MUCH better and quieter.
Doesn't chew up the grass working in the yard.
Looks great.
DOT if I ever decide to go that route.
No doubt better tires for mudding but those who use them for that too give good reports.

Bottom line- no regrets would do it again and that is coming from someone who was petty ticked off that I needed to replace brand new tires. These should be an option from the dealer.
Thank you very much for the feedback, do you notice a difference going to 14 inch in the handling or speed ? I’m thinking of sticking with the 12 inch as I’m concerned about clearance as I have added the fender flares on the front. I think if I went 28 x 14 it might rub.(See Pic)

D26E5643 23AE 4E75 B1DB FE46F5BD2349

L2R

L2R

Lifetime Member
Feb 16, 2019
East of the Appalachians
Ownership

1. 700-4
no difference between take off or top speed that I noticed.
I am sure there is less roll over with less side wall. the trade off is a stiffer sidewall with a 14" wheel and less cushion if you hit a rock at hugh speed

read above what I bought, it required no alterations except for replacing the oem nuts with autozone wheel locks.

EastCoastCan700

EastCoastCan700

Nov 8, 2017
New Brunswick, Canada
Ownership

1. 700-2
no difference between take off or top speed that I noticed.
I am sure there is less roll over with less side wall. the trade off is a stiffer sidewall with a 14" wheel and less cushion if you hit a rock at hugh speed

read above what I bought, it required no alterations except for replacing the oem nuts with autozone wheel locks.
OK sounds good, I really like that wheel and tire combo, how did the rims look like in person? I think I might still stick with the 12 inch as I’m worried about rubbing on the fender flare i added, it does stick out about 2 inches

L2R

L2R

Lifetime Member
Feb 16, 2019
East of the Appalachians
Ownership

1. 700-4
Wheels look great.

you might review the wheel sizing.
Wheel diameter won't affect tire rub.
Tire diameter will affect tire rub as will the offset of the wheel you pick.
I suggest you do a search here to be clear on that before you buy.

Reactions: Backwoods
EastCoastCan700

EastCoastCan700

Nov 8, 2017
New Brunswick, Canada
Ownership

1. 700-2
Wheels look great.

you might review the wheel sizing.
Wheel diameter won't affect tire rub.
Tire diameter will affect tire rub as will the offset of the wheel you pick.
I suggest you do a search here to be clear on that before you buy.
That’s a good point, I will definitely check that out. What is the actual tire height inflated?

Backwoods

Backwoods

Ambassador of Crocs / Speaker of truth & facts /
Lifetime Member
Mar 2, 2018
Douglasville ga
Ownership

1. 700-2
I run a 12x7 5+2 offset I like the 14s but went with 12s for the extra sidewall . No regrets I run a 27 inch tires , they do not rub at full compression.

Reactions: L2R
EastCoastCan700

EastCoastCan700

Nov 8, 2017
New Brunswick, Canada
Ownership

1. 700-2
I run a 12x7 5+2 offset I like the 14s but went with 12s for the extra sidewall . No regrets I run a 27 inch tires , they do not rub at full compression.
That’s kind of what I was leaning towards, like the idea of the extra sidewall as well. If the overall tire height would be the same not sure what the advantage would be to going with the 14s.

L2R

L2R

Lifetime Member
Feb 16, 2019
East of the Appalachians
Ownership

1. 700-4
12s give you more cushion and softer ride especially when going over softball ball sized rocks.

14s look better to some people. It has been a popular trend for the last 25 years in the auto world at least in the U.S.
Shorter side wall means less roll over if you are making a sharp turn
14s opens options in the future if you want to go to a true truck tire which will last a lot longer

Being I was keeping my 12" OEM wheels and buying another set, it made sense to me to buy 14s so I have both sizes for the future regardless of what I might do in the future.

All options for you to decide depending on what you want to do with them. It is a personal choice.

Reactions: Backwoods
Backwoods

Backwoods

Ambassador of Crocs / Speaker of truth & facts /
Lifetime Member
Mar 2, 2018
Douglasville ga
Ownership

1. 700-2
That’s kind of what I was leaning towards, like the idea of the extra sidewall as well. If the overall tire height would be the same not sure what the advantage would be to going with the 14s.
In my opinion part of it is cosmetic and part of it is some tires may not come in 12 sizes , but about any tread design you would like is available in 12.

Reactions: Mudwing and L2R
L2R

L2R

Lifetime Member
Feb 16, 2019
East of the Appalachians
Ownership

1. 700-4
Backwoods, I think we have utterly and completely exhausted every aspect of these tires. You are correct in your comments and give good advice. I went thru the paralysis by analysis when I was looking at tires and thinking Eastcoast is in the same boat- it is a hard decision.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!