P1000 Need winch bumper advice warn Axion 55

amgdriver

amgdriver

Oct 4, 2020
Amelia Island Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Long story short Build from hell on new Pioneer 1k-5. Final problem just blew up in my face today The dealer shop tech told me that the standard pioneer winch mount kit would work on the Warn Axion 5500 lb model. It wont. Cutting required. Voids warranty BS. So they order warn factory winch bumper 1 wk lead time which turns into 30 days which now turns into March 2021. To further complicate this sh!#show the idiots at warn domt show an application for a 2020 pioneer 1k-5 for this winch. The chart stops at 2019 and several dist sites say that the 2019 bumper wont work for the 2020. Then I find another chart that looks like a warn fit chart that says it is good thru 2020 but its not directly from the warn website. AGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!! #%!!!!+%#!!! The guy at the dealer shop is locked in with a couple distributors and is working off their part numbers which means nothing cause hey are out til March. Calling or e-mailing Warn is worse than useless. Totally worthless Radio silence no response. I know the standard Honda winch mount will work with minor mods but the dealer says iits a liability issue and voids the warranty Pretty chicken s#!t if u ask me after they caused this problem to begin with. I dont have tools I dont turn wrenches and I have no place to work so im stuck with this mess
Anybody ever ran into this issue? Any suggestions on another brand? I have e mailed several suppliers. Nodidy bothers to return e mails or answer phones Thanks in advance for any input concerning this cluster- Also I will be looking for a new service facility in the NE Fla/SE Ga area near I 95 if anybody has any suggestions. They have had my machine since October with part problems -not all their fault- but im running out of patience

I prefer to use the warn bumper if i can get the correct part number and find one. Would also consider another brand if such a oart is available

Many thanks in advance for looking at this thread

Reactions: sharp and TxDoc
TxDoc

TxDoc

Lifetime Member
May 19, 2019
TEXAS 🇨🇱
photos.app.goo.gl
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I ran into this last year. Went with a VRX 4.5S and a wireless remote that the Axon 55-S didn't have.

Ask Montana Jack's

See if they have a 2020 compatible version. They are good folks

A good technical fabrication shop can CAD/CAM a design and make you one. Anything is possible.... For a price.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

sharp

sharp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 27, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Long story short Build from hell on new Pioneer 1k-5. Final problem just blew up in my face today The dealer shop tech told me that the standard pioneer winch mount kit would work on the Warn Axion 5500 lb model. It wont. Cutting required. Voids warranty BS. So they order warn factory winch bumper 1 wk lead time which turns into 30 days which now turns into March 2021. To further complicate this sh!#show the idiots at warn domt show an application for a 2020 pioneer 1k-5 for this winch. The chart stops at 2019 and several dist sites say that the 2019 bumper wont work for the 2020. Then I find another chart that looks like a warn fit chart that says it is good thru 2020 but its not directly from the warn website. AGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!! #%!!!!+%#!!! The guy at the dealer shop is locked in with a couple distributors and is working off their part numbers which means nothing cause hey are out til March. Calling or e-mailing Warn is worse than useless. Totally worthless Radio silence no response. I know the standard Honda winch mount will work with minor mods but the dealer says iits a liability issue and voids the warranty Pretty chicken s#!t if u ask me after they caused this problem to begin with. I dont have tools I dont turn wrenches and I have no place to work so im stuck with this mess
Anybody ever ran into this issue? Any suggestions on another brand? I have e mailed several suppliers. Nodidy bothers to return e mails or answer phones Thanks in advance for any input concerning this cluster- Also I will be looking for a new service facility in the NE Fla/SE Ga area near I 95 if anybody has any suggestions. They have had my machine since October with part problems -not all their fault- but im running out of patience

I prefer to use the warn bumper if i can get the correct part number and find one. Would also consider another brand if such a oart is available

Many thanks in advance for looking at this thread
If they can’t figure out how to install the axon, then I amazed they are still in business. Winch mount for the pioneer around $50 bucks. Grind down the very edge of the bash plate just a hair. And slide the winch in. Simple. By the time you put a dab of spray paint on the area you grinder you can’t even tell you did.

