GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Take a moment today to remember our fallen.
37b1e37544a7f7f6d571a821d21d539c   quotes hero quotes
9 11 quotes 7

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Sophomore year of high school Mrs Perkins class.
I was on hwy 265 one block north of Joyce St Fayetteville AR, headed to a job site, there is a gas station on the corner and people were panicking and lining up at the gas pumps. Had one of our guys call me and ask if he should get gas, I asked him how much gas he had, answer 3/4 of a tank, then told him the terrosist had already conquered him1

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I’ll never forget. Coming back from an auto auction I heard a little on the radio. Got to work and watched tv for what felt like days. Still remember the feeling like it was yesterday

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I was in a customers basement working on an oil furnace, my first day alone in a truck after the past 3 with a jurnyman as an apprentice. My wife called my cell to tell me what had happened. I went upstairs and told the homeowner, she turns the tv on and within seconds of the picture coming on, the second plane hit live! I’ll never forget that visual.

Farmer

Farmer

🚜🔨🚛🔧
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 22, 2014
Southern MO
Ownership

1. 700-2
Framing a new home in South Elgin, IL. It came over the country music station US 99. It was hard to work that day but we as a country kept plugging along. Lately people seem to forget how much a horrible situation brought our citizens together.

Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I was in New York City last year on 9/11
IMG 4641

Pic above was taken from a roof top bar Empire state building and the light on the right is from Freedom tower
IMG 4639

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I don’t post opinions much other than SXS and my occasional hatred for GM on here.

I remember details that morning slightly less every year, not because I choose to but because time passes and I am not reminded of some to keep the memories crisp and visceral. We see the still pictures of the buildings on fire maybe an occasional video of firemen being heroic knowing that a number of them in the video may have died. We see people comforting each other, searching for each other and we see images that give us hope in humanity during a “horrible event in history” as the news likes to smooth it over.

We never see the towers fall, we never see the more disturbing images. We never see the ones that make us angry at the ones who caused so many deaths. We never see the images that offend our sensibilities. I saw a shared post earlier on FB with images that brought emotions from 17 years ago to the surface. I guess it was about this time too.

I remember watching the news swapping channels for more updates since there was no such thing as social media or smart phones for the general public at this time. We watched from near a thousand miles away as the morning played out. We watched the first tower fall in horror. We sat shocked, then we saw a few things start falling from the towers then more and more until the towers fell. What we didn’t know initially until a cameraman who was not broadcasting live zoomed in, was it was people. The newscasters gasped as they were told but retained their composure for the most part. We sat horrified. They were everyday folks like you and me who had gone to work like they did every weekday. Normal people so terrified of the death they were facing inside that they made a conscious and intensive effort to break out high rise safety windows initiative for fresh air and some hope of safety, or an impossible rescue. Only to later choose to jump 1000’ to their death instead of burning to death (we learned later that no deaths other than the hijackers were listed as suicides). I don’t think we should forget or allow future generations to forget what was done to the people of this fine country that morning. Hope in humanity is great there are many good people out there, but we need to remember that humanity has always been capable of incredible evil. Forgetting the ugly parts of our history dooms us to repeat it.

If this post makes you angry, IT SHOULD, if it offends you it should, if it hurts your sensibilities it should, just don’t click the spoiler link, it contains pictures.

3b59f84dcc9a13edad4bed240cc25710
2b8c01f64c568d6320c79922720a2995
Ecf0c564a356cb2d0d7b8214e805abcc
Beade16bbe334820793a5a6685b0eb15
6b2558967a1aa7d8e72625da3cdd8aae

Last edited:
BWAF

BWAF

I get paid to pass gas
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carthage MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I had just woke up from working night shift thought I was having a bad dream didn't seem it could be real or happen here. 11 days later my wife and I got married on the 22 that same day both her grandparents passed away while we where getting married anniversaries are easy to remember

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I was listening to a tribute in radio this morning taking kids to school. One of teenagers tried to turn station but I caught her hand and asked her to bear with me. It's hard trying to explain the feelings of this to someone that wasn't even born when it happened. Hard to explain the hurt and the anger.

Miss_Oak

Miss_Oak

Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2016
California
Ownership

1. 500
I don’t post opinions much other than SXS and my occasional hatred for GM on here.

I remember details that morning slightly less every year, not because I choose to but because time passes and I am not reminded of some to keep the memories crisp and visceral. We see the still pictures of the buildings on fire maybe an occasional video of firemen being heroic knowing that a number of them in the video may have died. We see people comforting each other, searching for each other and we see images that give us hope in humanity during a “horrible event in history” as the news likes to smooth it over.

We never see the towers fall, we never see the more disturbing images. We never see the ones that make us angry at the ones who caused so many deaths. We never see the images that offend our sensibilities. I saw a shared post earlier on FB with images that brought emotions from 17 years ago to the surface. I guess it was about this time too.

I remember watching the news swapping channels for more updates since there was no such thing as social media or smart phones for the general public at this time. We watched from near a thousand miles away as the morning played out. We watched the first tower fall in horror. We sat shocked, then we saw a few things start falling from the towers then more and more until the towers fell. What we didn’t know initially until a cameraman who was not broadcasting live zoomed in, was it was people. The newscasters gasped as they were told but retained their composure for the most part. We sat horrified. They were everyday folks like you and me who had gone to work like they did every weekday. Normal people so terrified of the death they were facing inside that they made a conscious and intensive effort to break out high rise safety windows initiative for fresh air and some hope of safety, or an impossible rescue. Only to later choose to jump 1000’ to their death instead of burning to death (we learned later that no deaths other than the hijackers were listed as suicides). I don’t think we should forget or allow future generations to forget what was done to the people of this fine country that morning. Hope in humanity is great there are many good people out there, but we need to remember that humanity has always been capable of incredible evil. Forgetting the ugly parts of our history dooms us to repeat it.

If this post makes you angry, IT SHOULD, if it offends you it should, if it hurts your sensibilities it should, just don’t click the spoiler link, it contains pictures.

❤️❤️❤️

Rayrule

Rayrule

Lifetime Member
Apr 1, 2017
Catskills Mts. NY
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It was a sobering site to see the towers fall. I was across the river on the NJ Turnpike in a traffic jam. Took a bunch of pictures with my 35mm, had them developed later that day in Delaware and had the FBI at my house the next day. Turns out I was one of 35,000 leads after the photo place said they developed some disturbing pictures of power plants & bridges, when in fact the pictures were of the towers after they fell....11 years later my daughter was deployed to Afghanistan & was seriously hurt in an IED blast because of what happened that day. I was angry then & 11 years later & all the time in between because of the people who lost their lives that day and the people who made sacrifices for years following.....I will never forget!

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
It was a sobering site to see the towers fall. I was across the river on the NJ Turnpike in a traffic jam. Took a bunch of pictures with my 35mm, had them developed later that day in Delaware and had the FBI at my house the next day. Turns out I was one of 35,000 leads after the photo place said they developed some disturbing pictures of power plants & bridges, when in fact the pictures were of the towers after they fell....11 years later my daughter was deployed to Afghanistan & was seriously hurt in an IED blast because of what happened that day. I was angry then & 11 years later & all the time in between because of the people who lost their lives that day and the people who made sacrifices for years following.....I will never forget!
I thank your daughter for her service, respectfully.

J

JTW

Amen to that!

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Here s piece of elevator guide rail that was salvaged fro the North tower. It was cleaned and coustom painted by an elevator guy. Then it was reinstalled in the 1 World Trade Center.
FB IMG 1505097023101
If you look close you will see the trade centers in the flag.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!