BOX1

P700 New 2018 Pioneer 700-4 issue

BillEwing

BillEwing

Apr 10, 2019
kingston springs tn
Ownership

1. 700-4
Machine is new and has about 40 miles on it. Saturday we were out tooling around the neighborhood for a community yard sale. Not hauling anything special or abusing the machine. Just cruising to speed 30 mph up and down hills. We stopped and got going again and out of nowhere the UTV seemed to loose power for 10 - 15 seconds. Bogged down but gathered itself up and kept going without missing another beat. Couldn't really tell if it was the motor or transmission but I think it was the motor. Anyone had this experience before.

Last edited:
Larry_F

Larry_F

Sep 16, 2018
Helps Michigan
Ownership

1. 700-4
Machine is new and has about 40 hours on it. Saturday we were out tooling around the neighborhood for a community yard sale. Not hauling anything special or abusing the machine. Just cruising to speed 30 mph up and down hills. We stopped and got going again and out of nowhere the UTV seemed to loose power for 10 - 15 seconds. Bogged down but gathered itself up and kept going without missing another beat. Couldn't really tell if it was the motor or transmission but I think it was the motor. Anyone had this experience before.

Mine has done it twice. It has about 35 miles on it. Seems like it starving for fuel to me. I'm going to try and put some miles on it this weekend. We'll see what happens

Reactions: BillEwing
BillEwing

BillEwing

Apr 10, 2019
kingston springs tn
Ownership

1. 700-4
Mine has done it twice. It has about 35 miles on it. Seems like it starving for fuel to me. I'm going to try and put some miles on it this weekend. We'll see what happens

Larry, I typed the first post with an error. We are both close together within break in period - mine has about 40 miles not hours on it. I will let you know if mine does it again too.

Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Machine is new and has about 40 miles on it. Saturday we were out tooling around the neighborhood for a community yard sale. Not hauling anything special or abusing the machine. Just cruising to speed 30 mph up and down hills. We stopped and got going again and out of nowhere the UTV seemed to loose power for 10 - 15 seconds. Bogged down but gathered itself up and kept going without missing another beat. Couldn't really tell if it was the motor or transmission but I think it was the motor. Anyone had this experience before.
Mine did something like that when it was new, it lost power and sputtered and wouldn’t hardly pull itself so I stopped and shut it off. After I started up it never did it again.

Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Good to know. Mine has been trouble free since.
I’m not sure what caused mine to act up, it probably had 20 miles on it at the time. It has 500 miles on it now with no problems since. Good luck.

Bluehammer

Bluehammer

May 4, 2018
Alaska
Ownership

1. 700-4

Same thing happened a handful of times to mine last year when it was new.It hasn’t happened since. Must be some break in quirk. Either that or a bit of water in the gas.

Reactions: Russ989
Larry_F

Larry_F

Sep 16, 2018
Helps Michigan
Ownership

1. 700-4
Update, I now have close to 200 miles on it and it hasn't had any more issues.

BillEwing

BillEwing

Apr 10, 2019
kingston springs tn
Ownership

1. 700-4
Larry I probably have around 120 miles on mine and it has not had any issues since I first posted the problem a couple of months ago. Seems weird that this could be a common problem that only happens once when getting broken in. Go figure.....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!