Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
Looking for WOTF (wisdom of the forums) again.

Just picked up my new '21 P1K5 Deluxe a couple weeks ago. Have 38 miles on it thus far (mostly flat dirt roads around the area.

My buddy mentioned that he thought it was leaning towards the driver's side a little bit. It was on level ground (concrete floor in pole barn).

When I measured from the ground up to the top of the wheel wells, it did appear to be ~1/2" higher on the passenger side than the driver's side.

When I measured from the center of the wheel up to the same reference point (to eliminate the tires), the measurements were very close to being the same from side to side.

So I figured the culprit might be under and/or over inflated tires on one side.

Nope. All four tires were within ~1 psi of one another (15 to 16).

Any "common" situations or things that I should look at to see if they might be the cause? Should I wait until I put more miles on her to see if the springs or other components "settle in" and she levels off?

Fro

Fro

Lifetime Member
Jan 28, 2016
Ardmore
Wait until you get more miles on it and your springs get broken into where they settle out. It’s most likely leaning to the drivers side because with the driver there’s more weight on the drivers side. The heavier side is sagging quicker.

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
Wait until you get more miles on it and your springs get broken into where they settle out. It’s most likely leaning to the drivers side because with the driver there’s more weight on the drivers side. The heavier side is sagging quicker.
Thanks. I planned on doing just that (I don't want to overthink this). I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing some "known" issue.

I gather the gas tank is on the pax side. How much fuel is in it?

About half a tank, so no more than ~23 pounds or so. But if additional weight would make it lean, wouldn't the fuel tank on the passenger side make it lean towards that side and not towards the driver's side?

bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks. I planned on doing just that (I don't want to overthink this). I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing some "known" issue.

About half a tank, so no more than ~23 pounds or so. But if additional weight would make it lean, wouldn't the fuel tank on the passenger side make it lean towards that side and not towards the driver's side?
True enough, but I was considering the opposite, might'a been level with near full tank, with the thought yours may of been close to empty. It was just a WAG, as I have no clue how X amount of lateral weight offset would translate into more spring compression on one side vs the other.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Bingo hans landa

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
Have you checked the tire pressure all around? Measured spring preload on each side to compare?
Yes.

Not yet. Haven't even so much as looked @ the shocks on this new Deluxe (again, our first UTV). Are the adjustable?

The odd part is, unless I did something wrong, everything measured right when measuring from wheel center up to the fender - which would typically mean no issues with suspension or anything *above* the axle.

Stateboy

Stateboy

Lifetime Member
Apr 5, 2021
Wolverine, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I had heard that they had some tire issues concerning availability of one brand versus another during 2021 assembly year. I guess I'd check to make sure all four are the same tire manufacturer and then check to make sure they put the correct sizes on the front and rear axles. After that, I'm just going to sit back and follow this thread and see what you learn.

advertisement
Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
In case you didn't realize it, I'm already planning on at least partially blaming you ... 😂
Thats ok, my wife blames me for everything anyway whats one more thing lol

Rayger143

Rayger143

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 5, 2020
Winfield, BC Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-5
@Scoop I think you are overthinking this. Is the floor you are doing measurements on perfectly level? I can't count how many times that I have takin a double look at mine thinkin something was crooked or bent. I think you need to get in that drivers seat and put some miles on and enjoy it! 38 miles in a couple weeks? How do you hold yourself back? Hahahaha.

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
@Scoop I think you are overthinking this. Is the floor you are doing measurements on perfectly level? I can't count how many times that I have takin a double look at mine thinkin something was crooked or bent. I think you need to get in that drivers seat and put some miles on and enjoy it!
Lol. Thx.

38 miles in a couple weeks? How do you hold yourself back? Hahahaha.
I've spent the last 2+ weeks waiting on and installing about $4K worth of accessories and the bike has been in various states of disassembly during this time, so ...

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!