P

Purpletail

Lifetime Member
Jan 21, 2023
NC
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Hello everyone,

Great forum and glad to be a part of the community. I have a new Deluxe 1000-5, going to do some mods and am a bit nervous to try them myself. I am looking at a winch install, fusebox, street legal kit and dual battery to start. I am decent at chasing wires in a boat, installing a trolling motor and doing trailer work, pretty good at construction, but never worked on something like this. Is it best to leave it to a dealership or go for it? Part of the fun is doing it myself but dont want to fry an electrical component. Thank you in advance!

Hillbillytnt

Hillbillytnt

May 2, 2020
Ky
Ownership

1. 1000-3
The info is here you just have to search for it. Some of the stuff you mentioned is easy like the dual battery. Others will require a little research but I doubt you’re going to attempt anything that these guys haven’t tried photographed and posted about. If you do let us know will cheer u on. Depending on dealership you may be better off doing it yourself

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Hello everyone,

Great forum and glad to be a part of the community. I have a new Deluxe 1000-5, going to do some mods and am a bit nervous to try them myself. I am looking at a winch install, fusebox, street legal kit and dual battery to start. I am decent at chasing wires in a boat, installing a trolling motor and doing trailer work, pretty good at construction, but never worked on something like this. Is it best to leave it to a dealership or go for it? Part of the fun is doing it myself but dont want to fry an electrical component. Thank you in advance!
Welcome to the Club! The Club Store's plug and play is fool proof, try a kit and you'll be hooked!

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I have a new Deluxe 1000-5,
Welcome from the Putrid Swamp Run Michigan!

Need pics of the rig! These Heathens like pics!
Pics Ot It Didnt Happen!

The search is your friend and Look at and read some builds. Your get your ideas and how too’s there.

OlYeller15

OlYeller15

Jan 30, 2021
Georgia
Ownership

1. 500
Hello everyone,

Welcome from NE Ga…Let the good times roll!

advertisement
R

RedorDead

Jan 3, 2023
USA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Welcome! The biggest difference between you and the dealer employee who would wire your mods is the level of care. Knowledge and skills can be obtained. Giving a damn is either there or it’s not. In my opinion.

Buggyman

Buggyman

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 3, 2020
ne. ohio
Ownership

1. 700-2
Hello everyone,

welcome from Ohio GIT R DONE you can do it

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Hello everyone,

Welcome from South Florida

Don't be scerrrd, little common sense goes a long way. I agree, part of the fun IS doing it your self 👍

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!