P500 New 2018 pioneer 500 owner

Twangin

Twangin

Jan 19, 2018
NC
Ownership

1. 500
So these are 30-8-12 interco interforce with 1 1/2 spacers. Go big or go home right!

View attachment 70943 View attachment 70944

Looks great! How do they perform?
- Trail ride quality (can you cruise in 3rd at 10mph, do they ride rough)
- did they take away all low end to where you have to use 1st gear for mud and hills?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Junyer82

Junyer82

Mar 22, 2018
Nashville, Arkansas
Ownership

1. 500

2. Other Brand
I use 2nd in nearly all mud. Unless really bad and 1st comes into play(4wd also). I rarely even use 1st honestly. Steep hills may require it also. Cruise in 3rd is a yes. I do need to heat the plastic on drivers side to fix rubbing. Passenger side rubs just faintly. Haven't done frame mod and I really don't think I'm gonna have to, hasn't been an issue yet.

Reactions: Twangin
Twangin

Twangin

Jan 19, 2018
NC
Ownership

1. 500
I use 2nd in nearly all mud. Unless really bad and 1st comes into play(4wd also). I rarely even use 1st honestly. Steep hills may require it also. Cruise in 3rd is a yes. I do need to heat the plastic on drivers side to fix rubbing. Passenger side rubs just faintly. Haven't done frame mod and I really don't think I'm gonna have to, hasn't been an issue yet.

Awesome! Now you’ve got me wondering between zillas and maybe some 27x10 interforce interco’s all around. Zillas probably have taller tread though..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Junyer82

Junyer82

Mar 22, 2018
Nashville, Arkansas
Ownership

1. 500

2. Other Brand
The only thing I don't like about these interforces is there isn't any sidewall tread. It hasn't been an issue either nor have I had any performance issues out of them. I guess I'm just used to the terms that I used to run.

W

Whistlepigp5

Mar 12, 2018
Melba, Idaho
Ownership

1. 500
Welcome from Alabama, this is a great place to get information, ideas and suggestions from members.
After much time spent debating tire and wheel combos and a few posts asking advice of others, I finally decided on four 26x9-12 ITP Blackwater Evolution (8 ply radial) mounted on STI HD Beadlock wheels.
My biggest holdup on going 26" was making sure it would still fit (vertically) in my enclosed trailer. Haven't had a chance to get many miles on them yet, but so far I really like the combo.
View attachment 69279 View attachment 69280
Good luck on your tire/wheel quest.
I’m gonna be ordering that windshield next week how do you like it? Seemed to me it was the only one that had minimal gaps and is really formed well to the roll bar and hood?i also HAVE to have it drop down so I can shoot ground squirrels through the opening.

DaddyDubbs

DaddyDubbs

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2016
Lee County Alabama, from Southern Michigan
Ownership

1. 500
I’m gonna be ordering that windshield next week how do you like it? Seemed to me it was the only one that had minimal gaps and is really formed well to the roll bar and hood?i also HAVE to have it drop down so I can shoot ground squirrels through the opening.
I haven't been out in a downpour with it yet, but I do expect to get somewhat wet, as you can see the windshield doesn't go completely to the roof, and when hosing off the Honda I've noticed water running between windshield sections over dash.

U

utahyank

Apr 9, 2018
Ownership

1. 500
I’m new here and just bought a 2018 p500 over the weekend. I love this little dude and it’s a lot better for me and the wife than our Previous Honda four wheeler. I am already ready to start improving on it. The first thing I want to go is the stock tires. I was set on keeping the stock rims and just adding tires but from what I’m reading it makes it tippy. So most say to get new rims with a different offset to help. I don’t have to worry about 50” trails where I ride. I will be using this for hunting, cruising dirt roads,hitting some atv parks and some mud riding from time to time with friends and family. So this brings me too my question. What tire and rim combo do you recommend? I’m thinking 26” tires should be plenty. I was thinking maybe some delta steel wheels or something black. Some of the tires I have in mind are the interco reptiles, mudlite xtr, Maxxis Bighorn,maxxis Bighorn 2.0. Just looking for ideas and recommendations from you guys in the know. I just don’t want to have that tippy feeling as I do ride some hills and swamps from time to time. Thanks in advance for your help.
Hi...........I ordered mine this morning........I am so excited I will hardly be able to sleep until I have it.........dealer had none in inventory, so maybe 2 weeks to be ready.......do you think the bigger tires will help ant tipping issues?

