P1000 Looking for ideas ....

B

BrotherNov

Lifetime Member
Nov 6, 2019
Springfield, IL
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I like to keep my stuff on battery tenders. I'm still in the "initial modifications" process of ownership, and I'm trying to figure out a more "elegant" way of plugging my tender into my buggy. Right now I have to take the hood off. I purchased a 6' extension thinking I'd just zip-tie it to the grill. It would be ideal to run it through the dash, but I'd like to avoid just having 3-4" inches of wire dangling out. Has anyone run into a dash mounted receptical the tender would plug directly into? Better ideas?

IMG 0434

100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
and here I was hoping you were talking about spacial vacuum evaporator weapons and pulse cannon mounts. Dang, disappointed again!

Dirtstiffs-1000

Dirtstiffs-1000

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Nov 3, 2018
Republican from the wet side of Oregonifornia
hondasxs.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I like to keep my stuff on battery tenders. I'm still in the "initial modifications" process of ownership, and I'm trying to figure out a more "elegant" way of plugging my tender into my buggy. Right now I have to take the hood off. I purchased a 6' extension thinking I'd just zip-tie it to the grill. It would be ideal to run it through the dash, but I'd like to avoid just having 3-4" inches of wire dangling out. Has anyone run into a dash mounted receptical the tender would plug directly into? Better ideas?

View attachment 205770
20200529 172009

This is my approach. Single plug for each battery.
They can be tied together for more amperage and starting power. They can be used to jump the 2nd battery to the OEM. And either plug could be used for a power port and even jump start others.
OCD, probably.

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I
View attachment 205771
This is my approach. Single plug for each battery.
They can be tied together for more amperage and starting power. They can be used to jump the 2nd battery to the OEM. And either plug could be used for a power port and even jump start others.
OCD, probably.
I used a plug like this on my dash but one plug charges both batteries. Works great.

Reactions: Hondoman
G

Grayday

Jan 5, 2020
Tucson
Ownership

1. 1000-5

View attachment 205770
These might be what you want on Amazon
Electop-SAE Quick Connect Solar Panel Mount Universal Flush-Mountable Connector, 12AWG SAE Cable with 8 Screws for Solar Generator Battery Charger (2 Pack)

Reactions: Papaandhistoys
Hondoman

Hondoman

Fundamentals are the crutch for the talentless.
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2017
Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I

I used a plug like this on my dash but one plug charges both batteries. Works great.
This is what I did, added one port on the drivers side of the dash.

R

rickoshea

for my truck camper i used remote battery jumper posts.you can mount them anywhere.

DAV11

DAV11

Supporting Member
Dec 12, 2018
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I just leave mine sticking out the top of the hood by the windshield.

20200602 184957

advertisement
Rubin

Rubin

Mar 22, 2020
Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I wanted to hide my plug so I went this way don’t even think about it anymore charges both batterys because its hooked up to my main battery threw a voltage sensitive relay module to my second battery. When the first one is fully changed it automatically starts charging the second battery.

Image Image

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
I use that same connector only I have it mounted right above my hood, below my windshield, right in the center. You can see it in the picture. It works well, don't have to take the hood off to plug or unplug, you can see it easily (so you don't drive off with it plugged in). Works good.

View attachment 205915
Motorhomes use panel mount SAE plugs for portable solar panels, similar to the one above. Oops, already covered in post 5.

Reactions: bcourv99

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!