JoeyL

JoeyL

Lifetime Member
Jan 28, 2020
Houston
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If they can’t figure out how to install the axon, then I amazed they are still in business. Winch mount for the pioneer around $50 bucks. Grind down the very edge of the bash plate just a hair. And slide the winch in. Simple. By the time you put a dab of spray paint on the area you grinder you can’t even tell you did.

Yep.
I installed mine in the stock bumper w warn mount plate.
Just need to grind off a little corner or the bumper that’s hard to see even if I try to find it.
I also moved the hawse down a little because i didn’t like the rope clearance.
Sucks that they hide behind liability rather than using their brains.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Mudwing
ToddACimer

ToddACimer

Pioneer 1005-2
Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2016
Oshkosh, Wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I've seen the Axon winch behind the stock bumper and it's a tight fit even with some trimming. The Warn bumper is not perfect either. It mates fairly well with the Warn plow mount but there's still a gap between the 2. The 2020 machine is the same front frame as 16-19 so if you can order the bumper it will fit.

Here's my 2018 with the warn bumper, warn plow mount and a skid plate I added between the 2. I'm running a Superwinch Terra45 for a winch.
PXL 20201205 222726806

Reactions: Mudwing and TripleB
Pilotadam

Pilotadam

Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2019
Pell City, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have my Axon 55s mounted to the top of a Tough Country bumper. I like the fact that it puts the winch up high and out of the water and mud, and adds good protection to the front of the machine.De531e985b72d591f780cc83f926cb00

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

amgdriver

amgdriver

Oct 4, 2020
Amelia Island Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Nice Thanks for all the feedback. Im starting to see that my dealer shop mostly deals woth consumer grade low end accessories from a couple of their biz buddies in the indusrties. I dont thimk they have even seen an Axion 55 before much less mounted one. Ive had to do most of the legwork on this build find most if the stuff myself. Now starting to worry about their other work.
Many thanks for responses Ill certainly check out all these optins

Ill will most lkely start a new thread to find a decent shop to finish this in the Jax Fla Brunswick Ga area. Kmow anybody?? Im all ears

amgdriver

amgdriver

Oct 4, 2020
Amelia Island Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Actually spoke wih a decent tech at Warn in Oregon. Their fitment guides are a complete dumpster fire by their own admission. In bad need of updates. The real info is contained within their internal instruction and installation memos... I hope!!!! The mounting plates and bumpers and the Honds machines have slight dimensional glitches which require very slight mods in most cases. The warn mounting plate for this application is the best pption requiring only possible grinding on the skid plate but just a couple mm. The winch bumper also may tequire some additional beating and wrestling to get everything to go together on some machines. Bout a 6 beer job in a DIY garage. I ordered the warn plate kit with the understanding that the shop will agree to grind to fit as long as its the skid plate not the actual frame. I dont know if the Warn mount plate is the same as the Honda factory plate or not. At this point I owe them a signifigant amout of money so I suspect they will make this work. should be completed in 7 biz days I will repost results Stay tuned

Here are the correct part numbers according to an engineer type guy at Warn. If you have any issues such as mine call the Warn factory. Published info is complete garbage. Design has not changed on front back to at least 2018. 2021 is also the same. Contact Technical Assistance. They open at 7:00 am Pacific time. Be on the phone at 7:01 if u plan on getting them to answer

Mount plate 93790. around 100.00 available frim Amazon or many other places. Popular item. Should be easy to find
Winch bumper part #101700. around 600.00
Backordered all to hell

Thanks again for all posts

Reactions: sharp and Mudwing
amgdriver

amgdriver

Oct 4, 2020
Amelia Island Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Montana Jacks is totally legit Spoke with Scott at length. Very helpful. Really knows his stuff. He will get the order for my Land cruiser project which is comong up after the first of 2021. He knows more about winches and mount issues than anybody I spoke with. He is fighting the same battle with bad and outdated info from Warn but he can navigate through it. Apparently has has huge marketshare of the Warn winch product business in all markets. Killer prices Great inventory Ships same day. Had I know this earlier would have bought my stuff from this company.

Reactions: TripleB and sharp
Teammontana

Teammontana

Apr 3, 2021
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have a new Warn winch bumper 101700 that was only installed to show at a dealer event. The website says it fits 16-19 1000 models. Others here have suggested the 20-21 models are the same, but I can't verify. I will sell it for $400 and pay the shipping if anyone is interested.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!