BOX1

P1000 Overhead Lights for P1K5

Spoonbill

Spoonbill

Apr 24, 2020
East TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hope is having as much fun as I've had with the Electrical upgrades on my P1K5. Big Shout Outs to Rob Sparre, Mystic, et. al for assisting with this project. I would like to post one other items for discussion. Has anyone installed an overhead light that won't simply scare off anything in a one mile radius? I an avid hunter who needs simply a somewhat soft red or green glow to assist in reading maps, locating items, or assisting those getting in the rear seats in the front and rear cab. Any thoughts or links would be appreciated.

I am also considering the mod with replacing the OEM intake with the ones Ive seen using UNI Pod Socks/Filters installed on a Radiator Hose. Can someone could assist with the UNI part # .

Thanks in Advance!

Spoonbill

Spoonbill

Apr 24, 2020
East TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
JoeyL,
Thanks for your prompt reply and link.
Did you simply cut off the 4 Pin Connectors and determine the +/- and tied all that to a small ring terminal through an aux fuse block and switch?

TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I use rock lights for the cab. I have 2 on front, middle and rear bar. I used white and its brighter than what you want but you can get any color and use the number of rock lights that you think will give you enough light.

JoeyL

JoeyL

Lifetime Member
Jan 28, 2020
Houston
Ownership

1. 1000-5
JoeyL,
Thanks for your prompt reply and link.
Did you simply cut off the 4 Pin Connectors and determine the +/- and tied all that to a small ring terminal through an aux fuse block and switch?

each strip (4 of them) had wires that are about 3' long or so. i just spliced the two for the front together and ran to my fuse box/switch. same for the back. I didnt use any of the 4 pin connectors.
i used the red lights. i thought i had a picture of it but i cant find it. I hung a strip over each seat on the roll bars.

i had to redo the rear lights on mine because i put in a soft mid panel and it covered up the lights on the center roll bar. if you peel them off they dont stick again. when i ordered the second set the + and - sides were reversed (+12V and GND are shown in the strip).
i got it all hooked up and nothing worked. checked and rechecked everything verified voltage and nothing. then I hooked it up backwards and i got it to work.

Reactions: Lady01
JoeyL

JoeyL

Lifetime Member
Jan 28, 2020
Houston
Ownership

1. 1000-5
found the picture.
its nowhere near as bright as it looks in this picture. in fact when i ordered the second set to replace the two on the middle roll bar, i put all 4 new ones in. now i have two strips on each crossbar above (front, middle, and rear). i was having trouble seeing in the bed with just the 4 strips.

i really prefer the red or green lights for when i am hunting. easy on the eyes in the morning and doesnt seem to spook deer as much.

i will probably end up going with a red light bar and a couple red cubes for driving during hunting season.

these guys have red and green. i have a couple of their flashlights and a green 12" bar on one of my ATVs, so far quality has been good.

Redlights

rubyred16

rubyred16

Aug 24, 2018
troy mo
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I put just two led rock lights in. One is on a rocker for the over head. The other is wired into the headlights to come on to light up the floor board. Very simple install used power coming off the cig/acc outlet to power the overhead since its only one rocklight its not pulling much.

20210124 1326531 20210124 1327011 20210124 1955221

Spoonbill

Spoonbill

Apr 24, 2020
East TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks for the timely reply. It looks great albeit a bit pricey. Seizmik has a great warranty and customer service though. CanAM has a great one as well, but it is only available in white.

Spoonbill

Spoonbill

Apr 24, 2020
East TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
found the picture.
its nowhere near as bright as it looks in this picture. in fact when i ordered the second set to replace the two on the middle roll bar, i put all 4 new ones in. now i have two strips on each crossbar above (front, middle, and rear). i was having trouble seeing in the bed with just the 4 strips.

i really prefer the red or green lights for when i am hunting. easy on the eyes in the morning and doesnt seem to spook deer as much.

i will probably end up going with a red light bar and a couple red cubes for driving during hunting season.

these guys have red and green. i have a couple of their flashlights and a green 12" bar on one of my ATVs, so far quality has been good.

View attachment 252738
Thanks, JoeyL. Is it as bright as it appears in the pics??

DrShotgun

DrShotgun

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 20, 2020
Southern Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
L

LarryAmboy

May 14, 2017
Castalian Springs, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Nope just a chiropractor that’s pretty good at FPS games. Although I used to own more than my fair share of weapons until I had a tragic boating accident in which all my guns were lost at the bottom of a lake.

You too? I don’t know what’s happening. Seems like it’s happening everywhere

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spoonbill

Spoonbill

Apr 24, 2020
East TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I use rock lights for the cab. I have 2 on front, middle and rear bar. I used white and its brighter than what you want but you can get any color and use the number of rock lights that you think will give you enough light.
Thank you for the reply. Do you know any vendor who has green or red??

Reactions: Lady01 and TripleB
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!