advertisement
rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Hi...........I ordered mine this morning........I am so excited I will hardly be able to sleep until I have it.........dealer had none in inventory, so maybe 2 weeks to be ready.......do you think the bigger tires will help ant tipping issues?
Ya...got your 1st like....
...lots of info here..read
through..,find wat tires...
fit your riding style...terrain
......& of course...the "LOOK"
you want....
One Rule here....
"PICS...OR IT NEVER....HAPPENED
.....Welcome...

Ragincajun92

Ragincajun92

Mar 19, 2018
Kingsland, Georgia
Ownership

1. 500

You will love it. I know we love ours. I just got my tires and wheels in today so I will be installing soon. I opted to go with a 4+3 wheel to give me a wider stance to make it feel more planted. Going with this offset is the same as doing spacers with the stock wheel. I went with wider tires as well and taller. Where I ride we have a lot of swamps and muddy areas. I decided to go with the new vampire 2’s in 27” with 14” wheels. A lot of good guys on here with tons of knowledge. You have a question just make a post and normally will have a response rather quickly. Good luck and welcome to the team

U

utahyank

Apr 9, 2018
Ownership

1. 500
You will love it. I know we love ours. I just got my tires and wheels in today so I will be installing soon. I opted to go with a 4+3 wheel to give me a wider stance to make it feel more planted. Going with this offset is the same as doing spacers with the stock wheel. I went with wider tires as well and taller. Where I ride we have a lot of swamps and muddy areas. I decided to go with the new vampire 2’s in 27” with 14” wheels. A lot of good guys on here with tons of knowledge. You have a question just make a post and normally will have a response rather quickly. Good luck and welcome to the team
thanks for the welcome..............I may be the oldest first-time utv buyer at age 80....and I'm excited to ride some Utah and Arizona trails....called the dealer today and he said the 500 should be in Utah by next Tuesday....I ordered a power steering kit to be put on it, and made street legal...think I will just drive it the 4 miles to home when it's ready.....
I do have a question about windshields...I would like the choice of having half or full windshield, but the picture looks like the top half of the windshield rests on the hood of the Pioneer....... that can't be good, can it?.....bouncing on the hood?....maybe I'm missing something..

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
thanks for the welcome..............I may be the oldest first-time utv buyer at age 80....and I'm excited to ride some Utah and Arizona trails....called the dealer today and he said the 500 should be in Utah by next Tuesday....I ordered a power steering kit to be put on it, and made street legal...think I will just drive it the 4 miles to home when it's ready.....
I do have a question about windshields...I would like the choice of having half or full windshield, but the picture looks like the top half of the windshield rests on the hood of the Pioneer....... that can't be good, can it?.....bouncing on the hood?....maybe I'm missing something..

Never too old to do something new.

Which windshield are you looking at? There are some that are hinged at the bottom to fold down like a Jeep and some that are hinged at the top to open up for air flow.

U

utahyank

Apr 9, 2018
Ownership

1. 500
Never too old to do something new.

Which windshield are you looking at? There are some that are hinged at the bottom to fold down like a Jeep and some that are hinged at the top to open up for air flow.
well, I feel rather dumb about the windshield issue....I like having wind sometimes, and full cover sometimes, but I can't tell from the pictures how the combined half and full work....I don't want part of the windshield laying on the hood....what other designs convert from half to full?

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
well, I feel rather dumb about the windshield issue....I like having wind sometimes, and full cover sometimes, but I can't tell from the pictures how the combined half and full work....I don't want part of the windshield laying on the hood....what other designs convert from half to full?

Check out SuperATV.com

U

utahyank

Apr 9, 2018
Ownership

1. 500
Check out SuperATV.com
thanks for that suggestion....I checked out the flip-up utv windshield, and think that is what I will go with......a bit pricey, but what the heck....

100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Welcome from Narth Cackalacky

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!