P1000 Wiring ideas🤔

Formula1

Formula1

Lifetime Member
Feb 24, 2020
SE Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So I am trying to plan for future power needs such as a radio, amplifier, etc along with my current winch. I have a dual battery setup with isolator. With a max amperage draw of 330 amps for the winch and 50 amps for an amplifier, how do you safely tap that much power? Would a stinger power distribution block work well? I'm trying to avoid a gob of wires coming off the battery.

Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So I am trying to plan for future power needs such as a radio, amplifier, etc along with my current winch. I have a dual battery setup with isolator. With a max amperage draw of 330 amps for the winch and 50 amps for an amplifier, how do you safely tap that much power? Would a stinger power distribution block work well? I'm trying to avoid a gob of wires coming off the battery.
Add a buss bar for key on power and a fuse block for tapping the power.

Formula1

Formula1

Lifetime Member
Feb 24, 2020
SE Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Unless I'm looking at things wrong, I'd need one rated to at least 400 amps? And I haven't found a fuse block that will accommodate a 50 amp circuit.

Pilotadam

Pilotadam

Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2019
Pell City, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Personally I would run the winch straight to the battery. Winches pull alot of power. Then I would run a second wire of the battery through a stringer or large breaker then feed off that to all your accessories. This should limit 2 positive wires and 2 negative wires.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Russ989

Russ989

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Personally I would run the winch straight to the battery. Winches pull alot of power. Then I would run a second wire of the battery through a stringer or large breaker then feed off that to all your accessories. This should limit 2 positive wires and 2 negative wires.

Definitely take the winch to the battery.

Reactions: russknight
Pilotadam

Pilotadam

Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2019
Pell City, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have a full size battery under the driver seat and mounted these under the hood to connect wires to. Help to clean things up. I used 5/16 or 3/8 not the 1/4 pictured. 8a23c177392c3cfb47c3b6ab483ab829

Russ989

Russ989

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I have a blue sea systems fuse block and the winch run straight to battery on a (I think) 300amp breaker. It's one @ohanacreek recommended to me and it has worked well. Its saved me a few times.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have a blue sea systems fuse block and the winch run straight to battery on a (I think) 300amp breaker. It's one @ohanacreek recommended to me and it has worked well. Its saved me a few times.

I’ve had this on 700 and 1000, don’t spray them with pressure washer.

It will trip at full pull in first layer after a few seconds of pulling but I have it mounted where I can reach it from drivers seat

Reactions: wrhii and TripleB
advertisement
Haldog77

Haldog77

NTC's Mafia Enforcer
Lifetime Member
Sep 30, 2019
Bossier City, Louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3
If I understand your dilemma, your winch will be run through a relay, the power lines that supply the winch come from the spare or aux. battery. this will negate the need for a 350-400 amp fuse. All of the other power needs can come from a second fuse block like the ones shown above.

Reactions: russknight
Formula1

Formula1

Lifetime Member
Feb 24, 2020
SE Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks for the replies everyone. What I was hoping for was to run one wire from the battery to a splitter then run one to the winch solenoid and the other to a fuse box. Im just trying to limit the amount of wires I have coming off the battery.

On another note I think I am going to go with a XL1200 sound bar mounted in the rear with a remote mounted on the dash. I am trying to find out the hole size for the remote then I will order a switch panel. Didn't I read about people on here making them?

Hondoman

Hondoman

Fundamentals are the crutch for the talentless.
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2017
Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks for the replies everyone. What I was hoping for was to run one wire from the battery to a splitter then run one to the winch solenoid and the other to a fuse box. Im just trying to limit the amount of wires I have coming off the battery.

On another note I think I am going to go with a XL1200 sound bar mounted in the rear with a remote mounted on the dash. I am trying to find out the hole size for the remote then I will order a switch panel. Didn't I read about people on here making them?
@mystic1219 makes a nice panel.

Formula1

Formula1

Lifetime Member
Feb 24, 2020
SE Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I figured out my plan. I ordered a stinger and Blue Sea fuse block a few days ago. I am going with an XL1200 sound bar and I will power that off the stinger as well as the fuse block. I've got the key on power harness installed so once everything arrives it should be fairly clean. I have a BUSS bar for the grounds as well. I also have 2-Attwood 4" fans to hopefully deal with heat issues that I will wire to a switch. I am debating if I should put the stinger key on wire on a switch so I can turn everything off for whatever reason?

For those that have a USB charger installed, are you running it on its own dedicated circuit or just tapped off the 12v plug? I was thinking of just running its own circuit with a low amp fuse.

TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I figured out my plan. I ordered a stinger and Blue Sea fuse block a few days ago. I am going with an XL1200 sound bar and I will power that off the stinger as well as the fuse block. I've got the key on power harness installed so once everything arrives it should be fairly clean. I have a BUSS bar for the grounds as well. I also have 2-Attwood 4" fans to hopefully deal with heat issues that I will wire to a switch. I am debating if I should put the stinger key on wire on a switch so I can turn everything off for whatever reason?

For those that have a USB charger installed, are you running it on its own dedicated circuit or just tapped off the 12v plug? I was thinking of just running its own circuit with a low amp fuse.
I have my USB on its on fuse.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!