P1000 Needing ideas

DennyChapman

DennyChapman

Sep 7, 2021
Statesboro Ga.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
What are UTV owners doing for more cab lighting for night riding…..
What about a touchscreen head unit ,? Do people install those in there buggies ,? If so what brand ?
Rear view mirror? Size and brand ? Also best brand and size for a front light bar…

Reactions: Lady01 and TxDoc
Hillbillytnt

Hillbillytnt

May 2, 2020
Ky
Ownership

1. 1000-3
What are UTV owners doing for more cab lighting for night riding…..
What about a touchscreen head unit ,? Do people install those in there buggies ,? If so what brand ?
Rear view mirror? Size and brand ? Also best brand and size for a front light bar…
Interior/cab lights can be anything from the Velcro/stick up battery powered ones you use for closets to rock lights hard wired to rocker switches. Some sound bars and speaker boxes come with leds mounted. Front light bars are also something with a lot of choices. The club store sells a nice setup that ties into your high beams. I’m running a 12” on the front bumper and it lights up the immediate trail very well but if you want to light up a field you’ll need to go bigger and higher. Use the search bar and check out a few dif setups. They put everything in these things from gps to back up cameras

WagginTail

WagginTail

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Oct 13, 2020
SC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
20210821 161138

I have a rock light mounted to the right of the speaker. One on the passenger side in same location. Works very well and is one of my favorite mods on my 1000-5. Wired up to a rocker switch on the dash. It lights up some outside of the machine as well but creates a small shadow from the roll bar. No big deal though.
20210821 161130

As far as light bars I had a 24" Traveller brand from tractor supply on my 700. That thing put out a ton of light. It would light up the side of a barn like daylight from 150 yards away. I'll be getting another one to put on my 1000. I think it costs $150. And I like mine mounted up high.
20210821 155810

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
The world is your oyster. Only advice I will give is don't rush: take your time investigating and evaluating your options before buying them.

I bet you won't be asking for advice on a snow plow system, eh, Denny? 😆

05Willys

05Willys

Apr 21, 2021
PA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
LED light strips for under a tonneau cover work well. I have seen them stuck to the roofs of a couple of 1000-5s, 2 strips run from the front to back. Light for cab and cargo area. Haven't done it to mine yet but it's on the list.

05Willys

05Willys

Apr 21, 2021
PA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The world is your oyster. Only advice I will give is don't rush: take your time investigating and evaluating your options before buying them.

I bet you won't be asking for advice on a snow plow system, eh, Denny? 😆
And you have come to the right place for "pearls" of wisdom! These guys will be more than happy to help you spend your money!🤣🤣🤣

StewB

StewB

Jan 2, 2021
Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Me again, and using the same old photo.

I don't have a lightbar, but added the two Rough Country flood lights near the rear view mirrors.
My night rides are 1) plowing, 2) crawling on rough Uintah forest roads, and 3) fast southern Utah back country roads.
The flood (as opposed to spot) lights are great for 1 and 2, and they're mounted high enough to clear the blade.
They're not so good for 3), flying down roads in So. Utah at night - they don't have the reach.

Even a small lightbar will do a better job at both longer distance spot lighting and closer flood lighting.
Light envy is an expensive crush.

There are a lot of options for interior, rock and backup lights and I hope others give you their thoughts.
I chose a minimal route for a dome light. Google UTV Dome Light and you'll see the options.
I bought this one for $20 on Amazon and it does what I need. I have it strapped to the ROPS in the middle of the machine.
I can use the spot or flood lights. It can be turned in the snap-in holder to light up the front or bed and you can pop it out and use it as a flashlight. One end has a magnet for hands free use. It recharges through your usb port, but I haven't tested battery life. It's not a ton of light, but it's more than a car dome light.

For a rear view mirror, I really think a wide convex mirror that hangs from the ROPS is best.
They sell some with a single center mount, but I prefer the double mount for stability.
Google them and there are plenty of options starting at $18.

As 05Willys said, them's my pearls and we're here to help you spend your money.

DennyChapman

DennyChapman

Sep 7, 2021
Statesboro Ga.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Interior/cab lights can be anything from the Velcro/stick up battery powered ones you use for closets to rock lights hard wired to rocker switches. Some sound bars and speaker boxes come with leds mounted. Front light bars are also something with a lot of choices. The club store sells a nice setup that ties into your high beams. I’m running a 12” on the front bumper and it lights up the immediate trail very well but if you want to light up a field you’ll need to go bigger and higher. Use the search bar and check out a few dif setups. They put everything in these things from gps to back up cameras
Ok thanks

Reactions: Lady01
WagginTail

WagginTail

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Oct 13, 2020
SC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Here's some pics with my dome lights on
20211011 060403
20211011 060414

JoeyL

JoeyL

Lifetime Member
Jan 28, 2020
Houston
Ownership

1. 1000-5
here is another thread w some info

i went with the red LEDs to not be so bright when hunting

Reactions: Lady01 and Scoop
advertisement
B

bluepythons

Feb 16, 2020
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I added these lights off of amazon, 2 to the front cabin and 2 over the box. Super bright, made my own brackets as can be seen in the video. They look factory and work great.
Cargo Lights

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!